CompUSAbait and switch

J

I went to comp usa today sunday 2/15/09 approx 11 am to buy a sceptre 32 ' ' lcd hdtv #s197-3214 for $399.99. (remember the ad starts today) when I went in to the store I was told by the salesman that they were sold out. The salesman said I could order the tv and would have it in 3 to 5 days. I asked about the cost of the freight and was told by the salesman that would be covered by compusa. Now that I have taken the (bait) I take the the order sheet that the salesman has filled out to the register to check out. I was told that I have to pay the freight an extra $30.00 (switch). What a ripoff. Do not shop at compusa. That smell when you walk in the store is the stink of their customer servise. This makes a long story short. From the store manager who wont come out of his office to the asst. Manager how cant find his own butt with both hands. Compusa is one big joke.
What a bunch of clowns.

Will not be back
[protected]@aol.com

• Ca
    carolina paris Feb 15, 2009

our compusa in blount, tn does onsite computer repairs.my husbands uncle took my laptop that would not power up in to them for an estimante for me about 6 months ago and was told that it was the motherboard and that it would cost about $300 to fix. as it was time for a newer computer anyway i told him not to leave it. i bought a dell for about $1100 and decided to give the old one to a small buisseness in my area that repairs and sells used computers. after 3 days the guy that runs the place called me and told me that all that was wrong with the laptop was a short in the power switch and that the repair cost about $15 and he didn't feel right about keeping the computer. i went in and got it and donated it to my sons school. in all the repair cost me $25. $15 for the part and $10 for labor and now my sons class uses it daily without problem. I believe compusa tried to scam us and i will never trust them again.

• Sc
    scoobyprincess Mar 02, 2009

Actually I work for CompUSA in the Orlando Area, whoever told you that the shipping on the tv was an extra $30 was very very wrong! I am very sorry you had to go through this.
    The correct thing they should have told you is that If it is over 20lbs it would be $1.99 shipping.