Wave Tec Pools / Refusing to communicate and refund monies

Wave Tec Pools has to be the most unprofessional company I have ever seen. 8 months ago I had a salesman come by to sell me a pool. He looks at my backyard and says "no problem, I don't see any septic tank or field here". I am new to septic tank as I just moved in. So I ask him outright " if there is something in the way, what happens"? He replies, "Oh, you get a full refund". So, next a surveyor comes out and promises me the same thing that nothing is in the way, and I would get a full refund if there were.

Then a lady, Mary Ann, Who by coincidence does not work for them anymore so they say, leans on me for the next 5500 check, and has my survey in her hand. She says the same thing as the others. There is nothing in the way and I will get a full refund if there is. So, with my initial $5500 and this $5500, I am in this for 11,000. 2 months go by and they dump a ton of equipment on the side of my house.

A month later they finally come out, dig a big hole in the backyard, hit a septic pipe and say, OK, we can't put it here. We will be back in touch. A Month after that they send 2 guys who can't speak a word of English, and they proceed to paint a pool outline in my FRONT YARD. They say, "we start dig now". I said, no you don't. I proceeded to contact the office, and 10 messages later I get Mark Daniels. He comes by and confirms that the placement is ridiculous. He then says, "Ok, so you want to cancel? We will charge you 30% of the total pool!" That’s 30% of the $22000! I proceeded to tell him about everyone telling me I was getting a full refund, as nothing was done, the equipment they had on the side of my house they said did not have to be ordered as it was a cancellation from another customer, and I have a hole and punctured pipe in my backyard.

I was trying to settle this amicably, so I said, "OK, lets try to work this out". Mark Daniels says "OK, I will bring this to my CEO and try to get this worked out. A Month goes by with me leaving no less than 15 messages. Finally he calls me back and says, "Oh, we are putting a settlement together now". That was 2 months ago! I leave message after message with no response. They basically robbed me of $11,000 and have not contacted me since. They have 43 complaints with the Attorney General's office, 84 unresolved complaints with the BBB.

These people are outright crooks and need to be shut down. Now I will settle for no less than a full refund as I have to get someone to fill the hole in my backyard, fix the pipe, and replace all the grass that was ripped up from not only the hole, but the equipment that killed all of the grass on the side of my house.

Comments

• En
      11th of Dec, 2007

I have the same problem with Synergy pools who by the way seems to be the same company as wave tec. Mark O'Daniels is the constructin guy and I believe that Richard Leaf is the Chief Operating Officer. I am going to bring to sue the in small claims court but I don't know which name to use. I think I will sue Richard Leaf that way I am covered.

• We
      25th of Jun, 2017

@Enrique Flores Richard Leaf now owns Broadway Pools, another crooked pool company. I would love to know if you won your suit. I hope so. Please give an update.

• Sy
      6th of Mar, 2008

I would love in on this as would about a hundred or more other people. I think the best bet is a class action law suite. I'm looking into it and I know others are as well. This, by the way, is the third time that WaveTec has changed names. The BBB dropped them twice, once was WaveTec, once as another company.

Complaints by this company go unanswered. They contract out their work and that's how they get out of responsibility. It's not 'their fault' its the contractors they hired.

They have gone so far as to tell me that they can't find a record of my ever having purchased one of their pools. Though the green swamp in my back yard bears testiment to the fact that I do.

I would love to be in on this and would lend my support to your suite in any way I can.

Sydney Alfrido
    salfrido@gmail.com

Don't hesitate to contact me.

• Ms
      1st of Jan, 2009

I agree with everything you are saying about Wave Tec being a horrible company...although my dealings with Richard Leaf, who only worked there a short period of time, were nothing be good. He was one of the few honest people over there, although he didn't have much decision making power because the owner controlled everything.

• We
      25th of Jun, 2017

@Ms. Happy This was so obviously written by Richard Leaf's wife. He is now the owner of Broadway Pools, another crooked company. Beware of Broadway Pools or any other company opened up in the names of Robert Richard Leaf or Cynthia (Cindy) Leaf.