Emerge MastercardNotice of Termination of Card

I have had this credit card since approximately 2002. I used it in 2002/2003 to move back to my home in Seattle from South Dakota. Since then, I have made regular payments, at least the minimum, but the majority of payments have been above the minimum.

Today I received a letter from them saying that my card has been terminated. I still owe $1, 528.00 (thanks to their exhorbitant interest rate and charges.) There is no explanation as to WHY my card has been terminated. I take my credit rating very seriously. There is no explanation of the company going out of business, and the implication is that it is my fault. I am wondering if anyone else has received a similar letter.

Sincerely,

Mary Witter

• Ti
    TinkTink Dec 01, 2009

The same exact thing happened to me. I would rather be provided with a settlement instead of paying them back at 29.99%.

• Pa
    patsy lowry Nov 09, 2010

I recieved the same notice today. I have had this card for years and have always made my payments on time. They give me no reason as to why they are terminating the emerge program. Does anyone know?

• Pa
    patsy lowry Nov 09, 2010

I recieved the same notice today. I have had this card for years and have always made my payment on time. They give me no reason as to why they are terminiating the emerge program. Does anyone know?