Dental Arts of ColchesterPatient negligence Bogus Billing Practices

A

I brought my 7 year old twin daughters in for a dental exam and teeth cleaning at Dental Arts of Colchester. The Hygenist put an adult size Xray Tab in my daughters mouth and told her to bite down. It hurt her mouth very badly when she bit down. My daughter was very upset and began crying. Upon not biting down on the Tab to complete the Xray the Hygenist then put in a Child size Xray Tab in her mouth and my daughter was able to have the Xrays taken. My other 7 year old twin was in the waiting room and heard her sister getting upset which in turn scared her. The Hygenist scared her even further by putting the sharp mental dental instruments infront of her to see. My other daughter was so scared that she wouldn't even open her mouth. I told the Hygenist to forget it. The doctor came in and gave me the name of a children's dental practice to take the girls to.

I received a bill from Dental Arts of Colchester for each of my twins for $65. for Behavior Management which the Insurance Company will not cover. This business is run by negligent greedy people that should not be allowed to treat their customers especially their juvenile customers in such a horrible manner.

• Dr
    Dr Right Jun 08, 2009

Same happend to us

Was charged extra cleaning services not covered by the insurance, , ,

Very smart way to get extra money

• Dr
    Dr Right Jun 08, 2009

Bad service

• Na
    Nancy Martinez Jan 28, 2010

NOT TRUE AT ALL !!!

• Re
    Regina Gorham Feb 02, 2018

My family goes to this practice, and we have had excellent service year after year. In fact, my girls are so fond of Dr. Daly that they love to go to the dentist. I'm sorry to hear that your child had a difficult time with the x-rays. Under the best of circumstances, x-rays can be uncomfortable due to bone structures in the mouth. But I do know that they make every effort to make you as comfortable as possible, often going out of their way for me, due to my sensitivity. I highly recommend this practice. Dr. Daly takes time with her patients young and old. The descriptions I read above sound nothing like the experience we have had, these last twelve years. As for the billing accusation, a thorough examination always includes a cleaning, and if your insurance doesn't cover it, you must inform your provider that you don't want a cleaning. This goes for ALL dentists. There are thousands of dental plans in the world, and no one dentist can possibly know what you paid for yours and what it covers, until the bill is presented for payment to the insurance company. It's not their fault if you didn't inform them that you didn't have coverage for a proper examination. Mrs. Gorham