Closed

Days Inn / horrible manager

St May 11, 2019 Review updated:

I called regarding a charge made to the card, he hung up on me, then I called back and he said it's hard to hear, then when he did hear I explained I would be paying cash upon arrival and asked when would they reverse the charge/authorization and with a very nasty attitude he said in a couple days and there was no way of him knowing if I would be showing up or not. He truly needs training on how to speak to all customers.

I will NEVER make another booking with your establishment.

Comments

•   May 11, 2019

It is very common practice for a hotel to hold a charge on a card for the very reason that manager tried to explain to you. Hotels make money by renting out rooms, you see. When some schmuck calls and says they'll be there, and they'll be paying cash and then fails to show up, the hotel can lose revenue. If it were your business, I doubt you'd be so altruistic to just trust that someone saying they are going to show up is good enough.

Maybe your phone has a bad connection or you are soft spoken. Maybe it was hard to hear and the manager had better things to do than explain basic industry practices to someone who may or may not spend money at their establishment. You need training on how not to be an ignorant twit.

I feel bad for whatever lodging establishment you do decide to patronize. Days Inn dodged a huge bullet here.

Hope that helps!