DSG Associates, Inc.REFUSAL TO PAY FOR WORK PERFORMED

D

Deborah,
I was out of the office yesterday and was sorry to read your check did not arrive when I read my e-mail this morning. I saw your check being placed in the out-going mail by Stef. I know it is on the way.
It should be there any day. I have removed you from our data base as an active shopper as you requested.
Ruth

At 04:37 PM 1/30/2012, you wrote:
>It has been 48 days and still no check!!! I am going to file a
>complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Make sure you never contact
>me again for any of your scam work!! I don't think you even mailed it
>or it would have been here by now.
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Ruth Seamark [mailto:[protected]@dsgai.com]
>Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 9:22 AM
>To: Deborah Johnson
>Subject: Re: Payment
>Deborah,
>I checked with Stefanie, and your check was cut yesterday as I thought
>it would be. Uncle Sam should have it to you soon. I am assuming the
>address is correct since you did not respond with any corrections.
>Thanks again for doing the assignment.
>Ruth
>Deborah,
>I can understand your concern about receiving payment for the
>assignment you did in December. I just checked with Stefanie who runs
>the checks every Wednesday. She said your check is in the batch to be
>cut tomorrow, 1/25. We mail all checks via USPS to the address on file,
>which is 231 N. 160 West, Jerome, ID 83338. If that is not correct,
>please let me know. Your contract details sheet states that all valid
>reports will be paid approximately 35 days after being reported. Since
>we cut checks on Wednesdays, yours just missed the cut off date for
>last Wednesday, 1/18, by one day (which would have been 34 days after
>being reported). We appreciate the fact that you helped us meet our
>deadline with this project. I will follow up with Stefanie tomorrow
>afternoon to make sure your check was cut and mailed. If you have any
>other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
>Ruth
>At 09:02 AM 1/23/2012, you wrote:
> >When DSG called and asked me to help you with an insurance shop that
> >absolutely had to be done right away, I helped you and got the job
> >done. To thank me for helping I was to get 65.00 dollars within 30
> >days. It has now been 41 days and you haven't even mailed me the check.
> >If a check is not received by me by Wednesday the 25th of January 2012.
> >I will file a formal complaint against your company with the better
> >business. Also with any other State agency I can find. It is illegal
> >to refuse to pay as agreed.
> >
> >Deborah Johnson
> >[protected]
> >#284864

More DSG Associates, Inc. Complaints & Reviews

• Ap
    April H1976 Dec 22, 2015

Anytime, regular email mail is utilized, it's expected that problems will arise. With that being said, the company should of given the employee the check number and any imperative information. Then they should of on the second check made it to where you had to sign for it to receive it. I think the company did everything possible to rectify the situation.

• Ds
    DSG Associates, Inc. Jun 19, 2012

From DSG Associates, Inc.: This is a misunderstanding. When the shopper(Deborah) complained that her expected check was late, we found that it had missed the normal check run cut-off by one day. She was told her check would be cut on 1/25/12, then mailed soon after and it was. When she reported it had not been received on 1/30, she was asked to wait until the next day’s mail. Upon learning that it still hadn’t arrived, we sent a second check via overnight delivery and asked her to return or destroy the original when it arrived. Although we don’t know if she received or destroyed the first one, we do know that she cashed the second check. In retrospect, due to this shopper’s extreme mistrust and agitation, we regret not escalating her complaint and taking dramatic steps to ease her frustration earlier, so we have tried to apologize for her discomfort. Please note that we mail thousands of shopper checks every month without incident. While a check is occasionally lost in the mail, this is an extremely rare occurrence.