YourMailingListProvider.com / Bad service

1 Belgium Review updated:

This company is a rip off. I submitted a newsletter to them for publishing and paid for the service. When I clicked 'send' a message returned stating that it will be reviewed by staff member. It remained in waiting status for 3 days and then I tried contacting them first via their form and then by email. I waited a week and got no reply. I tried calling them by phone and got an automated message. A week went by without any replies from them and so I sent a message requesting refund and the next day my account was suspended claiming that I violated their policy and have not refunded me.

Their policy says that my account will be terminated if violated yet it still is active, just cannot send mails. I sent them details on how my list was legitimately acquired yet they never responded or re-activated my account. In March of this year ('08) I referred them to a friend who paid them $60 and his message was never sent and he never got replies nor refund.

I had used their service before and it seemed ok without the above troubles but was somewhat disappointed with the results. I sent a newsletter to 600 people and about 70% returned as 'bounce' even though I knew for a fact that they were active email accounts as I seeded the list with 2 of my own and also knew most of the people I was sending to. Then the 30 that 'succeded' mostly went to junk which did not happen before when I used my local mailing program or now that I use ConstantContact.com. I figured it was a little glitch in their system and it would be ok the next time so I used it again because it is cheaper than others - which now confirms that if 'it's too good to be true it usually is'.

Many weeks have gone by and I still have not been refunded, replied or my newsletter sent. So unless you live in their city in Belgium where you can go knock on their door, Do Not Use yourmailinglistprovider.com. THEY ARE A RIP OFF SERVICE!!

Va

Comments

• Ra
      21st of Jan, 2009

I agree!! This is scam! I am also a victim of apparent scam website in Belgium. I have registered account at this website http://www.yourmailinglistprovider.com/. They have charged me $100 for a period of two months for mailing service they did not provide. On the website they offer email services... I have tried to use their service but they simply do not provide it.

I have tried to contact them over the email several times as well as over the phone, apparently it seems like a scam as nobody replies. Eventually thay just simple closed my account without any email.

What are the steps I can take to recover the money they have charged me? Also I think other people should be warned about this scam.

What government run offices in Belgium can I contact regarding this scam? Thanks,

rafal

• Pa
      11th of Feb, 2009

Both the original post and the comment are false allegations from people who have unsuccessfully tried to abuse YMLP’s software service to send spam and have had their account terminated for Anti-Spam Policy violation:

Original Post:
    Emuzement Inc
    4337 West Kennedy Blvd
    Tampa, FL 33609

Tried to send the following message, spamvertizing http://www.masshost.net, to close to 20, 000 Hotmail email addresses:
    Subject Line: Beat The Recession - Free Shopping Cart Website and High Income
    Message: http://www.ymlp.com/misc/masshost_net_spam_200808.html

Comment:
    Rafal Furdzik
    48 BayRidge Ave. Apt 3A
    Brooklyn, NY 11220
    (address verified by PayPal)

Tried to send the following message, spamvertizing http://www.zikbay.com, to almost 20, 000 email addresses and had already uploaded 250, 000 more email addresses to their account.

Subject Line: RE: Zikbay.com
    Message: http://www.ymlp.com/misc/zikbay_com_spam_200901.html

Patrick Van Acker, CEO & Founder
    YourMailingListProvider.com

• Rf
      11th of Jun, 2009

We never tried to send message "Message: http://www.ymlp.com/misc/masshost_net_spam_200808.html "

It is not even our company! We have nothing to do with Masshost.net

We have uploaded to YMLP all our legally collected email addresses to offer Zikbay.com service. All the emails were collected in legal way and all the people subscribed to receive those emails from us. We have proof of that.

YMLP is replying with lies. All our statement are true:

“We have tried to contact them over the email several times as well as over the phone, apparently it seems like a scam as nobody replies. Eventually they just simple closed my account without any email. “

They have closed the account, charged us and never returned any emails or calls.

Again our emails were not intended to be spam, but those are legally obtained email addresses for our marketing campaign. YMLP did not even ask us for proof of that, they simple made the decission and did not respond to the emails and calls! Did not send any explanation as well.

Based on what facts do they acuse customers of spam?? Their service is a big scam as they do not deliver what they promise.

I would like to also ask the webmaster of this site to remove our personal information as apparently YMLP does not care about their customers privacy as you can see above, by publishing our sensitive personal data and address to general public…

RAfal Furdzik
    CEO of Zikbay.com

• Br
      4th of Sep, 2009

I recently had a similar TERRIBLE experience with YMLP.

YMLP simply gave my account to a hacker who called them and claimed to be the account holder. They have ZERO security. If you don't care about your credit card information or contacts, then by all means go ahead and use YMLP.

Also, when I contacted customer service about my situation, they ignored me just like you, Rafal. I have 3 years worth of credit card statements that show I am the one and only account holder, but they could care less. BUYER BEWARE!

• Ym
      18th of Sep, 2009

The anonymous comment from "Brian247" is a false accusation from a disgruntled former member (name and address on file) of a band using YMLP for their e-mailing list, who managed their YMLP account on behalf of the band.

Contrary to what he claims, we did not give out the account password to someone simply claiming to be the account owner - we obviously never do. We did not intervene in this situation at all, and believe we did the right thing.

Apparently former member "Brian" refused to hand over the account credentials of the YMLP mailing account used for the band, but the other members of the band were able to retrieve the password using YMLP's Retrieve Password feature (that sends the password to the contact email we have on file) because the contact email on file was still a mailbox on the domainname of the band.

After they had changed the contact email address to a Gmail address that is currently listed as the email address for the band on their homepage and updated the billing info, "Brian" contacted us claiming his account had been hacked into and that he therefore required a new password. When we didn't give him what he asked for, he threatened to "share the information regarding our lax security"...

Patrick Van Acker
    CEO & Founder, YMLP.com

• Fr
      3rd of Apr, 2017

@YMLP.com - Patrick Van Acker Im a current member with your company, Patrick, and Im here because of a similar complaint. My newsletter was never an issue or my mailing list but what you did do was rip me off for half of my money! I signed up on the 1st week of March ( last month) I paid $45 for 2 months of service. Its only been a few weeks but when I went in to send ONLY my 2nd newsletter in 3 1/2 weeks my credits were ALL GONE! I emailed you 4 times before a Barbara got around to a rude and very vague reply that made NO sense at all and did not help me. Clearly she knew she was giving me the run around and you guys just dont care! I had an account with you before with no issues. I let it lapse for a while, 6 months / a year or so, then signed back up and thats when the trouble started. I have a very legit clothing business and was with you guys for quite a few years before you changed. I sent 5 or 6 emails over the past 3 days but I get NO help at all so Im forced to leave these bad reviews and go somewhere else. Im also going to report you to paypal for fraud if you dont give me my credits or money back.

14th of Dec, 2009

I have nothing but praise for the way YMLP conducts its business. They have a fantastic, reliable service. The paid-for versions are amazing value for money.

They answer email queries very quickly, though aren't so good about phone enquiries. However, the system is so easy to use that I've only ever needed help twice in two years.

Ignore the spat above - they are very good indeed.

John Bendix, UK

• Th
      24th of Jan, 2010

Well, it's quite simple really. Judging from what comes into my inbox, they facilitate mass spammers. So why would they care about a few small suckers? It used to be your money; now it's theirs. "Thanks, don't bother us, bye bye."

M Taylor, UK.

• Cl
      19th of May, 2010

I've had great success using your mailing list provider. I use their service for several of my clients. Our lists are only generated through the individual websites as voluntary double-opt-in subscriptions, we never buy email lists or import addresses from sources other than the people who sign-up, so we're always within terms of use guidelines. Their bounce-back handling seems to work fine, though its hard to measure that. I do have several email addresses of my own on the lists and I ALWAYS get the emails and they have NEVER been marked as spam. I had to export certain postal mailing addresses from a list with 22, 000 subscribers. The filters in the ymlp export area seemed very rudimentary to me until I started to get into the exporting of entries based on a variety of criteria. I had to think it out and get creative with the filters, even to the point of filtering, exporting, re-importing into a separate list and then applying another filter on the subscriptions to get the combination that I needed. I realize that all that would have been easier accomplished by downloading the list and manipulating it in your favorite database software, but I didn't have the proper DB software and the point is that ymlp did handle it, with a little extra work.

• Po
      3rd of Apr, 2017

@clark2712 You sound like a fake person! I bet you are Patrick in disguise. I have had nothing but trouble with YMLP. they take your money knowing they are not going to give you service. Or give you only a small portion of what you paid for. STAY AWAY!!!

• Wh
      28th of Sep, 2010

On the day I was going to cancel my account they charged me $60 for a future renewal when I did not want it and they charged me days before the renewal started. I have contacted them via filling out 3 tickets as well as emailing support@ymlp.com with no returned email. I find it strange that an email company can't email me back! The charge is still on my card and now I can't even log in to my account because they did something to it. All I want is a response and a refund. I have been a ymlp customer for over 3 years and am frustrated with how I am being treated.

• Ym
      3rd of Mar, 2011

Offering free emailing/spamming services is a stupid business model.
    For thoses who kill spam at the IP level, hrer are the YMLP cidr:
    78.41.65.0/27 85.158.212.8/29 85.158.212.16/29 85.158.212.24/29 87.237.8.192/26 87.237.13.64/27 174.34.187.0/24

Enjoy these.

• Ba
      13th of Apr, 2011

I was inactive for 9 months and my subscription lapsed, i tried to get back in as I want to get my contact list off in order to use a better value mailing list provider for my business in the states and could not log in without resubscribing to export my contact list. I have emailed them with no response and I cannot get any contact details for them as you have to subscribe to see it. I do not want to subscribe again. I want to use another service provider in the USA where I am now based.
    I had no problems with them until this. That email list is mine and I do not see why I have to subscribe to another 6 months to access it. Particularly when other providers offer services at my volume for no charge and with no time limit.

Disgraceful customer service for an email company. I hope you read this and respond to my email, better still let me get my contacts! Anna@overandabovedesign.com

• Ih
      15th of Aug, 2011

All spam email is coming from YMLP...I hate this company who is become spam agent...
    They hide the real YMLP address, the code they put like this: http://t.ymlp106.com/ueaxausquakamubavayxyz/click.php
    if you cut and go with this partial address http://t.ymlp106.com/...then you will come to YMLP
    This company is stupid by offering free spam provider...we should ban them..

• Je
      20th of Aug, 2011

I've been developing websites for 14 years and used YMLP for 5 years and have found them efficient, helpful and effective. I really don't recognize the criticisms made by some of the people above.
    Jeremy Clulow, Webs Wonder Design
    www.webswonder.co.uk

• Ih
      20th of Aug, 2011

Hi Jeremy Clulow, When I click www.webswonder.co.uk, the message will come "This page is used to test the proper operation of the Apache HTTP server after it has been installed. If you can read this page, it means that the web server installed at this site is working properly, but has not yet been configured."
    I do not believe that you already developing your website for 14 years...just typical spammer...

20th of Dec, 2011

I have been using YMLP for several years and until recently was reasonably satisfied, with a few hiccups at times but nothing major . But the last e-mail I sent out had terrible trouble with the viewing for many recipients of it - as if there had been no word wrap - . The support people said they couldn't see any problem (despite the fact I emailed them screen shots from recipients and I took the trouble to canvas many users across different platforms and browsers to see what the problem was). They then told me they couldn't help with html or CSS etc. Fair enough. But they were not interested at all in testing to see WHY this happened and whether it would happen again - and to anyone else! So watch out please ... you may find the same problem and won't get any help to troubleshoot.
    I am terminating my account because of this uncertainty and the extremely poor support, although I realise I have paid up until next December and also realise I will be unlikely to get any refund whatsoever. Personally, I would warn people off this company.

• St
      13th of Jan, 2012

As a provider they are reasonable, their customer service is pretty poor though. I purchased additional credits on my personal credit card and then they billed that same card for the next quarter of service, rather than billing the company credit card they had been using. I didn't know they just automatically update your billing account any time you use a different one. I contacted them several times about refunding my card and billing the other one and they have not got back to me. The company can get a tax credit for this, but I can't. The fact they don't even respond is the worst thing. Very disappointed.

• Pa
      18th of Jan, 2012

@SteveWW
    Are you Dave Seidl, david.seidl@webworkscorp.com, ymlp.com username wgq0?
    We replied to you that we can reverse the $60 transaction minus our administration cost and bill it to the new card but you never confirmed. If you still want the transaction billed to a new card, you can email patrick@ymlp.com

• Jh
      10th of Nov, 2012

I got numerous spammers sending through Your Mailing List Provider YMLP.com; they RENT OUT my email to everyone passing by it seems. There is no way to report ABUSE! They have no US presence; they have no phones; ONLY A MAILBOX RENTAL!!!

I contacted them and the SPAM NEVER STOPS; they are really so shoddy and simply a FRAUD. Keep away from this underground operation, they scam you and provide no service that is respectable.

I wonder how come all these people speak positive of them while they have no abuse-preventive measures whatsoever!!!

• Cd
      8th of Dec, 2012

I used YMLP for ONE month, but of course paid for a 3-month subscription since they don't have a 1-month option. I paid $30 + $10 for additional email credits.
    I wasn't satisfied with the functionality and didn't use it after the first month (thought I had only wasted $20 for the 2 months I didn't use... no big deal). What I didn't realize is the YMLP continued charging me EVERY 3 months. Granted, I don't check my statements with a fine-tooth comb, but as soon as I spotted the charge, I asked them to refund my unused charges. They obviously didn't

PLEASE DON'T USE YMLP >>> There are plenty of better, cheaper options that have a great product, software updates and customer support.

iContact, MailChimp, Vertical Response are just a few options.

SO angry for wasting my money on these guys.

• Ed
      18th of Jun, 2013

They are a rip off, they will keep on charging and charging and charging your card without using there services. Keep well away from these legal scam artists