Dooney & BourkeHorrible customer service

N

I made a purchase on 12/15/11 during the 12 days of Dooney. While checking my bank account I noticed my purchase had not gone through. I tried calling their customer service dept. several times to see what happened. Of course, they are on the East coast & I am on the West coast so getting a hold of them was difficult. After deciding to email them instead, I noticed they sent me an email saying that my purchase did not go through & they just went ahead & canceled my order. I immediately emailed customer service, I received no response. I then called them again, I was put on hold for at least 10 minutes. When I finally spoke to someone, he was of no help & he sounded like he was working from home. I asked to speak to a manager, I was put on hold again. When I spoke to the manager, I explained the card information on file was correct & there should have been no reason for the denial. I also said that someone should have contacted me if there was a problem but instead you just canceled my order & now you will not honor the sale price. I called my bank & found out they were running the card incorrectly. Now, I am out a Christmas present & will never buy another product from Dooney & Bourke again!!! My family has purchased many items from the company. Well, they will never get another dollar from me again. It was their lack of customer service & competency that screwed up this order & they will take no responsibility for it. This is not how a company should conduct business in 2011 & especially during this economy when a purse is a want & not a need.