www.InsiderPages.com / fake reviews

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I was looking for reviews on dentists. I thought I would try insiderpages.com. I found a dentist close to me that seemed too good to be true, the office had twenty reviews all of five stars. Not a single one was four stars, or three, etc. So that stuck out as odd, but not impossible. But then I did some digging, reading the reviews they all seemed too perfect. Not only was the dentist awesome, but also the front desk guy Ben. Also the writing style of the reviews seems suspicious, no misspellings, no grammar errors, and similar styles. And to top it off, 100% of the reviews were rated as 100% helpful by any where from a few people to twenty people. 100% of the reviews were helpful, that also seems very odd.

So more digging and I find that out of the twenty reviewers, not one, not a single person had posted a review for anything else. That is very odd for a social site.

So next I did a test, I rated reviews as not helpful to me, as they truly weren't. It showed that some reviews were not 100% helpful any more, good sign. I checked later and it still showed that some weren't helpful. But the next day all the reviews were back to 100% helpful again. So they censored my reviews of the reviews.

I also posted a review that was not positive, and it showed fine for one day, but by the next day it was gone.

So good reviews stay, but negative ones don't. What a scam. You have been warned, (assuming that this site doesn't' also remove this negative review.)

Comments

• Cw
      20th of Mar, 2009

Insiderpages.com is a scam. The are just a pay-per-click site that really doesn't care what gets posted.

• Ye
      8th of May, 2010

Not only that, but they are deleting real negative reviews while keeping fake positive reviews so that they can "keep things positive"
    Check out this article about it:

• Sw
      17th of Aug, 2010

I've submitted over 50 reviews on insiderpages, and have gotten a pretty good idea of what it's like. I must say that it has it's ups and downs. I have had over 10 reviews deleted on the site over the past year. What I have gathered is that they are ultimately pretty fair, but you have to be careful how you post reviews. They clearly do NOT want to be like Yelp!, but definitely want more professional reviews. If your review is short, has cuss words in it, uses any racial words in it, poor grammar, caps, etc., it will probably get deleted sooner or later.

Fortunately and unfortunately, Yelp! seems to have the online review market cornered. Yelp! have clearly worked hard to create an environment where people feel at ease to simply speak their minds. Insiderpages doesn't want that, but rather they go for more of an oldschool professional review look.

I have to say that Insiderpages is about 10 years behind, and needs to work on their interface greatly. I wouldn't say that they need to go to the extremes that Yelp! goes to (I don't like Yelp! personally, as I feel they make it too easy to write spicy, colorful, mean-spirited reviews). But there is no messaging system between members, and there is no way to delete reviews as far as I have seen. There is only an option to delete your account.

I don't agree with what the masses want, but I must say that sites like Yelp! have done their homework, and know what the generation Y'ers and Z'ers are like, and what they want. It appears that a lot of businesses support yelp as well. If Insiderpages keeps up what they are doing, they probably won't even be online anymore in 10 years. They'll just kind of fade away, kind of like that old looksmart search engine.

• Pa
      6th of Nov, 2010

Insiderpages allows tons of fake reviews. I noticed one negative review for a painting company (sadly after we had a problem). I mentioned it to the owner of the company (said that I wish I had checked his review online since it was not good.) What do you know? This guy who told me they had very few customers and weren't busy at all suddenly had THREE excellent reviews within 24 hours. Two reviews were written very early in the morning within 15 minutes of each other. Also all reviews mentioned the formal name of the company which was very long and also included email and phone numbers.
    Names of all of the employees were on there and that the owner is so careful to supervise that everything is perfect. I guess the original post was also changed to say these posts have to be fake but the company allows them to stay.

In ths case the three glowing reviews that appeared immediately after the owner found out about one negative review were also written by "customers" who have no other posts or reviews. Insider pages is never going to have the weight of Angie's List or even Yelp if they do not do a better job of weeding out the owners of these businesses and their fake reviews.

• Sp
      29th of Nov, 2010

I totally agree I have personally experienced how they do business. I left a negative review for a auto repair shop in New Jersey that ripped me off, the shop had two negative reviews and one positive. I just checked today to find out that my review and the other negative one was deleted. It is a shame.

• Go
      16th of Dec, 2010

i would personally would not leave any bad reviews about any business because these businesses have employees to feed, plus the owners have families to feed. I would not want to be responsible ruining someones life. I would judt move on to another business.

21st of Apr, 2011

I do like to check reviews and have noticed that Insider Pages only has 5 star reviews that are very generic and the amount of ratings the person who posts on has maybe as high as 15, 000. Those are obviously fake reviews. I prefer Yelp and have found them useful. I realize the only ones will be bad ones because people post when they are unhappy about something. Maybe it's time to take people into small claims court for lousy jobs.

• Ka
      30th of Aug, 2012

Yes, so true, Insiderpages is allowing this to happen or they have no control over it when companies with business profile have negative reviews, they hire reverse SEO companies to have a 5 star writing campaign to push down the negatives. All you have to do is read the history of the user names and see the other companies they are writing for, doing the same thing, pushing their negatives down. What scam but really its the businesses that are hiding the problems pretending nobody will see it. A example of a property management company in San Luis Obispo called "Farrell Smyth", I saw what they did on Google, Judysbook, Insiderpages, CitySearch and etc, then I read the user names and came across this and notice the whole site of Insiderpages is full of lying reviews. This is a huge problem. I suggest posting a complaint on [redacted] and Scam about they business you notice or want to write a complaint about, so it will be on the top of Google so people will notice the crooked business is doing. But also there should be more [redacted] files and scam files made, so InsiderPages, Google Places listings and etc places where reviews can be left.