Menu
Curriculum Associates
reviews

Curriculum Associates
reviews

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.0 6 reviews
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Curriculum Associates has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Curriculum Associates. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Rate your recent experience
R
7:35 pm EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Curriculum Associates The Horrid Reality of Completing 60-Minute Iready Sessions: A Middle School Student's Perspective

As a middle school student, I have a lot of homework to complete on a daily basis. And while I relish the thought of being able to enjoy my weekends after finishing all my school work, completing the 60-minute iready sessions just ruins the entire weekend experience for me. I despise it with every fiber of my being. Some of the lessons are so overly complicated that I am forced to redo them multiple times before grasping the concepts. To add to my misery, there are close reading lessons that are exceedingly long and tedious.

Whenever I get a quiz answer incorrect, my self-worth takes a major hit, and I almost cry from the disappointment. When I first started Ireay in first grade, they had the small games that kept me engaged and interested in learning. However, the game has since been updated, and now it’s nothing but stupid jokes that are hardly entertaining. The diagnostic was also changed, and the fun alien shooter game was replaced with a mindless “brain break,” which is hardly relaxing.

Why do we have to complete the entire lesson again if we fail the quiz? Why not let us retake the quiz instead? It would be much more beneficial for our learning experience. I miss the days when Ireay was simpler and didn't have all these unnecessary changes that make it unbearable. It's quite obvious that the people behind Ireay care more about profits than the actual learning experience for students. Oh, and let's not forget about the ridiculous grading system- I got a 62% even though I only got two questions wrong!

Despite all of the negative experiences with Curriculum Associates and Ireay, I'm grateful that I could find a platform where I can voice my opinions and rate my experience with this terrible program. I also included a photo to show how awful the animation is- it's the least they could do if they're going to give us such a poor user experience.

C
5:18 pm EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Curriculum Associates Students Call for Change: Why Curriculum Associates Provides a Better Alternative to i-Ready

As students who have been forced to take i-Ready for years, we are frustrated with the lack of attention being given to our hardships. Luckily, we recently stumbled upon Curriculum Associates and their website, curriculumassociates.com, which provides an alternative to the i-Ready system.

We were thrilled to hear that there are options available for schools to use instead of i-Ready, which has caused us nothing but stress and despair. The company claims that i-Ready is an adaptive diagnostic tool that pinpoints student needs down to the sub-skill level and provides ongoing progress monitoring. However, as students, we have found that the program is anything but helpful. The test is designed to take only 30 minutes but often goes on for hours, and the so-called "brain breaks" are a waste of time that could be spent on actual learning.

In addition to these issues, we have found that i-Ready often covers concepts that we already know, and in some cases, the content is not current or relevant to our grade level. It's clear that the people who assigned this program to us did not thoroughly consider its effectiveness before implementing it in our schools.

We appreciate that Curriculum Associates offers an alternative to i-Ready, which we believe would benefit students greatly. We urge educators to consider the negative impact that i-Ready is having on students and to give other programs a chance. It's time to listen to student voices and provide them with a better educational experience.

N
3:18 pm EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Curriculum Associates Controversy Surrounding Curriculum Associates' Learning Platform, IReady

Curriculum Associates has been a subject of controversy lately. Some people have expressed their displeasure with the website and its learning platform, IReady. While it still exists, some believe that if it has a hundred negative reviews it will be sued. However, this may be wishful thinking as the website is still operational. One reviewer named Vivi P said the website is useful, but most people disagree with this opinion and think she is a bot sent to promote IReady. People who have attempted to use the platform have expressed feelings of boredom, frustration, and even torment. It is no secret that the platform is inclined toward rote learning and repetition, rather than any form of creativity or exploration. Going through the diagnostic exam alone is quite a tortuous process, as it involves answering questions that are designed to make the user feel like they are perpetually failing. The consensus is that IReady only aims to burn through your valuable time by making you revisit basic concepts that are not beneficial to your academic growth. While the website may have some entertaining games, this comes at a price, as you need coins to access these features, and you can only obtain coins by going through the tedious lessons. The general feeling is that IReady is not a website that should be recommended by teachers as they may not understand its shortcomings fully. Some even believe that the organization is exploiting users for their financial gain, which is quite damning. In conclusion, Curriculum Associates is a website that has faced much criticism lately. Its learning platform, IReady, is viewed mostly negatively by users who have found it to be monotonous, unstimulating and counterproductive. Hopefully, the issues surrounding the website can be addressed quickly to improve the situation for its users.

M
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Curriculum Associates The Negative Impact of i-Ready on Student Performance and Morale

As a student who has had to use Curriculum Associates' program, i-Ready, for some time now, I must say that it has been a difficult and challenging experience. Although the program is designed to help me improve my academic performance, I find that it takes up too much of my time, leaving me with little time for other activities.

My teachers require me to complete 45-60 minutes of i-Ready lessons every day, which can be both tedious and overwhelming. The animations used in the program are poorly done and the characters are dull and uninteresting. Additionally, the coins earned for completing lessons do not have much value, as one can easily locate the games on other websites for free.

During the tests, the games only serve to slow me down, and the tools provided (like rulers and compasses) are irrelevant because no one uses them. Furthermore, I already have the knowledge to use these tools, so the continuous prompts and demonstrations are unnecessary.

i-Ready is affecting my grades and my performance in school. It discourages me from doing other activities because of the amount of time it requires. Its negative impact has even extended to my family, as my parents are not happy with my academic performance and are punishing me for not completing lessons.

I am mentally exhausted from this experience, and I find it challenging to deal with. i-Ready is ruining my life, and it's becoming more and more difficult to handle as time goes on. Consequently, I find myself dreading the program and wishing there was a way around it.

i-Ready is not helpful to me as a student; it only serves to waste time, ruin grades and reduce my morale. I would not recommend this program to anyone, and I wish my school would consider other, more effective learning tools.

M
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Curriculum Associates Unsatisfactory Experience with i-Ready: A Troubling Learning Platform From Curriculum Associates

I recently came across the website of Curriculum Associates, and my experience with their product i-Ready has been less than satisfactory. Firstly, the system seems to have a glitch where it shows less time spent on the platform than actually done, leading me to question the legitimacy of their reports. Secondly, some positive reviews of i-Ready seem fake as they try to discredit other learning platforms. The explanations provided on the platform also seem insufficient.

Furthermore, there are more concerning issues with the platform. It appears that the company tries to manipulate users into using their product and appears to bully schools into adding their app. It seems like a money-grabbing scheme that takes away valuable resources from schools without any real educational benefit. Upon research, it appears that there are countless negative reviews of the platform, and it could potentially cause harm to mental health.

Additionally, the system seems to drain student's energy and is a waste of time, money and resources. The company appears to be more concerned about promoting their animations and doing self-promotion than providing quality education. It is disappointing how the company ignores negative feedback from users and tries to silence critical reviews.

In conclusion, I would not recommend the i-Ready platform from Curriculum Associates. It seems like a problematic and questionable program that has received numerous complaints over the years. In my opinion, other educational platforms are more efficient and offer better educational value.

A
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Curriculum Associates Review: Curriculum Associates - Pros and Cons of Online Learning Materials

Curriculum Associates is a website that offers educational materials for students. While some individuals may have had negative experiences with the site, it is important to note that everyone's experience may vary. It is also crucial to maintain a level of professionalism and respect in any critique or review.

That being said, some reviewers have expressed frustration with the site's interactive lessons. Some may feel that they are too long, or that the characters are distracting rather than helpful. Additionally, the site's diagnostic process may start at a low level, which some students may find frustrating.

While it is understandable that some individuals may feel frustrated with educational materials, it is important to keep in mind that these resources are intended to help students learn and succeed. It may be helpful to communicate any concerns directly to the Curriculum Associates team, as they may be able to provide support or offer suggestions to improve the experience. Overall, it is important to approach critiques and reviews in a constructive and respectful manner.

Curriculum Associates Customer Reviews Overview

Curriculum Associates is a leading provider of educational solutions for K-12 students. The company's instructional and assessment materials are widely used by schools across the country. The reviews of Curriculum Associates have been overwhelmingly positive, with many educators praising the company's commitment to helping students succeed.

One of the strongest points of Curriculum Associates is their personalized learning programs. Teachers can use the company's adaptive assessments to identify areas where students need the most help, and then access targeted resources to help students improve their skills. This approach has been highly effective in helping students close learning gaps and make progress.

Another major advantage of Curriculum Associates is its user-friendly platform, which simplifies the management of student data and provides educators with insights into student progress. Many educators appreciate the flexibility of the platform, which allows them to adapt lessons and materials to meet the unique needs of their students.

Finally, Curriculum Associates is known for its outstanding customer support. Educators report that the company is always responsive to their questions and concerns, and provides a high level of support for their products. This commitment to customer satisfaction has made Curriculum Associates a trusted partner for many schools and districts across the country.

In summary, Curriculum Associates is a highly regarded educational solutions provider with a strong track record of success. The company's personalized learning programs, user-friendly platform, and outstanding customer support have earned it a reputation as a top choice for K-12 educators.

Curriculum Associates contacts