Extended Stay AmericaCleanliness and customer service

N Oct 22, 2020

Whom it may concern,
I called extended stay america located at Louisville, Ky. Address: 6101 Dutchmans Lane. And told them I would like a room for 30 days possibly more. I just completed my tour overseas and my household goods are in transit from Japan to the US and I need a room until they arrive. The employee on the phone (Josh) if I remember correctly told me I would get a rate of $43.00 a night being I was staying for 30 days. I gave my credit card info and locked in the room. I drove 10+ hours from South Georgia to Louisville and arrived around 10 pm Saturday 17 October 2020. The attendant at the desk when I checked was nice but told me that she had to charge me on a weekly basis because that is what "Josh" had set up and that she could not change what he had done. I was very tired and ready to lay down so I agreed and To rent to my room for the night. The next day I looked closer at the receipt and noticed that the rate they had charged was $53.00 a night. I went to the office several times but I never got anyone to come to the front desk. I had to start my new job at Ft Knox the next day so I was not able to go to the front desk until after work. Again no one ever came to the desk. I used the phone at the office and dialed "0" to see if someone would come but that was in vain as no one ever came. On Tuesday night I did speak to a young lady and told her about the situation with the price as well as the condition my room was in when I checked in. The cabinets in the kitchen area were full of crumbs and bread ties that had not been cleaned out. The dresser still had ticket stubs from local events that the previous family had attended in the drawer. The floor had not been vacuumed and the microwave had food spattered inside. The employee told me she was sorry but there was nothing she could do they only clean every other week. I said okay, well may I have some new towels that I would bring the old ones down to swap out and she told me No, I'm sorry, I'm not authorized to give out towels. I said your sign right here says if you need new towels to ask the front desk clerk. She said, I know but I cant at this time and she apologized again. Needless to say the next day I went and found a NEW place to stay after work. Another annoying thing is by the time I got all of my things out of the room and made it to the office it was approximately 1530 and she told me she had to charge me for that night even though I was NOT staying there. I understand the rules about checkout time but with all of the other issues I would have thought maybe she would not charge me for a room I was not even going to be sleeping in that night. I am very disappointed with this property and the customer service I received during my short stay at this location. Please take the time to check into this particular branch and correct these issues.
Thank you for your time.
Very Respectfully,