Ewave MicrowaveWhat a piece of garbage!

D

Ewave. What a piece of garbage! We bought this when we remodeled our kitchen about 2 years ago and it was a problem from the start. It's the over the range model. The display blinks and sputters constantly. Usually after about 4 or 5 brief operations in a row the unit stops completely like a fuse has blown! When it comes back to life again (on its own), it has forgotten what time it is and what language it uses. Also, when you're using the microwave and the stove, the fan comes on by itself in high speed and won't shut off for quite some time. When you punch in the cook time or quick launch buttons the display tells you what it's going to cook and for how long for about 5 seconds before it really starts. How annoying!

Antonio Liotti Mar 31, 2015

Wow surprise on these reviews my Ewave is now 22 years old and its on its last legs only because the buttons don't work most of the times other than that it has been problem free for 21+ years of the 22 years i have had it. Maybe the one I got was the only good one in the batch i can only hope my next microwave will last as long.

• Ka
    Kay Oct 16, 2007

I have a dead Ewave over my stove and if I could rip it out of the wall I would throw it into the alley! Digital numbers blinking and flashing, turntable stopped working, door handle came off, vent cover fell off, brackets to hold the racking melted off! Run from this manufacturer and spend the money to get a quality product.

• Th
    Thomas Lafond Aug 26, 2007

Can we no find a microwave with a door that open the other way like on fridge?

Thomas