Westinghouse / dwm48f1y1
I purchased a Westinghouse 48" television in May, 2015. 9 months later, the "set-up" wizard screen repeatedly pops up in the middle of viewing, making it impossible to watch even a 30 minute program without repeated interruption. Westinghouse has informed me that the product is defective and acknowledges that the television is under warranty. The expectation should be that Westinghouse will fix or replace my television.
Unfortunately, I received an e-mail from Westinghouse March 3, 2016 stating that in order for them to honor their warranty commitment to me, I must, at my own expense, package and ship this 48" television back to them. This is of course completely ludicrous. Obviously, living in a 1-bedroom apt with limited storage space, I have not kept the packaging from this product for 9 months! It is completely unreasonable to expect me to somehow package and then pay to have their defective product shipped back to them before they will honor their warranty responsibilities!
The notion that a major company like Westinghouse is unable to work with any local businesses to fix or replace their lousy merchandise is ludicrous! This is nothing more than a sleazy attempt by this company to weasel out of its warranty responsibilities!
I want Westinghouse to work with a business local to me to repair my television or remove the defective unit from my home and replace it or refund to me the full purchase price including tax.
More Westinghouse Complaints & Reviews
- Westinghouse LCD TV - non existent support and warranty service 
- Westinghouse LCD TV SK-19H210S - product quality 
- White Westinghouse - terrible quality product! 
- Westinghouse Digital - lcd t.v. 
- White Westinghouse Steam Iron Station - fault is in the electrical wiring 
- Westinghouse SK-42H240S - tv quit working, 6 months after warranty period.
- Westinghouse - kitchen splash shield upc 56677 87767 number 6100076
- Westinghouse LCD TV - customer support repair
- Westinghouse - terrible customer service
- Westinghouse TV - red on the right side of tv