Venue.comFailure to Credit Account

L Review updated:

On 7/16/09 I purchased a Toshiba laptop and extended warranty. On 7/22/09, I cancelled the order after finding a better price for the computer. They charged my account the $1, 238.00 and have yet to credit that amount back. I ended up disputing the amount with the actual card issuer, it STILL HAS NOT been credited back. This is NOT a return, it's a cancellation so their 45 day policy on crediting for returns should not apply.

• D
      Aug 29, 2009

Same thing happend to me - I purchased 4 items with my Venue account. I received 1 of the 4 that I purchased (a MONTH after ordering it) and then was told it would be another 1 - 2 months for the other three items which they said were backordered and to call and let them know if I wanted to cancel them. I called and cancelled them immediately because there was no telling how long it would be before I got them and I could buy them locally cheaper.

They still billed me for the items. I called FOUR times over a six week period and was told each time that they would credit my account and they NEVER DID. I mailed a letter in accordance with their complaint policies and heard something back a month later via the mail stating they were "researching" the issue. What is there to research?? They are billing me on my account for interest as well as the principal for items i NEVER received!! I had to file a complaint with the BBB - i advise you to do the same.

As soon as this is resolved, I'm paying off my account in full (not until this is resolved as I do not owe the full balance) and never using VEnue again for ANYTHING. HORRIBLE customer service (most of them foreign/overseas) that speak from a script and if you ask them something off their questions they get confused.

CON ARTISTS!!

HORRIBLE!

• J
      Oct 07, 2009

The same thing happened to me. Ordered this 600+ dollars worth of earrings on May 2009, looked really nice on screen, but it looked different when I got it in person. Decided to return it a week after, but they have yet to credit it back on my account and it's already October. My credit score went down since it says I'm 30 days past due, which is unfair since I already returned it. I'm still trying to fix it and we're considering getting a lawyer to handle this... it's too stressful. And instead of being helpful, they make you run around and tell you lies after lies!