Dan Murphys Marketown Newcastle NSW — security at store
I visited your store at West Newcastle this afternoon 24th November 2019 at approximately 3 pm and was totally appalled at the way the security guard approached me about checking my bags. I wasn't purchasing anything and tried to exit the store via the inward gate. There was no other way to leave apart from waiting for all those purchasing to be served.
As I went through the gate the security person called me back to check my bags.
I don't have a problem with having my bags checked and readily offer them for inspection when leaving a store however, I do take offence at being addressed as "love" and being told I looked suspicious.
Maybe the store should make it that there is a way to exit the store when you are not purchasing without having to look "suspicious". Also have the security guard placed in a position that you can readily offer your bags for inspection and not placed in an embarrassing situation in front of other customers.
After this experience I will not be returning to the store and will not be recommending this store to family and friends.
More Dan Murphys Marketown Newcastle NSW Complaints & Reviews
- Dan Murphy's - inefficiency 
- Dan Murphy's - charged wrong
- Dan Murphys - incorrect pricing not being honored even the I have paid
- Dan Murphy's - declined service bunbury wa 
- Dan Murphy's - customer service
- Dan Murphy's - service refusal 
- Dan Murphy's - theft of ideas for products.
- Dan Murphy's - bad customer service at doncaster east outlet
- Dan Murphy's - customer service 
- Dan Murphy's - gift cards