Westgate Resorts / fraud and cheating
Through an owner referral, i rented a weekend at Westgate Resorts Orlando. However, I changed my mind after receiving a better deal through the Armed Forces Vacation Club. I called Westgate to cancel. They told me I had 14 days to cancel from the date I paid for the vacation to get a refund. It had been about 8 weeks. I never received any notices on the phone, in the mail or email stating that I had 14 days to cancel my rental. All I received was an itinerary via the email that stated if I canceled my stay within 14 days of my arrival I would have to forfeit 25 dollars. I tried to file a dispute with my credit card company. Westgate Resorts lied to my credit card company and they decided that I did owe the money. I am very disappointed in their sleazy sales tactics and will pursue this out of principal. I filed a complaint with the Central Florida BBB but have yet to hear from them. I strongly suggest a class action lawsuit against them, they are corrupt and I will advise everybody I know within the military community to stay away from these people.
More Westgate Resorts Complaints & Reviews
- Westgate Resorts - class action 
- Westgate Resorts - Vacation Package - westgate resorts is duplicitous 
- Westgate Resorts Fraud - fraud sales practices and no fraud dept 
- Westgate Resorts - refund policy 
- Westgate Resorts - tricks up their sleeves! 
- Westgate Resorts - timeshare
- Westgate Resorts - time share purchase and cancelation
- Westgate Resorts Branson Woods - being placed in a substandard unit, twice, which caused physical and emotional distress.
- Westgate Resorts - my room, housekeeping, bathtub
- Westgate Resorts - timeshare contract/agreement representation