Wave Tec Pools / Fraud contract!

I was sold a Wave-Tech Pool (32K) + financing for $4K in a retaining wall to support the pool. I paid $2K cash down, for a total expenditure of $34K. I have since found blogs and internet postings of over 43 complaints with the Attorney General's office, 84 unresolved complaints with the BBB. When I first looked into the company, the standing with the BBB was good, unless you yahoo-search "disaster" and "law suit" and Wave Tec Pools you are unable to discover the hundreds and hundreds of people who have been destroyed from Wave Tec business practices. I don't understand why they are still allowed to be in business.

Here is my story - these are only the highlights, the rest of the "pain" and frustration over the last 4 months is too lengthily to compile.

The first contractor did the following:

A. Disregarded city approved permit specs, refused to dig in area that was permitted then Dug the pool in the wrong area, placed walls up unleveled which created an "above ground" pool. This placement was not permitted and the entire pool bracing had to be dismounted, leaving a 12' x 20' hole in the center of my yard with a mountain of dirt behind it, over 16' tall.

B. Erroneous and Unnecessary Trench: The 12ft long, 4 ft deep trench along the side of my home -- beginning at the main juncture of my sprinkler system pipes in the back yard, when only six inches was necessary. They plowed through the red flag markers that indicated where the electrical system and sprinkler system was.

I have to attend an "Architectural Board Committee Review" from my homeowners association and face fines up to $50+ monthly until this is resolved.

C. Next Contractor came, WaveTec agreed to have this new contractor extract the dirt from the yard from first dig and haul away, I agreed to the comprise to dig then deeper and put more money into a retaining wall.

D. Contractors took the dirt to be hauled away and instead, put the dirt back into the first dig, leaving now a large mound in the original hole.

E. Contractors dug the second hole, but not deep enough and very very very unleveled, but still placed pool wall bracing. contractors requested the second "check" from Superior funding, turned into WaveTech. The contractors then abandoned work and the site.

F. Contractors cannot return phone calls because they say they have a "problem" with WaveTec, compensation for work that is due to them, etc. etc. etc.. They have walked off the job and will not return.

G. WaveTec refuses all phone calls and will no longer reply to emails.

H. Superior Funding, of which i found out is owned by the same person that owns WaveTec, Curtis Batts, calls frequently for monthly payments of which I have sent, but they cannot seem to find.

I. I am writing to determine if there is a class-action law suit, to get my own attorney to pursue in full or to have some kind of intervention into this situation.

Company details:

Company in Breach of Contract: Wave Tec Pools Inc. Georgetown, TX 78626
Owner: Jason B Herring, #[protected].

Comments

Sa
  13th of Dec, 2006

I worked for Wave Tec. All I can say is buyer beware!!!! This company will rip you off. If you get anything resolved with them it will be a miracle. I worked for them for 2 months about a year ago and they still have not paid me a dime. I haven't even been reimbursed for my expenses (mileage, hotels, etc.)

Stay away from Wave Tec if its not too late!!

Ma
  15th of Mar, 2007

I have been dealing with the night mare that is Wave Tec for over 3 years. I have a never enjoyed the pool and yet I have to make payments every month or I will lose my house. I trusted the company and believed in them and I still can't believe what has happened. I am so disgusted. I will contact an attorney as soon as possible. I am tired of this. With so many complaints, they need to be sued and we need to get our money back.

If you have any advise, please email me. Thanks, Maria Garza, Houston, Texas

Ro
  10th of Apr, 2007

I smelled a rat one year ago when I contacted Wave Tec Pools. Their rep called twice to reschedule telling me once that he was tired and did not want to come out. When I spoke to them about financing they were more interested in offering me a second mortgage than in an installment plan. Since I have substantial equity in my home I did not want to tie up my house. I told them to take a hike.

Na
  12th of Apr, 2007

The first year Wave Tech put my pool in I had water damage in all 4 of my bedrooms from the landscaping that they did. When they came out of course they said it was my fault. I explained to them I had new carpet and needed to remove all the carpet from one bedroom due the the extent of the water damage.

I have called them numerous times in reference to my total amount not going down but up. I paid 26K for the pool and owe more for it now then when I bought it. I have spoken with Mr Penn numerous times and he continues to tell me he will check on it. I am wanting to refinance my house and pay them off but they keep giving me a different pay off amount. What resolution can I have to get them to repair my cracks and give me credit for the years I have paid on the pool.

Si
  2nd of May, 2007

I too had a pool installed by Wave Tec, and it was a nightmare to get done. I had to hand hold them through the whole approval process and constantly complain about their lack of responsiveness. I had to pay a couple of thousand dollars extra for a "french drain", which they claim they never knew would be required when they sold me the pool. I contracted with them in May of 2006, and my pool didn't get installed until November. Since that time it has had a leak with causes me to loose between 1" and 1.5" of water per day (in the 17'x'31' kidney shaped pool). They have failed to return my call for 2 weeks now. I'm sending them a certified letter tomorrow. I too would be interested in hearing about any lawsuits. Email me at zealousky -at- hotmail -dot- com. Good luck to us all.

Regards,
Simon

So
  17th of May, 2007

We bought Wave Tec's Infinite Pool for $20,ooo U.S. and have never seen it. They refuse to send it to us. That's 20 thousand dollars! Please let me know if there's a class action suit.

An
  24th of May, 2007

I just signed a contract with Synergy Pools on Sunday and I had until last night to cancel it. I put a little down and I want to cancel now. By the way this is the new name for Wave Tec (Synergy Pools) I was told even if I wanted to cancel after last night it would not be a problem. I called to cancel and it was a different story. Does anyone know what I can do at this point ? They said they will call me back and discuss it with me and see what they can do but doubt I can cancel and If they let me they will keep my down payment.

Tk
  31st of May, 2007

My wife and I just purchased a new home and were looking to install a pool. After all that I have read here and on other web sites, there is no way in hell I now or ever consider Wave Tec.

FYI… I know an individual who use to work for Wave Tec. According to him Wave Tec can best be described as Finance Company that just so happens to offer pools on the side.

El
  6th of Jun, 2007

Man I'm so damn pissed off. I signed my contract in October 06,its now June 07 and there is nothing to show for a pool except a big ### hole in my backyard. I'm ready to see who is going to head this up? The longer we wait the longer we have no pools. Contact me at conwaye3@hotmail.com. ASAP!

Sh
  9th of Jun, 2007

Any news on a class action against Wave-tec? We are in Oklahoma and all the complaints we have read about are also our nightmares. This Co. is pretty sly... I guess I should have read all the fine print - I didn't realize that our home would carry a lien for this company. The things that we were promised didn't happen and by the time financing was arranged - it was too late to cancel. Our contractors were different each day that they DID show up and I know of 2 that were drinking on the job. They are a very sticky company - get you hooked then stick you with problems and promises.

I also have pictures where the side of the pool caved in and the metal cross bars were bent. This was because the cement truck got too close to the pool and the earth caved in... They never replaced the metal but bent them back into "shape". The pool is still crooked on one side - but so far is holding... fingers crossed!

We were also told that this would be near maintenance free! HA My husband is disabled and cannot keep up the "pool maintenance". We were told there would be no problem - He wouldn't have to do any of the maintenance that other pools require. We can't find a pool cartridge and when we finally found one we had to order it and that thing is expensive... (Who is getting a kick back on this deal?). Like, dumb a$$s, we believed them. Guess we had "sucker" written all over our faces!

Anyway... We would like to join your class action if it isn't too late. I only wish I had done my research earlier and found out the truth about this company.

Screwed Sooners in Oklahoma
Sherry and Bill

Bo
  11th of Jun, 2007

We have had a wave tech pool for 5 years now and it has been nothing but trouble.

Problems to numerous to list. Now the liner has shrunk and tore away from the pool sides. We didn't know there were others out there. I am willing to contact an attorney if everyone would be willing.

A
  11th of Jun, 2007

Wave Tec has a new name with the same workers. It's Synergy Pools.

The Wave Tec phone numbers are no being answered, but the Synergy Pools number is certainly equipped with a secretary. The number is 1-888-867-9462. None of the Wave Tec employees answer the phone, but you can try leaving a message through that number. They'll ask you if you're a Wave Tec customer; just say "no". Otherwise your message will go into the garbage. If anything, say "I'm a New Synergy customer, wanting to speak to... so and so..." I recommend we all confront them, and bombard them with phone calls to their "new" number and "new" name. I've never been so disgusted with a company in my life. I hope they all rot in hell.

Je
  13th of Jun, 2007

We had our Wave Tec pool installed in June 2005. My wife and I knew we were in trouble when we changed our minds four days after we signed the contract and we were contacted by a very unprofessional person demanding $10.000 or Wave Tec would go after our house. What could we do? We sure didn't have $10,000 laying around and we didn't want to lose our first house. We relented and, believe it or not, our pool was installed in a timely manner.

Here is where it really takes a dive. First of all, the pool was TOTALLY misrepresented. Maintenance free my ###! I was promised the pump was so efficient that my bill would only go up by $60.00 a month if I ran it 8 hours a day. Fact, my bill went up about $150.00 a month. I was told pool chemical usage would be minimal. Now I'm not sure what their idea of minimal is but I spend a lot of money and time maintenancing this pool with various chemicals. I was told the warranties were the strongest in the industry. That was a total joke when I had to pursue getting my liner replaced because they installed it wrong.

To date, I've had to repair cracks in the deck of the pool that spanned the entire width of the deck up to a quarter inch wide. I've had to replace, AT MY EXPENSE, the nature 2 system because of severe leakage. My entire pool is not level. The deep end of the pool on one side has sunk down several inches. Because of the sinking on the one side of the deep end, the coping on the same side now has quarter to half inch spacing between them. The floor of my deep end has cracked across the entire width of the pool. All of our calls to get any situation resolved is not returned. This company has an obvious problem with customer service. The lighting system has been installed wrong because they didn't use conduit from the switch to the light niche. I'll have to dig up my yard now to replace a burned out lamp. There is also either concrete or clay that was left on the metal walls but they placed the liner over it. I'm sure my liner will fail now long before the 10 year predicted lifespan of the liner.

Like I said, I'm lucky. They installed my pool quickly. Now I'm paying the price for the quickness it appears. It appears a bunch of monkies installed my pool. If you look down the length of my pool from the shallow end you'd see that the sides of my pool are not straight. It looks like a profile of the damn Rocky Mountain Mountain Range. I'm fed up with Wave Tec and I've totally lost all faith in the Texas Government that allows this leach of a company to victimize it's residents. As for the BBB. They're a joke. I'll never use them again to research a company.

Our solution? Well, we're now taking a risk. Since we can't get Wave Tec to step up to bat and back their crappy pool installation and since they will not return our calls, we are now withholding payments. I know the risk but I refuse to make payments on this ### if I can't get any satisfaction. Let them take me to court to take my house. I'll invite the judge over for a ###ing pool party. That should decide the case right there. If we can't get anyone to notice this company by our complaints then I'll step up bat and force this issue into a court. I'll let wave tec explain to a judge why they want to take my house over a job they never did right in the first place.

Sa
  11th of Jul, 2007

House anyone sold there house & not paid off the pool? If so what happened?

Tr
  16th of Jul, 2007

I ordered my in-ground pool in June 2006 and the installation was completed in October 2006. I have folds bends and crinkles, wrinkles in the liner, which in the long run will damage the liner. The pumps has stop working, and sets lower than the pool it self, here are some of the things that is wrong:

Used pump
Liner has a tear
Pump is setting lower than the pool
The two drains on the bottom don't work
The pump has stopped working
The liner has wrinkle and folds
There is a part missing from the pool that was never brought back
The pool is out of specifications

This defect was an installation error, which is correctable. I have contacted Wave Tec Pools, sending email and making phone calls for the past 8 months with no response. I paid $24,000 for this pool and the customer service that I have been receiving is horrible, I have talked to two Wave Tec reps, and they were of no help, Chris Batts and Mark O'Danial. This was a very bad pool install. I have sent pictures of the defective pool to Wave Tec Pools with no response. Also, the pool installer left his equipment, and never returned. He left to get a part for the pool and never returned with that part. Wave Tec Pools CEO, Jason & Kimberly Herring, do not appear to be concerned with the quality and workmanship of their very expensive product, Wave Tec Pools are distributors of FOX POOLS. I have contacted FOX POOLS Corp., and they have contacted Wave Tec. We all should get together and file a CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT.

Do
  16th of Jul, 2007

I agree with the complaints against WaveTec, and whatever else they want to call themselves. I also have a grief about the financing. The pool was completed in April 2005.

First of all, the pool itself isn't bad. There were these problems:

- PVC leaked and had to be replaced twice.
- The filter has to be special order; and isn't available locally. Had to replace entire filter assembly with a name brand that is well known.
- There are some wrinkles in the liner. Hopefully there won't be a problem.
Second of all, the financing. I am a licensed Texas mortgage loan officer. I wasn't at the time the pool was purchased and financed. I know the 2nd lien on the house, to pay for the pool, was recorded as a Texas cashout. This means the most a person can have for a 2nd lien added after the primary lien was recorded on the house, which for me was 7 months later, the most that can be finance is 80% of the appraised value of the house.

The primary mortgage and the 2nd lien (for the pool) come out to 100% of the current value of the house. If the 2nd lien was recorded as a home improvement loan my understanding is they can only allow financing for up to 80% of the value of the home.

Well, WaveTec did not perform an appraisal on the property, and they took advantage by saying the value of the home will go up corresponding with the price of the pool (and I believed them!!!). Well, the cost of the pool = $36,0000.00. The value of the house went up about $10k at the most. It was an out-and-out lie.

WaveTec should be held responsible for their sales practices as well as their financing practices. Texas has laws that they are completely ignoring. I am positive there is a lawsuit in this mis-representation on their part.

Any good attorney's out there ready for a good case?

Pa
  20th of Jul, 2007

Sarah,

If you try to sell your house you have to pay off the lien from wave tec pools first, that will be the only way to release the title to the new owners. If you're lucky you'll have enough equity in your house to cover the wave tec bill at the time of closing.

To comment on this complaint, I too was suckered into a wave tec piece of ### pool. I got the 19" x 33" Kidney pool that took about 5 months to install, I was supposed to have it early sumer of 2006, but it wasn't completed until Winter of 2006. So here they want you sign off on a pool during the winter that you cannot even swim in or use for months. By the time Spring of 07 rolled around, all electric to the pool was dead so we were unable to use the pump to clean the pool. After sending letters to Wave Tec and holding payments they finally got an electrician out to correct the electrical problem. Now the pool leaks, it goes down about 6 inches every 2 weeks. My electric bill also skyrocketed and the pump doesn't seem to be strong enough to keep up with the size of the pool. I have given up and wish I could just fill the piece of junk back up with dirt. I'm so fed up that I am not going to pay Wave Tec another penny. They don't have a claim to your house until it is paid off or until you try to sell. So until then, I'm not even going to worry about it.

Ka
  9th of Aug, 2007

Well, I too was suckered in by WaveTec. I began my painful oddesy with them in June of 2005. They began construction in August of 2005... although the customer services manager at the time told me we would be swimming in the pool before I made my first payment (which by the way was August 1, 2005)... and the pool wasn't completed. Before signing on with them, I did inquire at the BBB and there were no red flags ... so I went ahead and signed up with the deal for a 12x24 rectangular pool. MY BBB case # is 90084838 but here are the issues at hand:

1. Pool built too close to overhead wiring
2. Decking sub-standard. Rust spots, cracking, step too high and unsafe
3. Pool light not wired correctly has no GFI on the light switch box. I dont believe the timer or pump is wired properly or grounded correctly and i want them to make sure it is all installed safely (right now, I have the light disconnected so no one will get electrocuted)
4. Unsightly notch ground in pool foundation to make liner fit.
5. Pump doesn't vacuum well.
6. Automatic pool cleaner doesn't work well
7. Contractor did not pay for $800 in rental equipment to Volvo Rental. Volvo Rental began lien procedure against my homestead. I paid the $800 to keep my homestead clear.
NEW:
8. Wrinkles in the liner
9. Support walls poking in on the sides
10. My note with Superior Funding was sold to Statewide Bank. Statewide Bank just contacted me (8/3/07) stating they were beginning foreclosure proceedings for being 2 months in arrears. Superior Funding reported to Statewide that I was two months late... June and July. I have sent photocopies of all checks paid to both since 1/1/07...to Statewide and they refuse to admit I am current because of Superior's reporting. WaveTec is not addressing any of the needed corrections items 1-9 (GO FIGURE)

Sadly, my story sounds similar to everyone else's. I hear there are 43 complaints to the Texas Attorney General for this company. How does one initiate a class action suit? If there is one or a criminal fraud investigation, please feel free to contact me. I have lots of pictures and emails to WaveTec.

BEWARE! I HEAR WAVE TECH HAS CHANGED THEIR NAME TO SYNERGY POOLS. THE NUMBER IS 888-867-9462. THEY WILL ASK YOU IF YOU ARE A WAVETEC CUSTOMER. I WOULDN'T IF I WERE YOU!

Ze
  15th of Aug, 2007

Well, chalk one up for another sucker. My pool was supposed to be completed by September of 2006. The pool was completed in November after about 3 contractors bailed on the process. I made one payment to Community state bank who bought it from Superior funding. I received a letter from Community state Bank telling me that they no longer serviced the loan and to contact Superior. Well, Contacted Superior in December and they told me "not to worry, I would get documentation soon". Well, no documentation has come. I'm in the process of trying to refinance my home, and guess what, here's this Superior finance with a title lien to my home. Why is it that these complaints are not a part of mainstream Central Texas Media!!!

Br
  16th of Aug, 2007

Wave Tech are Liars and their service sucks! I bought a pool from them for 37K in June 2006. It was not installed until the End of Oct 2006. And now I’m getting letters from the county saying that the Permit is expired and that I need to renew and have the final inspection done. Wave tech told me that it was my responsibility. Well I’ve had it with Wave Tech. I was literally strong armed for the last 2K of money for the pool by 3 guys. As I was going to hold it until I was satisfied. The pool didn’t have water in and they wanted the last of the money. They think they are the Mafia... Well I’m seeking Legal Action against them. I have also contacted Fox Pools to let them know I will never recommend their products as well. From what I have been seeing I feel that there could be a good Class Action Law suit against Wave tech. Ok well that’s my 2 cents worth.