Value Dry / Great Job

1 Philadelphia, PA, United States Review updated:

Value Dry Basement Waterproofing is one of the best basement contractors based on many factors. I did my research well in advance. I couldn't think of one thing to complain about. Their salesman was very knowledgeable and actually recommended a solution that would solve the problem I was aiming for. Not just to upsell me "patented" and overpriced products. I don't usually write reviews for companies but Value Dry Basement Waterproofing fixed my basement water problems and I'd had 3 other contractors try and fail. The basement perimeter drainage system they installed has a lifetime guarantee and I'm never going to need to use it because it works! My basement is now dry and is the showcase of my home. I turned it into a home theater with confidence that my basement will never flood again. I don't have a single complaint. They weren't the cheapest basement waterproofing company but they are the best. No Value Dry complaints floating around my house!

Comments

20th of Sep, 2011

I find it funny that you wrote " The basement perimeter drainage system they installed has a lifetime guarantee and I'm never going to need to use it because it works! My basement is now dry and is the showcase of my home. I turned it into a home theater with confidence that my basement will never flood again." In April 2010, they installed a new perimeter drainage system, a lateral drain, a couple of other drains. In June they came back and installed a second lateral after getting minor water in center of my floor, as I did previously. I was given the same liftetime guarantee, and "with this system you will not get water in your basement again." So the week before Christmas I finished my basement again. Well, fast forward to August 2011. Irene came, and left. On Sunday August 28, I had water coming up through the center of my basement floor. I never once lost electricity. They came out and stated the system could not keep up with the water. My basement will have to be dug up again, the drains placed deeper and directly into the pumps as opposed to the perimeter lines and additional drains are also needed. Now for that lifetime guarantee, since a State of Emergency was declared during the hurricane the warrantee is not valid. They had no problem pointed out that it is in the contract and that I either should not have finished my basement (as we did based on their promises, of absolutely no more water), or I should have gotten insurance.