Economy Lubeseriously very bad experience with economy lube

I had my worst experience in my 11 years of stay In Canada at Economy Lube, Mississauga, ON today on Apr 21' 2011.
I went their for oil change servicing for my car. It was my third time I had gone in there.
Previously they had charged $25/- for oil change and ofcourse I got some other recommended changes as well done to my CRV
Today also I was advised for further oil flusing, gear oil change etc. I denied at which the Customer Service Rep got
offended and started yelling at me and used abusive language.
Then I said I had paid previously $25 but the Rep said now it's $40 only and used f words few times.
When this became unbearable, I got annoyed and told him bring out previous invoices and he can check.
The guy went wild and my wife got scared.
That was not it, he forced me to come out of the office and things started to go out of control at which time, my wife called 911.
Cops advised us there is no point in taking it any further, just stop coming here and file a complaint.
Based on my experience, all I can say is, It's a SHOP of people who wants to RIP you OFF with no reliable, honest and trust worthy servicing...

• Di
    Dimitri Lukinski Oct 19, 2012

Agree: same happened to me in Mississauga Lube on October 19th 2012 morning. Went to change the oil with MY OIL. Was do that $17.64 plus tax advertised does not apply to customer's oil and was charged $29 instead. (NO UPFRONT telling of the price difference). Service personnel tried all the usual way to rip off: showing transmission fluid that was not mi and telling me to replaced it (done at 96-120k in Toyotas, not 47k), shown filters that are not mine.Personnel was rude. Office manager said that is not talking me and want me to leave. No resolution offered.

Very BAD experience - suggest everyone filing complaint with BBB (Better Business Bureau, since Economy Lube was rated with "A-", which is slightly over what I would give - "D"

Stay way from them. Not to be trusted.

• Fr
    freddyp May 03, 2011

I just took my car in there for a second emissions test with the same kind of result. I was in there last week, on April 26, and the guy told me to get all this work done at a service centre he recommended. I did the work he suggested myself then took the car back today - guess what, it failed again. The readings actually got worse. I should have known that something was fishy when I walked into the shop one of the service guys said, "Is the machine ok?" Do not go to this place - they will rip you off. Economy Lube at Hurontario just north of Derry Road in Mississauga - stay away!!!