Vita Power / Fraudulent unauthorized charges

They will not stop sending me vitamins even after you have canceled the recurring order. Who is overseeing this company? A consumer-friendly company would be honorable. VitaPower is making a name alright, a VERY BAD one.

If my dispute over the automatic charge to my credit card won't work, I may have to take legal action for unauthorized use. I wonder how many people would join together to sue this company.

Maybe they better take care of their customers.

Comments

• Sh
      14th of Oct, 2006

I keep receiveing these vitamins when i ordered the core system i asked only for the ball and video. then these vitamins started coming. i have been trying to cancel but to no avail i can not get a live person. since i never gave them permission to keep debiting my card and have never asked for these vitamins isn't this illegal

• Mi
      8th of Nov, 2006
    VitaPower - Continued account charges!

I recently got a box of vitamins for a dollar to try for thirty days. It wasn't even thirty days, they already charge my account. I called them to cancel but the representative said she could not do anything about it coz they already shipped a three months supplies to me. I told her, my trial period is not even over and I have not made my decision about getting more, they already sent me three months supplies and charged $74.00 to my account. Something needs to be done to this company if not they will continue their unauthorized charges and ripping people off.

• Bo
      27th of Nov, 2006
    VitaPower - Continued account charges!

In October 2006 I called to cancel my order of VitaPower and on November 27th I received another shipment. This is being charged to my credit card and I have used two months supply of VitaPower with no obvious advantages.

• Ra
      28th of Feb, 2007

The same thing has happened to me. They charged my account 33$ without me knowing, then when I called to cancel they said i can send back the vitamins to get a refund. Well I sent it back, and not only did they not cancel the vitamins and refund my money, they charged my account with another 33$ just today! When I called to complain they replied that they haven't gotten the box of vitamins I sent back! This is a horrible, horrible scam.

• Si
      27th of Mar, 2007

Ordered for my 16 year old with ProActive, for $1. Then started receiving charges of $33.94 per month on my debit. I realize I should have read more carefully. Called on Jan 15 to cancel, waited on hold for 20 minutes. Never received another shipment, but was charged Jan/Feb/March the same amount. Called again today, waited an additional 20 minutes, spoke with Monica, who stated I had never called in Jan ("you must be mistaken"). Then stated she would cancel today, and refund the Mar/April amounts AFTER I returned the March shipment, which I have not received. I agreed to do so, but explained that I never received the Jan/Feb shipment either. She stated she could not refund that amount even if I had, told me again that I "must be mistaken" regarding my cancellation call in January since there was no record in their system. I explained that I would have called earlier to check in, but since I cancelled in January I was not expecting the shipment so I did not miss it when it did not arrive. She stated they would not be refunding, nor would they be reshipping the product I had not received. Then she told me there was no onsite supervisor for me to speak with, but one would call me back. Noone has. My bank says there is nothing they can do since it is a recurring debit charge, not a credit card charge.

• Md
      12th of May, 2007

I too have been receiving unwanted product for months. The absence of invoices has been very frustrating, and I believe suspect. I wrote a letter to the address on the box and finally called the corporate number for Gunthy Renker. Good news! They gave me another number and I spoke with a customer representative for Vita Power. My unsolicited order for the vitamins has been cancelled - or so they say. We'll see what happens next month! For those interested, here is where I called: GR Corporate office in Santa Monica, CA (310) 581-6250 and Gunthy Renker/VitaPower customer service (888) 848-2797. Good luck!

29th of Jun, 2007

I have not yet been ripped off because I only received the shipment of vitamins today as a forgotten adjunct to Sheer Cover order.

I suspect your vitamin company to be connected somehow to the Daily Dose company because they are doing business unconscionably in the same profile.

Woe unto the poor unsuspecting customer who puts it on a debit card. Mine is on a credit card and I intend to file the dispute promptly.

With so many complaints on the internet you cannot possibly not know what you are doing but you persist in continuing to do it.

I want no further dealings with any greedy money-grubbers who do these practices or act as fronts for you who do.

I never order anything this way and never will again. I hope it may put those home shopping channels out of business eventually but there is another sucker born every minute.

You predators need to be stamped out and punished for your deliberate knowing criminal intent. It is more insidious than outright burglary but just as bad or worse.

I intend to file complaints with everyone associated with the transaction although unfortunately they don't care any more than you do.

I will file with the government agencies covering this type of business. And with the TV auspices which originally support it.

I intend to return all products from this transaction and I will have complete reimbursement. My credit card will protect me in this and I will have no further charges made on it.

If you have anything to say, you may address me at the above address.

• Gi
      26th of Jul, 2007

they r doing that to me too!!! I am so angry about this situation!!!

29th of Sep, 2007
    VitaPower - Continued account charges!

I don't even know how to get a hold of this company! I ordered proactive and got charged for these vitamins that I don't want. They are just taking it out of my account! Can't get them to clear this up!

• Co
      10th of Oct, 2007
    Vita Power - Continued account charges!

On August 17, 2007 I called to return the 2nd box that was shipped and cancel further orders. I sent the box via USPS with Delivery Confirmation Receipt, which means I paid for shipping.

I wondered why I hadn't received a refund to my account yet, minus, of course. THEIR shipping costs! I came home from work today sent to call with my receipt number and there was ANOTHER BOX OF VITAMINS!!! My polite request was ignored and MORE MONEY taken from my account! I find this behavior unethical at the very least! I don't want to keep paying to send back vitamins I did not request, and have my account debited each time! I still haven't received my money for the second box and now I'm sure they expect me to pay to have box#3 returned. I will NEVER recommend either Winsor Pilates or VITAPOWER!

• Ro
      13th of Nov, 2007

Cannot locate phone number to get shipments stopped. Please someone send phone number

• St
      14th of Nov, 2007

I also have been scammed by this company. My accounts are very low lately and I have no room for unexpected charges. I ordered proactive and with my order it offered me a free trial of the Vitamins so I figured hey it's free why not!! Now a month later I too have a 33$ charge on my account. I was of course not expecting this charge and it threw my account into the negatives and I got hit with an insufficient funds fee! On top of all of that I also have no vitamins. They say these vitamins clear skin but as far as I know stress is one of the worst causes of breakouts and I have to say Vitopower has hurt much much more then it's helped. I don't know what to do.

• Da
      22nd of Nov, 2007

I'm very sorry guys. From a profesional standpoint I used to work for Proactiv and would cancle people's accounts. Unfortunately when you call in to Proactiv and say you want to cancle, they think you want to cancle proactiv and have no idea if you are or are not receiving Vitapower, we have no way to look that up, it truely is another department. Every time Proactiv or Vitapower is sent, they're sent with letters stating what card will charge, for how much and when. These letters/internet forms/emails are seldomly read and I would have many callers every day saying they never signed up for anything, but it is clear on the sing up calls (I've heard them) and it is clear in the letters and online (I've read them) and to be honest we have people that read about it while ordering and call us to make one time orders and we can. I'm very sorry for the frustration associated with everything, but please understand, the people on the phone are honestly trying to help despite the abuse they receive from customers (for example I'm still trying to help you, but am no longer employed by them). Again, Proactiv and Vitapower are separate companies, if I want to cancle my water suply I dont tell the gas company or pay my electric bill to the sewer company. And statistically 75% of the time when people say they never recieved the last two packages or that they returned them, it's a lie, the post office is very reliable, that's why people may not be too enthusiastic when you say you havent recieved anything in 5 months but we havent recieved any notices from the Post Office (they tell us when an adress is bad and give us the new ones) If anyone wants to cancle Vitapower, please dont call Proactiv, we just have to transfer you, but they're just happy to help with anything they can that's proactiv related. Good luck guys

• Ka
      17th of Dec, 2007

888-848-2797

• El
      7th of Jan, 2008

I just tried calling 1-888-848-2797 and it says the number is no longer in service. Has anyone successfully gotten VitaPower to stop charging them? I have yet to receive any of the product after the introductory package and have been charged $33 twice already for unreceived goods.

• Sh
      12th of Jan, 2008

I've only received one payment from them after a free trail and the product. I don't want the product and called to cancel, but after reading all of your comments I saw how it seemed impossible to get them to cancel. So I called BOA immediately and got them to put a stop against VitaPower charging me the 33.94 each month. Hopefully that will stop them from charging me.

When I called Proactiv they gave me this number for VitaPower 888-684-9660. I tried calling but no one answered.

• We
      3rd of Feb, 2008

I never ordered these vitamins on line or over the phone.

• Fr
      11th of Mar, 2008

i keep getting vitamins that I have no idea where they are coming from. I do not take them. I can't even find a phone number to call. What can I do?

18th of Mar, 2008

I agree i just bounced a check because i got charged for something i never even ordered how do i get these people to stop i have called and called and called and i have gotten no where! e-mail me with a solution if there is one.

• Je
      28th of Apr, 2008
    harco dr
    aiken
    Phone: 8036423339
    cushmanj11@yahoo.com

don't know what this or who this vita power is and didn't get anything or talk to any one about this or gave them my account number but charging me anyway.
    request this to stop charging me for it and also put my money back !!!
    i feel that someone is giving infomation that is wrong and i feel that this needs to be corrected right away!!!