Domain Names/Hosting ServicesUnauthorized charge

S Review updated:

I don't know why I got the payment receipt from paypal since I don't think that I had puchased any Domain Names/Hosting Services

Merchant
[protected]@secureserver.net

Subtotal $9.15 USD
Total $9.15 USD
Payment $9.15 USD
PayPal Balance $9.15 USD
Payment sent to [protected]@secureserver.net

I don't think this is fair, it looks like scam

Sulaiman Phan
[protected]@gmail.com

• Ne
    Neil Patel 2 Nov 18, 2020

I came to know from their support executive that Domain Names Hosting Services popularly known as DNH (on credit card and paypal account statements) is a billing entity of The-Online.com domain registrar who runs Wild West Domains brand and has many resellers and sub-resellers who sell domains and hosting, including fxdomains, luckyregister, domainspricedright, domainrightnow, maddogdomains, etc.

So when I purchased my web hosting plan and registered domain with The-Online.com I was charged by DNH or Domain Name Hosting Services. The charge was $70.95 for 10 years for .COM domain registration.

My complaint is they nowhere mention on their shopping-cart that I will be billed under the name of DNH. It is only mentioned on their site's help section.

• Yo
    Yosef18 Jun 21, 2019

Same with me!!
    This company domainrightnow.com

Charged my paypal account and they are proving false proof that I authorized the debit

This is a scam!!

• Br
    BrianBurns May 10, 2018

I just got billed for a domain I closed a few years ago -

You sent a payment of $19.17 USD to Domain Names/Hosting Services
    ([email protected])
    It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.
    Merchant:
    [protected]

Somehow they got my information from godaddy.com, which is where I had last registered the domain. They show up in my PayPal preapproved payments - https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/autopay/ - so I emailed them to undo the charge and will write paypal to dispute it if they don't respond.

John Arthur Knouse Apr 30, 2018

I just got ripped off for $21.17 by these [censored]. It's the end of the month, and I have about $1 in my checking account, and now I have to go to extraordinary measures to balance my account with money I don't have. May these [censored] ROT IN HELL!

• Je
    Jerry L Smith May 18, 2016

These nosebags charged me for an annual fee for websites that had been cancelled over a year ago AND WILL NOT REFUND THE FEE.

My recommendation: DO NOT do business with crooks. DNH Domain Hosting is a bunch of crooks! There is no other way to describe them.

• Ra
    RajeshKumarSankla Feb 14, 2016

Domain Names/Hosting Services
    I was the customer with a reseller of Online brand, but now I buy domains/hosting for my clients directly from Online.
    Clarification: Online ISP runs the brand "Online" at their site https://the-Online.com/ wherein they offer domain name reseller plans to individuals and businesses that set up their own white-label sites with unique names like Domains Priced Right, Mad Dogs Domains, Fx domains, etc.
    Online also sells domain name registrations to individuals through their own site too.
    Online uses secureserver.net URL as a secure site which is their back-end site to process payments, handle billing and technical things, and also a secure log in place for your "My Account" section from where you can renew/purchase products/services.
    When you purchase/renew a domain name at Online or at any of their reseller site through PayPal, you will be billed by Online through their affiliate company Domain Names/Hosting Services. [email protected] or any other email address like [email protected] will not work if you want to make further inquiry about your order/refunds/cancellation. Those email address are just for sending our domain name renewal notices, order confirmation emails, newsletters, etc. If you need any billing / technical support, directly contact: [email protected]

Auto-renewal is a protection offered to you which enables you to carry on your business/work without worrying about domain name renewal dates, hosting plan renewal dates, etc. As per your Legal Agreements, you as a customer agree to for renewal billing if you make a payment through your PayPal account. You can cancel auto-renewal of domains by logging at My Account section at https://the-Online.com/

For more information to cancel your Domain Names/Hosting Services Billing contact the following email address:
    website: https://the-online.com/

• Re
    Renee Prisk Aug 25, 2015

9757 Pine Lake Dr Apt 2041
    Houston, TX [protected]
    from australia, they have got me as well and taken 320 from my account for a domain name only to be screwed around! RENEE PRISK
    other associated names they go under are...Geek Square
    Ballistic Domains
    Screaminsites.com
    Domains Your Way
    Geekwild
    Genicks, Inc.
    Wild West Domains

• Re
    RedCardinal May 20, 2015

It's OK. Please Check anywhere you have purchased domains. Many sites are actually godaddy resellers websites. They can be called ANYTHING (i.e. 123SampleDomains.com) and you probably purchased a domain or hosting from them.

All my DNH*Domain/Hosting charges are from www.OfficialWebDomain.com (which is a reseller at great prices) and are valid renewal charges in my case.

You most likely received an email from the (name of where you purchased domain/hosting) on the same/near the date. If you didn't make sure that you don't have an old email address in your account as people change their emails and wonder why they don't get the notice of renewals.

Again, CHECK ANYWHERE you have your domains/hosting/websites and you'll probably see the charge for auto and manual renewals. When you have a DNH* charge it may be with your 'other' domain account and probably not a godaddy's main website account.

• Mu
    mukesh2 Sep 26, 2014

Godara web best hosting and domain registration in india

• 2n
    2Networkit.com Inc. May 26, 2014

Same thing just happened to me today. 49.99 US removed from my account via Paypal.

• Ha
    hammockmon53 Jan 26, 2014

Same thing happened to me on my Paypal account. I don't remember authorizing any recurring payments from secureserver.net. I canceled the payment and hopefully that does it. It's interesting that badams_ios tracked it back to godaddy.com...

• Ba
    badams_ios Jan 22, 2014

At 05:50:04 PST, $14.95 was taken from my paypal account by a merchant calling itself Domain Names/Hosting Services. An email of [email protected] and a phone number of: [protected] was attached. The receipt gave no domain name at all, much less one of mine. I called the number and was told no human was available to take my call.

Paypal Transaction ID: 90014935L3821803X
    Receipt ID: B-7L725426D01390241

There is nothing at secureserver.net except an outlook web access server. A whois look-up shows that the registrar is www.wildwestdomains.com. I went to wildwestdomains.com and called but no human was available to take my call at 1:05 PM PST. I put the address listed under “contact us” into maps.google.com and used street level view to see if there was really a business there and what its name is and saw the company’s name is Starfield.com. I called them and was asked for my credit card number or bank account information so they could look it up. Um... No.

Taking a closer look at the whois result for secureserver.net I saw that all three companies are part of godaddy. Same address and all. Called godaddy and was told there was no number to talk to anyone about fraud, but they gave me an email address of [email protected] Godaddy also confirmed that all the companies are the same.

• Mr
    MrBrat2U Jun 25, 2011

I had the same thing happen for $179.64 USD! Two years of web hosting service! Paypal reversed the charge and my account has been canceled with this Domain Names/Hosting Services. No renewal notice was received if I had ever used this service I don't remember... maybe two years ago??? Switched to Godaddy which always gives renewal noticed and the chance to turnoff auto renewals too.

• Se
    seeeeo Dec 13, 2010

The same happened with me just...I have no idea about this how it happens?

• Am
    amomslove May 26, 2010

This just happened to me today...they took $25 dollars out of my acct. I cancelled the agreement...that was said I had ...i am going to place a complaint with paypal.

You've authorized use of your PayPal account for future payments to Domain Names/Hosting Services.

Billing ID B-7H884720BJ230201J
    Status Cancelled on May 26, 2010
    Merchant Business Name Domain Names/Hosting Services
    Customer Service Email [email protected]
    Customer Service Phone [protected]

Bill Term Initiated Date May 27, 2009
    Billing Limit $500.00 USD (per month)
    Total Billed This Cycle $25.51 USD

Funding Source

• Da
    dave borja Mar 23, 2010

[email protected]

billing my paypal account services that I never contracted for.
    20.34USD.

chakru Mar 22, 2010

same thing happened to me today.. WTF??!!