Walgreens Pharmacy / faulty automated attendant via phone

1 2105 Central Ave NW, Allbuquerque, NM 87104Albuquerque, NM, United States Review updated:
Phone: 505-242-2713

April 21, 2008

My name, address and telephone numbers are not for sale nor do you have my permission as a third party to sell these items.

On April 10, 2008 I used the automated attendant which I have used habitually and successfully for over three years to order refills of three prescripts and as per the prompts, I set the pick-up time at 2:00 PM the following day, April 11, 2008. I went to the pharmacy and was told by the clerk behind the pharmacy counter (not a pharmacist) that they had never heard of me and that I certainly hadn't used the automated attendant the night before to order refills of my prescriptions. I asked to see the pharmacist. She apologized profusely and filled my prescriptions in about 10 minutes.

On April 19, 2008 I used the automated attendant to order refills of an additonal three prescriptions. The pharmacist (not a clerk) who waited on me told me that I hadn't made such an order and that if I had it certainly would have been registered in thieir computer data base for prescriptions to be filled that day, April 20, 2008. She told me that they had had to fax one of my physicians to authorize refills as such refill authority for Allipurinol had expired and the physician had not responded to their fax. Then she told me that I had registered a pick-up for one day later, April 21. I had not. I had registered for pick-up with the automated attendant for the very day I showed up at the pharmacy, April 20, 2008, which was the next day after order the pick-up via the automated attendant. I know that to be true because choosing a prompt for any day with the automated attendant other than "tomorrow" triggers a series of inane questions which sounds like garble to the listener. That's why I always use the prompt for pick-up "tomorrow."

The pharmacist kindly and very courteously filled my other prescriptions as they had adequate refill authorization noted from my physician, apologized, again, and outlined the best protocol to check to see when my remaining prescription will have been filled. I thanked her and told her of my deep suspicions re the inadequacy or faultiness of that pharmacy's automated telephone attendant. As it was Sunday, she suggested that I return to register my comoplaint in person with the pharmacy staff members who work weekdays and with whom I am well-acquainted.

Alternatively, I decided to use this complaint process, too, as well as a[ealomg directly to the pharmacy staff with whom I'm personally acquainted. I'll do that when and if I get my last prescription filled.

Sincerely,

Maurice Conn

Comments

• 19
      17th of Aug, 2010

I just love those "robocalls", how bout you? To start off with, they ain't exactly clear. My mother, who uses that pharmacy is kinda hard of hearing, and I find them hard to hear. That's when it's even working correctly. It has even sounded like the prescription is ready when I listened, and yet it wasn't. But even that doesn't take the cake for what it did one day. Moma was told on a stupid "robocall" that her prescription for a certain drug she was taking was ready. However, she knew it was too early and she didn't even need it. So she called the pharmacy, waited a long time and spoke to a pharmacy technician. She told her "Oh, yeah, you're right, it's too early, sorry". So guess what happened? She got another stupid "robocall" telling her the same thing again, further confusing her. I went down to the pharmacy to pick up her meds, and was told that one was too early. That's nice, that wasn't one that she was trying to fill, their own stupid system was automatically filling it, calling her to tell her that her meds were ready and then telling the same tech from the phone call that it was too early. It's bad enough that they never answer their phones and expect you to enter the prescription number on the phone, but then they have "robohell".