Warrior Custom Golf

15 Mason
Irvine, California
Phone: 800-682-1352
www.warriorcustomgolf.com
I received the "Best Christmas Grab Bag" postcard; an offer of an absolutely free gift, excluding shipping and handling. I tried calling the 800 number a few times and each time was given a very high pressure pitch to accept 4 hybrid clubs for testing and evaluation with a charge of $399 going on my card. After testing I could return the clubs for a refund or keep them for $299. When I politely explained I had just gotten new clubs six months ago and was only interested in finding out more about the free grab bag, the phone mysteriously went dead. I didn't think anything about it until I called back, got a different rep and surprise, the same thing all over again, no clubs, phone went dead. This happened twice more on different days and with different reps. Apparently if you don't want their clubs they don't want to give you your "free" gift. I hope they get enough complaints to quit this or go out of business.
Complaint comments Comments (42) Complaint country United States Complaint category Sports & Recreation

Comments

D  15th of Jan, 2017 by    0 Votes
I bought the FREE 4 hybrid and pitching wedge> I was told the S/H was $36 and change. which i agreed to I received my 2 clubs which haven't changed my game any. My complaint is why are they still charging me $14.95 every month for NOTHING. They took out the Shipping and handling right away and since then i have had 2 payments of $14.95 charged to m credit card. These guys are obviously crooks and i plan on going after them to get my money back.
D  12th of Jun, 2015 by    -1 Votes
I myself took up the offer fro the free 4 hybrid and they tried to sell me the whole set but I said no and they took my card information and they said 3 to 6 weeks for shipping. It took them less then 2 weeks and I got my club in the mail today and I have only been charged the shipping and the handling. Im excited to use this club and I feel if I like it I will be doing business with them agian.
N  12th of Nov, 2013 by    0 Votes
well i got the 3, 5 and 7 woods, for 69.00 S$ H, had them in about 10 days, then i odered the driver for $100 plus S & H, plus they threw in the grab bag with hat, balls, marker and tees plus a 4 wood, i also have a hybrid and lob wedge coming for $29.99. the clubs look and feel good in my hands. i just had knee replacement surgery so i am hoping o get out this saturday to try them. I must have had real good salesperson as there was never any hi-pressure tactics tried on me, and no extra charges on my card, maybe that was because i ordered on-line, when i ordered the driver he first quoted me a price of $133, buti said no then heent to $100 and i said yes, again no hi-pressure from him, very cordial. so again no complaints here
N  12th of Mar, 2013 by    0 Votes
Warrior hires Felons and we are giving them our CC and personal info... I would not purchase from them FRAUD ALERT!!
A  18th of Feb, 2013 by    +1 Votes
Richard Swihart a Felon on Federal Probation these are the ppl they trust with your CC info... Do not purchase from Warrior Golf
D  13th of Nov, 2012 by    +1 Votes
It sounds to me that most of these "ex employees" are in reality most likely to be angry customers that were unable to say "no" when offered golf equipment with free bonuses that were gonna cost them 3, 4, or 500 dollars, whichever it is.
I stumbled upon this site while looking for the phone number for Warrior (im pretty lazy and dont tend to keep business cards) and, having a few of their clubs in my bag figured id drop my 2 cents.
When I called for my free hybrid (which i payed 23 bucks in shipping for --i.m.o, very well worth it and i dont really care where that money goes to), I was definitely offered a sales pitch to try out their woods on a 45 day offer, and was told up front they were gonna charge me 399. I of course said no, and after a small explanation of my personal checkbook lacking these funds at the moment I got my free hybrid a month later. It was awesome and fit me perfectly..the salesman i talked to--despite probably trying to get his commission up, was very knowledgeable and did sent me a club perfect for my swing.
Since then I have called back and purchased a driver and 3 wood, and received a free set of wedges that I love for doing so.
Im definitely gonna be a returning customer when i get sick of my current store-bought irons and save up a little cash.. Im 6'3" so the set i bought off the shelf a couple years ago at my local store is very..well.. underperforming. Warrior sent me an email about a free putter a while ago, I hope they still have it when I am ready.
all in all, to the people turned off by some of these funny negative reports, I would say: dont try to take advantage of the company on some "free trial" bonus gift thing, because you probably will be disappointed. i know for one, if i had bought some clubs only to return them a week later and keep some free stuff..i would feel a little shady myself. be man enough to say no -- if you arent thinking about purchasing some better equipment. dont just go online and rant about your lack of a spine, and nagging wife that sees your checkbook --noticing you spent more on yourself than her last week lol...
D  24th of Aug, 2012 by    0 Votes
I recently ordered Warrior Golf clubs from an add they ran on the Golf channel and like many of you…I thought that I could not go wrong! I called the number and instantly I ordered the “free” hybrid where the tried to sell me other clubs (which I did not need) and then ultimately a driver for $133.00. They told me that it was for testing purposing only and that if I chose to keep it then I would only pay for that driver but that in the mean time, they would send me two free other clubs in return! They arrived the day before yesterday and I have used 3 out of the four clubs - except for the driver and I already know that these are quality clubs! Within two years, all of my Irons will be Warrior clubs!

Now for the down side…NONE of the clubs came with a head cover…they made them but did NOT include them! When I called them, I suggested that they SHOULD include the covers (for a marked up price) and I would have gladly paid the difference and I would have had there name prominently seen in my bag! As I stated to customer service, this would have been icing on the cake and further advertising for them but instead of ordering their $19.95 covers later, I went to eBay and ordered 3 generic $4.95 covers instead! Trust me, if the driver had been $160.00 instead $133.00 with a cover…then I would have been very satisfied for like you, I too like to advertise what works for me! Besides, my Cleveland driver cost me thee times as much and I still got it and it came with a head cover!

NOW, to the other post that I read and almost caused me to cancel my entire order…I would only suggest that there is NO CURE ALL when it comes to golf! A Club is a mere instrument and how it feels in your hands…It is NOT a master of you but a instrument to AID you within your own game and performance! THERE IS NOTHING that will make you better at your game but there are certain instruments that will make it more enjoyable and this is one of those items! Before my purchase, I had ordered a Top Flight off the shelf bag - full of Drivers, clubs Irons and putters which my step Dad said a year ago “Don’t be surprised if you replace half of your clubs.” I dismissed his statement and NOW it is a true testament! Now, only certain irons remain and my rescue or hybrids are all purchased from various thrift stores…which I paid $35.00 dollars apiece for them. The Warrior is far better in every way! Besides, it is custom fit (for your size) so beware of ordering them used!

The Driver, I have not used as of yet but I am anxious to do so and hope to within the next few weeks! I have learned to only use four clubs at a time and to master them before moving on and this is what I do every night at the dog park and occasionally at the driving range! Besides, my Lab loves running after the balls! I will tell you this that I recently purchased the Cleveland Classic (10.5) however, both feel of GREAT quality based on others that I currently have in my bag and will soon be getting rid of "those other clubs" that were purchased elsewhere. The warrior is half the cost but the quality is truly there!

Now as far as the “bait and switch” is concerned…there is NONE! They try to sell you items that you may or may not need…it is a gimmick to get you hooked! They DO NOT want to get you hooked on a single club but multiple clubs! They are reputable and they have been in business for many years! Their only hope is for your 100% satisfaction and to be a repeat customer. They are honest, up front and the deal is GREAT! I am keeping mine and hope you do as well for if so, then you found great clubs as well! I put the Irons on my two year wish list for my wife this evening!

In closing, if you are NOT on top of your game and well familiar with the drivers, Irons and putters, then please do not order ANYTHING FROM THEM…these will NOT HELP YOU! If you are, then give them a try…you have nothing to loose but so much more to gain! I absolutely LOVE them but hate the fact that they DO NOT include head club covers (with their name brand) for what a missed opportunity for advertisement! Nevertheless, I bought and ordered cheaper “no name brands” from eBay!

I hope this helps….I wish you all GREAT GOLFING!
A  25th of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes
I agree the company and employees are all in a scam.The company and all officer should be investagatedfor fraud
will tell o fthe fraud to all members at my club and others
N  1st of Jan, 2012 by    0 Votes
I have had a VERY similar experience with Warrior Golf that rrr99 described. I also got sucked in with Warrior's free wedge offer. When I ordered the wedges they wanted to send me their fairway woods to try for free (which required a $399 deposit...). When I went to try to return the woods, Warrior gave me the runaround as well as they offered me a free set of irons, 4 dozen golf balls and free headcovers for the woods if I would just keep the fairway woods and allow them to keep my $399 deposit. Unlike the gentlemen above, I accepted the offer and I still play with the Warrior clubs today.

I am not sure if Warrior clubs are as bad as rrr99 described however. The wedges are junk, but I actually LIKE the fairway woods. I have never really been able tohit fairway woods consistently (any brand), but when I get a hold of one with my Warrior woods the ball flys straight and long. I have never played a "premium" level club though so I'm not sure the Warrior would stand up to a Taylor Made, Callaway, Adams or Nike but the Warriors seem to work OK for me. If it wasn't for Warrior's ridiculous high pressure and deceptive sales tactics, I might actually give Warrior's hybrids a try but I do not want to deal with the company again. It's simply not worth the aggravation!
N  16th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
Well, Sorry all of you had a bad experience. I have had a totally different experience. In January I responded to the TV ad and got Hybred 3 and a lob wedge, nice clubs. $3x.00 S&H only. Legit.
Then I got an e-mail about a wedge and putter offer. Lob Wedge, Sand wedge, Gap wedge, Blade and Mallet putter. Told them I had the Lob wedge and don't like Mallet putters, so they sent me the 2 wedges and blade putter, $3x.00 S&H only. No pressure!
Then I spoke to them about a new Driver, because my club pro told me my existing old Driver sucked. I ordered a TOMAHAWK Driver, graphite shaft with 11 degree. Reg price, $399, but based on prior orders and responding to their request for feedback on my free clubs my price was $133.00 and I could return it in 45 days if not happy. Well, my accuracy improved (very forgiving club) and distance improved 20 - 40 yards. Sure I could do same with Callaway or TaylorMade, but not for that price and return policy.
Then my club pro told me that my original Ping Eye 1 Irons were like telephone poles and I should consider new Irons.
I ordered a 3 - PW set from Warrior, graphite shafts. Got a free Hybred 5, $399. I get 10 - 20 yards better distance then my old Pings.
Never any pressure from Warrior and I play about 36 holes + a week and have no concerns about quality
N  1st of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
CROOKS!!! Warrior actually sold me their best package for about 499.00 Not cheap but I am always trying to improve my game. Warrior immediately deducted the CASH from my bank account. The next two days 499.00 twice to bring the total to 1500.00. After they gave me the run around for 3 days I threatened legal acction The BS stop and my money was placed back into by account. I was told when I gave warrior my debit card number they could do whatever they wanted. DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR SCAMS. Just go down to your local golf store you may pay a little more but you will be dealing face to face and maybe cut yorself a deal.
N  27th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
I was given a Warrior driver as a gift. After only 3 trips to the driving range, and hitting less that 3 buckets, the head had actually dented and eventually split about 4 inches. I had heard bad things about Warrior and their high pressure, used car salesman, antics. So I just sent it back with a letter asking for a replacement with a comparable club. Adam Swick, who claimed to be their Customer Service Rep, called me and said that their "experts" had determined that the club was clearly abused by banging it on the ground or rocks. I was adamant that that was not the case. He would not accept my explanation at all. The conversation became heated. They refused to replace it but offered to sell me another. I told Swick I would never deal with them again. He really didn't care. It then got really heated and I hung up on them.
Absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with.
I've been playing golf over 40 years and have never had a club dent or split before. Really inferior, aka crappy, product! And crappy people; and a really crappy Cusotmer Service Rep! Do not deal with them at all!!
A  6th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
The sales tactics are shaddy... They have quick talking salesmen that try to push clubs on you. If the clubs were as good as they say they are they would sell themselves. After reading all the reviews I called custum warroir golf to cancel the order. They just continued to try to sell me different stuff. Any other legit company would just refund your money. Good thing I canceled before I got the clubs. Thanks for the posts, and next time I will look at the BBB report.
N  27th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
Why in the hell would anyone agree to that offer of evaluating all of the clubs and having a "temporary" charge placed on their card.

I just called in for the free hybrid offer and the salesman was VERY pushy, but I remembered a little trick from when I used to make sales on the phone...the seller will keep pushing UNTIL the customer simply says the word "No"...as soon as the customer says the word "No" the seller cannot make any further push towards the sale...after about 4 attempts by this annoying guy on the phone to try and get me to try out all of the woods for $139 a piece (or whatever the price was) I simply said, "listen, I want the hybrid, but I don't want anything else...NO THANKS."

He was pissed off, but he had to give me the club for free. It's not that hard to say no to that frickin 45 day trial offer thing...if there is one thing you should learn in life at a young age, it's DON'T DO TRIAL OFFERS. You will always end up with a situation that is a pain in the [censor].
N  24th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
You know, for all the bad publicity Warrior Custom Golf is getting now, this company will give you clubs, and only charge you $50 in the end for any you want to keep. I've had two dealings with them, both just fine. The first, I got some wedges for free, send back some clubs I didn't want, and talked the sales person down to $50 on a 3 wood I still use today (after 7 years). I did the same thing for a driver, which I sent back for more custom fitting. In the end I got a putter, another wedge for free, and the driver for $50. I used the driver for about 5 years until I swapped it for the Ping G10. I received a refund of everything except for $50 both times. Was it a pain to get it? Sure. Did it take a 30 minute phone call? Yup. But you have to expect as much.This company wants to make money, obviously. They want you to miss the 45 day "trial" period. They want you to just keep the clubs. This isn't a scam. In fact, I feel like I scammed them. I got two wedges, a putter, a hybrid, a 3-wood, and a driver for $100. The 3-wood alone was well worth it.
N  15th of Jan, 2011 by    -1 Votes
I gotyour xmas gift bags and i am very happy with the service I got the only thing that was wrong with what i got was the iron cover was to small to go over both set of my iron that i have.thank you for the gift
A  13th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
Try working for the [censor]s, Since they've taken over Reems Creek they've screwed every single employee, screwing us on Holiday pay, vacation, and their management is CRAP! Laid off all but five people, but keeping one guy who ASKED to be laid off. Let alone the fact that almost half of the grass on the course is dead because they were too cheap to buy a new irrigation pump when the old one was out of commission for FIVE MONTHS. They are running that place into the ground, Warrior Golf is the Wal Mart of golf courses, as in they will tell you how to get all kinds of Government assistance, instead of giving their workers a single raise. If I wanted to live off uncle Sam I would have quit your sorry [censor] company by now.
D  27th of Jul, 2010 by    -1 Votes
I have dealt with Warrior Golf a=on several different occasions.

I too "tried" the free trial, and when I wanted to give them back, I was offered a better deal with Hybrids to keep the clubs, And for a much cheaper price than the original.
I love my Driver And the Hybrids.
I also, this past Xmas called on the "Free Grab Bag". It cost me S/h and nothing else.
The shirt alone covered the S/H.
So I personally have Nothing to complain about with Warrior Golf.
N  25th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
Warrior is the Kirby of golf equipment. If they were as good as some may think, they would be sold along side Adams, Ping, Calloway, Nike and other LEGITIMATE golf equipment company's. Go to a pro shop, you won't find Warrior equipment. Avoid this company at all costs, unless your only intention is to BUY their overpriced equipment. How many pro's use Warrior???
A  22nd of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
got an email from warrior custom golf about trying out some clubs, gave them my bank info what a dummy.I checked consumer rapport, man i should have done it first, i then called warrior custom golf back 10 min later to cancell my order, wow did they try to sell me, offering free wedges or a free hybrid to keep my order . I stuck by my guns and got the oerder canceled, i then called the billing dept to confirm that they replaced the funds, i waited for 20min before giving up.I just hope that i get my money back.I will not order anything from them again

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree