Elegant Ragdolls/KittensSick kittens

J Review updated:

I purchase 2 very sick kittens from elegant rags. My vet can't believe that a vet would okay these kittens to fly on a plane. They have been in and out of the hospital for months — they have serious uri's constantly. One almost died. I've spent almost $1, 000 in 3 months on vet bills. Jessica perry's cattery should be shut down.

• Sh
    Shutdownjessicaperry Dec 01, 2015

Jessica Perry and her sister Leah are a joke. She sell's kittens that are sick. She switches kittens when they are getting health checks and has even given people the wrong kitten, same breed just wrong kitten cause the one she is suppose to send is way to sick to fly.

chuckles1357 Jul 30, 2014

i have had a very bad experience with We Love Ragdolls / Love Ragdolls (Facebook), Love Ragdoll Cats (what they call their website now). The all-white Ragdoll i purchased from them in November 2013 has HCM!! she was 5.5 months old when i got her. On her 13th month birthday (out of the "health guarantee" period), she started panting after moderate exercise, for at least 30 seconds after a one to two minute romp! It has not gone away, it has gotten a little worse... i took her to the vet who told me she has the early signs of HCM, extremely common in Ragdolls being bred by breeders who don't test for the HCM gene... or don't care.
    The cat is extremely frightened around people and does not want to be held on only allows petting for a few moments at a time. I have read elsewhere some are kept in Jessica Perry's garage under filthy conditions and it smells.

sailinaway Jul 18, 2012

I have purchased two kittens from the loveragdoll breeder in Louisiana. the first kitten did come with an eye infection and was diagnosed with Herpes virus. She has, 6 months later, never gotten rid of the eye infection despite several vet visits.

The second cat was a mink male and is absolutely fantastic. About two months after we got him home he ended up in the emergency room because he became completely lethargic very suddenly one evening and was not recovering. The diagnosis was that was likely related to a fever or virus, possibly the herpes virus from the other cat. I will say that this is a very beautiful and sweet ragdoll kitten - probably one of the best I have ever owned (we even bred them at one point)... so I would have to say my personal experience with the breeder in LA is 50/50.

I was honestly not aware of all of the bad press on Jessica Perry before I bought the cats... had I read then what I have read now - I SERIOUSLY doubt I would have spent $1, 000 + on kittens from someone with this many complaints.

• Tt
    ttesney Mar 17, 2012

I just purchesed a kitten from love ragdolls in Louisiana. She comes home on 13 Apr 12... has anyone had an issue with the breeder in Louisianna???

• Ga
    Gary Bullard Sep 12, 2011

Beware people they have gone from Elegant Rags to Lovely Ragdolls now to Loveragdolls. Com with the same owner Jessia Perry

• Dm
    dmjkc Aug 16, 2011

I purchased a male Ragdoll kitten from LoveRagdolls in Feb. 2011 and had no problems with my kitten. He was healthy but was very shy and timid...what you would think of an abused cat. He will pull back when we go to pet him. He loves us to pet him, as long as we are sitting on the floor with him. He does not like to be held or to lay anywhere comfy! He will lay on a cold hard floor or on an upside down bin...he'll lay right across the edge of the upside down bin However, I have no proof that anything was done wrong. We love our Ragdoll but would think twice about purchasing another one from these breeders due to the complaints about them. I wish you luck with your beautiful cats!!

• Ne
    Nevin's mommy Jul 27, 2010

Today I had to euthanize my cat because of poly cystic kidney disease. He was 14 months old. I got him from Elegant Ragdolls. I first noticed his eyes were watery, then came the puss from his eyes. My Vet also diagnosed him with Herpes Virus when I first got him. Within the last three weeks he lost 1 pound and stopped eating and became lethargic. After a lot of tests an Ultrasound discovered the kidneys were both enlarged and surrounded by fluid. He was suffering. I am so devastated and angry that these people are carelessly breeding cats. I had been told that the parent cats were genetically screened for diseases. This could have been prevented. My heart goes out to all these kittens who are suffering because of these individuals and to the other owners who will loose their little ones to the same genetic poly cystic disease.

• Bu
    BUYADICTIONARY.COM Sep 27, 2009

Why can't anyone spell correctly?

• Ho
    Holly Bell Nov 05, 2020

@BUYADICTIONARY.COM I don't know why people can't spell her, but its making me doubt their claims. The first thing I noticed about her account is there are no pictures of her and her husband, no mentions of her life- loves, and or dislikes in the world. Without that human contact or intimacy her ad looks and feels like a billboard on a trashy street corner. Glad I checked up on her.

• Go
    GoOilers Aug 09, 2009

who are these bozo people in here? i bout kittens
    and have no probleims GET a Job pay for there vet
    visits thats like that with any Pet i think u people SUCK
    the breeder woulndt be in buisness if was that bad
    so get a life!!!

• Cd
    CDS May 22, 2009

Melissa - you should be careful what links you post. Here is an article about the website that you said "they would help" ... this lady is an Internet predator. Just check out the domains she has purchased to do the exact same thing that you are doing.

Be careful what you read on the Internet, folks.

• Ju
    Justin May 14, 2009

There is something very wrong with this cattery the website has so many kittens for sale as well and they can be taken home very cheap I bet is beacause the cats end up very sick and dying and jessica knows better then not to charge too much at the begining.

A friend of mine has a cat from her as wella nd the eyes have puss shooting out of them every few months that cannot be helped with medicne there vet siad its Herpe virus or in time could be the begining of FIP

• El
    ELEGANT RAGS IS CRUEL Apr 28, 2009

Also Jessica is going to hell for useing poor animals for money and not caring for them how SICK!!!1

• El
    ELEGANT RAGS IS CRUEL Apr 28, 2009

Jessica perry should be put on [redacted] right away so she is exposed even more. she is sick and cruel. my cat has bad eye infections that come and go and I paid over a thousand dollars for my cat.

Jessica will be very nice and even give back small amounts of money because she wants to suck people in and make like she is nice and giving when all u get is sick cats.

I would also like everyone to tell me what parents your kittens have its very inportant as I am a breeder in ca with other cats at risk for something.

• Ca
    catlover Apr 27, 2009

If you don't mind telling me... Who were the parents of your kitten that died from the AIDS? I bought a cat from Jessica that died from the same thing.

• Ra
    Ragdolllvr Apr 16, 2009

I'd be very careful. I had 2 such experiences. Once you have these sweat creatures in your hands, you will do anything to get them back to health. Many dollars later, sad.

• Je
    Jennifer Mar 31, 2009

Jessica's Husband is a piolet maybe she got a deal and was able to fly the sick kittens. I too have a cat from her and it had URIs all the time my cat is doing ok now but who knows what it may be carrying or spreading.

• Me
    melissa p Mar 13, 2009

you should post your complaint at cat-breeders-complaints.info, they will help!!!

• Me
    melissa p Mar 11, 2009

I cant believe this has happened to more then just me!! How is she getting away with this!!We have to make sure she is not going to keep selling these sick kittens to anyone else!!!

• Un
    unknown Mar 11, 2009

Something needs to be done. This cattery is run out of SC even though they have different states that they coordinate business from.

• Un
    unknown Mar 11, 2009

I just posted my issue under Elegant Rags/Elegant Ragdolls...you should report your issue to TICA which is who Jessica Perry's cattery is registered.

Janelle Smith Mar 11, 2009