World Gym / Membership

United States, Arkansas, Fayetteville
World Gym
I spoke to a World Gym rep at a local health fair. I wanted a membership where I paid month by month, in cash. I had previously been scammed by another gym that assured me I could have month by month service, so I should have been more wary. The rep assured me that they would let me pay when I went in to work out, so I signed a one year contract. I travel a lot and was unable to make it in the first couple months. Then my debit card was re-newed and the security number and expiration date on it changed. all of a sudden I get a letter from their billing agency, telling me that I am past due on my membership fees. I called the gym and spoke to one of the workers there about all this, explaining that I signed up to pay month to month. He then told me that they did not allow month to month cash payments. I told him I no longer wanted to be amember of this gym and to remove me from membership. He assured me that he would take care of it. The following month I got another bill from them. He never removed me from membership. I'm sick of this kind of "business". It's a scam, it's unfair and should be illegal.
I'm calling my state Senator and the States Attorney about it as soon as I finish here. They need to know that their citizenry is being treated to these kinds of slick business tactics.