Wellness Watchers MD / Scam charges; unauthorized cc charges

1 366 Nassau StreetUnited States

I received an e-mail "welcoming" me to my membership on Wellness Watchers MD and that I'd be charged $29+ per month for services. I never heard of this business, never signed up for anything even remotely like it; so, immediately contacted the customer support number provided and had them cancel this membership immediately. All was well until a $1.00 charge showed up on my cc statement. I called WellnessWatchers MD "customer support" (a complete misnomer) and was told that they could do nothing about the charge -- it was a charge to "verify" that I was a serious customer and not a child playing around on the internet! They said I had signed up for a 2-month free trial of their services when I was on the website of the company whose product I had actually purchesd from. Totaly false. The customer service reps were completely unhelpful. I now have to contact my cc company to get the charge removed. This whole Wellness Watchers MD appears to be only a SCAM to make money. (Wish I'd been to the Complaint Board sooner!)

Rj