Virgin Broadband / Covert capping!

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I was with Telewest from the conception of broadband. I never had any trouble to write about... until Virgin took over. They have without consent changed my contract from uncapped to capped. It is no use complaining they will not listen. It has become their company policy, instigated before Branson left. They did it covertly from their advertising. They are in breach of contract with me and you. Complain to Ofcom. (their site have so many complaint building up against Virgin they even have shortcuts for us now). Next thing to do is leave and join Sky. At least their max is £15 per month cheaper and although they do eventually cap some say 250gb per month on the Max option, at least you know where you stand.

Beware other cheap isp's Talk Talk, TOUCAN, BT etc they all operate severe capping and have little or no customer service.
They will all have to change this eventually, to fall in line with EU directives. The best UK speeds are only a fraction of Europes and YES like always the British ARE BEING RIPPED OFF AS ALWAYS. But not for long. It will change, these robbers know that.

They are just making as much money as they can for as long as they can.

Comments

5th of Jul, 2007
    Virgin Broadband - Billing information!
    United Kingdom

I signed up to broadband over the phone,i was led to believe i was getting 3 for £30 and would be billed monthly for all 3 services, 3 months on and virgin took £34 from my account, they set up a direct debit without my permission. I called to complain and was told, we email customers instead of sending out a bill, i received no email as they did not have my email or ask for it. As soon as my contract is up i will be leaving virgin and would never advise anyone to go with them.

• Li
      1st of Nov, 2007

Why cant I view my bill online ? Come on virgin... it isn't rocket science to log in and check, why cant we customers do this ? "NOBODY " I KNOW WHO RECEIVES YOUR BROADBAND CAN DO IT.

• Sh
      22nd of Aug, 2008

I HAVE NOT HAD VIRGIN BROADBAND SINCE NOVEMBER LAST YEAR WHEN I WAS ON NTL THEY HAVE SUDDENLY DECIDED TO SEND ME BILLS, AND AFTER HAVING RANG UP AND COMPLAINED
    THEY SAID THEY WOULD SORT IT OUT FOR ME AND I WOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY ANOTHER BILL OR THE LAST ONE, NOT SO ANOTHER LARGER BILL FELL THOUGH THE LETTER BOX I DO NOT HAVE VIRGIN I HAVE BT SO THE PHONE CALL COSTS ME MONEY WHY DO CONSUMERS HAVE TO PUT UP WITH NEGLIGENCE FROM COMPANIES WHEN WILL THEY LEARN THERE STAFF HOW TO PRESS THE RIGHT BUTTONS

• Kh
      25th of Sep, 2008
    Virgin Broadband - Worst service
    Virgin Mobile
    Australia

Dear Sir/ Madam
    I am a customer of virgin broadband.I took $60 home phone plan with broadband with Virgin broadband in Last February'08. First 2 months the service of phone line was OK but broadband was. problematic but manageable. last 4 months I am noticing that my phone line service is becoming worst and worst by day to day .very often Line is disconnecting with in middle of conversation. To connect with Internet is another drama. Hardly I can log on to Internet as the modem is unable to connect me to the internet. While sending this mail I have reset the modem atleast 7 times. I send couple of emails regarding this to Virgin Broadband and so far no reply. I try to call their hot line but unable to talk to a customer service officer even after waiting long time on phone.
    I really need your help to solve this phone and internet problem.
    My Phone no is 02-87344429.
    I am stick with 24 months contact with virgin broadband.
    Can u pls help me so that if they can't improve their service I can be out of contact with them without paying any fine.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Kind Regards
    Khan Rabbi

• Sk
      22nd of Oct, 2008

I live in Kolkata. I have a BSNL Landline connection (033) 24650247. My phone is Out of Order for approx. 15 days. I had launched a Complaint regarding this and the Docket No. was V5257. Since then I have been lodging complaint every day but no action has been taken so far to rectify the problem. I am a Senior Citizen and I am facing lots of problem due to the non-working of my phone for so many days. Yesterday when I again lodged a Complaint for the rectification, I found out that my previous Complaint was removed and I was given a fresh Complaint Docket No. ie. V8834 dated 21.10.08. It is surprising that without rectifing my Phone how can they remove my previous Complaint Docket Number. I am really very tired of lodging complaints every day. For about 15 days, my phone is Out of Order. Will BSNL lessen/charge me half of my Monthly Rental for not providing the service for half of the month? When will BSNL take action for rectification of my phone? I am really very dissatisfied by the poor service of BSNL. Request you to kindly help me in this matter as soon as possible.

Thanking you.