Wells Fargo Auto Finance / payment for car refused!

Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:
2.5
I, Vicki McKenna, am 2 months behind on my 2004 Beetle VW payment. I have struggled financially since moving from Atlanta to Sevierville, TN. I called customer service on 3/4/08 and told them I would be making the payments on March 14, 2008 and March 31, 2008. That was fine with them. Today, I get a phone call from Wells Fargo Auto Finance in Atlanta, Georgia from Vince Gramm who is the Collection person. I told him I would be mailing a cashiers check on the 14th and 31st. He said no they could not accept that and he needed my checking account number to deduct it on those days. He said if I didn't do it by automatic deduction I would be refusing to pay. I WAS NOT REFUSING TO PAY!!! Then he asked me where my car was like they were on the way to get it. He was a complete jerk and very, very unprofessional... so, after all of his intimidation and having me in tears, I gave him my account number. I have called the Better Business Bureau here in Tennessee and then contacted Wells Fargo in Phoenix, AZ and spoke to Cameron. He was very nice and took the two payments off of automatic deduction and now I will make the cashiers checks as I first stated.

I think Mr. Vince Gramm needs to be addressed in how he deals with customers. In fact, I think he needs to be fired. I have never not made my payments. I need my car to get to work. He was the rudest person and very overpowering.

I would like a phone call to [protected] or an e-mail explaining to me how Wells Fargo has the right to force people and intimidate them beyond anyone's imagination. It's not like I have ever had a pattern of telling them I was going to make a payment and didn't. THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED.

Comments

Ni
  4th of Apr, 2008
THIS COMPANY KEEPS CALLING EVERYDAY RELENTLESSLY.(OVER 3 MONTHS) I MUST HAVE FILED A COMPLAINT AGAINST THEM ON WWW.DONOTCALL.GOV AT LEAST 10 TIMES. THEY JUST DON'T SEEM TO CARE AND THE "DO NOT CALL" REGISTRY PEOPLE HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING.
NOTE EVERY TIME THEY CALL YOU, MAKE SURE YOU FILE A COMPLAINT AT WWW.DONOTCALL.GOV
EVENTUALLY SOMEONE IN THE GOVT. WILL TAKE CARE OF THEIR BEHAVIOR AND THEY WILL FINE THEM.
Caller ID: 480 337-3200
Caller: WELLS FARGO
Am
  27th of Apr, 2008
First of all, if it is collections and you owe money, a compay has every right to call, and your pleas on the "do not call list' will be ignored because that is for telemarketing. Also if you sign a contract to pay on a loan every month, that is what you are expected to do. It is because of slackers who bite off more than they can chew when signing a loan that the ecomony is in the situation that it is in right now.
Th
  9th of Oct, 2008
Simply put, keep your account current and you'll never have to deal with any collection officers.

Wells Fargo Logo Wells Fargo