Menu

O
Author of the complaint
4:15 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I made the mistake of choosing Dr Housego to perform neck liposuction, cheek + chin and chin implant surgery on me. Firstly, he and his staff never responded to my emails and never gave me the opportunity to customise my procedure. From the moment he put the cheek implants in they I knew they were much too big, and since then I have had many revision surgeries to ‘get it right', however each time he went in to fix his previous mistakes he only made it worse. Six months after having them put in, and 3 surgeries later, the implants are now removed and it's the best decision I've ever made. Unfortunately as a result of Dr Housego cutting my face open so many times, there is now unwanted bulk (especially the left side) in the form of scar tissue. While the chin implant has brought more symmetry and balance to my face, it still lacks forward projection and I believe I could have achieved a much better result had I chosen a different surgeon who would have listened to my needs. Much of Dr Housego's decision making has consisted of ‘trial and error' and I believe he does not understand the basic principals of male and female facial aesthetics. I must also mention, there has been a fairly consistent level of unprofessionalism with Dr Housego (at least in my experience anyway). There were just too many things that went wrong. For example, during one revision surgery he decided to operate on me despite not having the correct equipment and lighting. Another time he failed to use enough anaesthetic during the operation and continued to cut into me until I screamed out in pain. During another revision surgery he was constantly swearing at the staff member assisting him with the procedure and made us both feel very uncomfortable. My experience with his man has been nothing short of physically and emotionally traumatising. I spent many months last year hiding away from the world and worrying about my appearance as a result of the surgeries performed by Dr Housego. I strongly believe he DOES NOT have the experience he claims to have. My advice to anyone considering having cosmetic surgery is to research your surgeon thoroughly. Don't make the mistake I made by choosing the most convenient/cheapest surgeon in the area. Travel interstate/overseas if you need to and find someone who knows what they're doing.

Helpful? 1 0
33 comments
Oct 12, 2020 4:15 pm

I hope karma catches up with this disgrace of a human being... Ian housego has ruined many lives. Wake up people.

4 0
Oct 10, 2020 4:15 pm

There was a big bbq for him at one of the local parks in Gracemere where he now lives. He turned up looking like he had gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson. Someone isn't happy with him.

Oct 26, 2020 4:15 pm

Also a facebook "Support Dr Ian Housego" facebook group.

Very interested to know what happened to his face...

1 1
D
Sep 25, 2020 4:15 pm

He’s been suspended and now there’s a huge movement to get him back . He has half the community hooked on s8 drugs

Jul 29, 2021 4:15 pm

He’s been suspended numerous times before with ahpra restrictions… just review his history. You’re looking like the clueless one here.

Oct 26, 2020 4:15 pm

He was suspended a long time ago - three years in fact, maybe you should do your research and look into the complaints above maybe then you will understand why he is such a danger to the community.
[redacted]. All these reviews above have not come from thin air, these are people who trusted him and who he let down because he thought he was qualified to do treatments that he wasn't.
Maybe you're the one who should be doing there research.

Oct 10, 2020 4:15 pm

He has been in trouble for years, why do you think he keeps moving around?

Oct 10, 2020 4:15 pm

You sure are right there. There are people desperate to find another doctor to prescribe the massive amount of drugs he was.

1 0
M
Oct 03, 2020 4:15 pm

What a load of crap! Exactly where do you get off accusing someone of getting people hooked drugs... grow up if this guy was such a danger to the communities he’s worked in I’m sure he would’ve been suspended a long time ago...maybe look into exactly why and what he was doing within his community before you judge on something you obviously have no idea about!

0 1
M
Feb 03, 2020 4:15 pm

In December 2019, Ian Housego faced criminal charges in court for illegally growing cannabis in his Gracemere home... google the story.

Apr 24, 2019 4:15 pm

''...Dr housego has a very keen interest in skin surgery...''

Apr 24, 2019 4:15 pm

Yes, the AHPRA website makes for some interesting reading on housego. Many pages. They got him.

Mar 10, 2020 4:15 pm

If they got him, he would no longer be practicing. It's ridiculous that he is still aloud to practice considering the number of complaints there are against him.

G
Apr 16, 2019 4:15 pm

Dr Ian Housego is working at Gracemere Family Practice.
Gracemere Family Practice
12 April at 19:05 ·
INTRODUCING

Dr Ian Housego

We are pleased to welcome Dr Ian Housego to our team at Gracemere Family Practice.

Dr Housego graduated from the University of Queensland in 2000 where he completed his MBBS, and he gained his RACGP Fellowship in 2009. He has worked all over Queensland, having done placements, locum work and general practice from the South-East to Northern Queensland. Dr Housego was also a Regimental Medical Officer with the Australian Army for a period of time.

Dr Housego has a very keen interest in skin surgery, having several years of experience as well as advanced training in skin surgery.

Dr Housego will be starting with us from Monday 15 April 2019. He will be available for appointments Monday to Friday 8 AM to 6 PM and Saturdays from 8:30 AM to 12 PM.*

Online appointments on HealthEngine will be available next week.

*Availability may be subject to change.

Apr 30, 2019 4:15 pm

It’s beyond me why anyone would choose to hire Ian Housego. He is a liability, demonstrates reckless behaviour and does not have the experience he claims to have. Only a matter of time before he becomes a story on A Current Affair.

1 0
G
Apr 18, 2019 4:15 pm

Go to APHRA website and search his name, he does have Conditions and Undertaking in relation to his registration which was imposed Nov 28th 2018.

Does NOT have advanced experience in skin surgery BE CAREFUL

Jan 09, 2019 4:15 pm

Ian Housego is also a dentist. Had dental work by him which turned into an absolute nightmare. Had to go to another dentist to correct the work he had done. His mistakes could not be fixed. Never returned calls. He operated from surgery in Noosaville which is now closed.

A
Jul 11, 2018 4:15 pm

I too had a very similar experience to the above. It was all so traumatic and now I’ve been left Feeling worse about my body and it’s been 12 months since the surgery. I wish I’d never had it done.

K
Sep 07, 2021 4:15 pm

The Office of the Health Ombudsman is an in dependent statutory authority that investigates health service complaints against practitioners. Based on the information you have provided can you please go https://www.oho.qld.gov.au/ and lodge a complaint against the practitioner or phone on 133 OHO (133646) and speak to one of our officers.

R
Jul 27, 2021 4:15 pm

I made a formal complaint of assault to the police. I'd advise you to do the same. Also make a formal complaint to AHPRA

Oct 12, 2020 4:15 pm

He is currently suspended from working at Gracemere Family Practice. There is a facebook page called Support Dr Ian Housego for people who are trying to get him reinstated. He says he was suspended because he failed a drug test. Don't know if its true or not.

Oct 05, 2020 4:15 pm

Hi could you please contact me ASAP to confirm this is the same doctor. Kerrie

Jun 23, 2019 4:15 pm

Gracemere medical centre

L
May 08, 2019 4:15 pm

Gracemere Family Practice

Apr 16, 2019 4:15 pm

He is working at Gracemere family medical practice

Apr 16, 2019 4:15 pm

Gracemere family medical practice he is working at

Gracemere family medical practice

Jan 09, 2019 4:15 pm

Aspire Dental and Specialist Clinic is now listed at Emerald Qld., however the number listed goes thru to answering machine.

L
Oct 21, 2018 4:15 pm

Hello. I am very sorry to read about what Dr Housego did with you. It would be great if you were able to shed some more light on his whereabouts. I'm not familiar with this complaints Board so do you know how we can get in contact with each other. I am currently trying to help another victim of this undesirable.

Sep 05, 2018 4:15 pm

Dr Housego assaulted me during a procedure as well as inappropriate behaviour he failed to give me any follow up treatment and has made my life a living hell. He has gone on the run and is staying at his mothers house in Lismore.

Aug 21, 2018 4:15 pm

Hi GUYS,
We are a business who is also looking for Dr Housego. If you have any information about his location or where he is now practicing, please feel free in contacting us at [email protected]

A
Jul 10, 2018 4:15 pm

Wow so interesting and disturbing to read other stories about dr Ian Housego. I underwent liposuction, laser and fat transfer to my face 12 months ago and have been left traumatised and scarred. The day of my surgery I was sedated with twilight anesetic and during the procedure I remember clear as day coming in and out of anesetic. I remember so well the burning on my face from the laser and that was nothing compared to what I was to endure next . I had completely come out of the anesetic and was wide awake when dr Ian Housego said he had finished and I said have you done my legs and he said no but can continue and use a injection of a local anesetic. I was told it would completely numb me . As Dr Housego start liposuction on my legs I started to scream and said I can feel that and he didn’t stop . I will never forgot the pain that day . My body started to shake uncontrollably because I had gone into shock and was absolutely freezing cold and screaming I’m trying to be strong but this is really [censored]ed up . My story has way more to it and I will share rest later. I am left with permanent scarring on my stomach and scarring on tops of legs, he needs to be put in jail for what he has done to my life and other people.