USBI / Scam charges

Phone: 866-6009455

I received my telephone bill on Saturday, 01/10/2009, but due to my busy schedule was not able to go thru my mail until Sunday night and when going over my telephone bill I saw there was an increase on my bill from previous month and saw USBI charges for cheap2dial telephone, llc., for mas minutes ld plan monthly fee and I have unlimited local and long distance with ATT.

I called the total free number listed on the invoice for this company and received a message: 'I had called after hours or the call volume was high' but the message did not give the hours of operation. So, I decided to look up the company on the internet and saw it was a fraud. My husband and I decided to wait to call ATT in the morning and let them know charges for this company will not be paid because it was not authorized but in the meantime will be checking my previous bills to make sure no additional charges are there as well.

Do

Comments

• Ki
      11th of Mar, 2009

Don, this company and several others are owned by Barry Rynearson. He operates several small time companies, all running internet scams of some type or another. Check out his company Mineral Elements, and all those complaints. He must be stopped and I am doing everything in my power to let the Harrisburg Pa papers, tv, and radio know about him. I have reported him and his company to the BBB, and the FTC. Help and let's get this scam artist brought down!
    kitrodenbough@yahoo.com

• Go
      15th of May, 2009

I have also recently been the victim of a scam involving a company called Tele circuit/USBI. My phone company is AT&T and handle all my telephone communications needs with AT and T. Somehow, Tele Circuit hijacked my phone service so to speak, and is charging me for calls that I would have to pay any per minute charge for with my AT and T calling plans. To make matters worse, when I contacted At&T the representative was kind enough to take the thrid party charges off my AT and T bill. However, I was forced to pay AT and T the one time activation fees in order to reactivate my calling plans. This is obviously unfair but I agreed, hope that would be the end of it. This company, Tele Circuit, essensually uses AT and T as its "collection arm" knowing full well that If I refused to pay Telecurcuit, that AT and T will consider me to be delinquent with them as well. This is a very sneaky way to back somebody into a corner in order to force them to pay charges to a company that I NEVER signed up with in the first place. Also this crooked company knows that if one does not pay them, that one's credit will be affected and this is what they seem to rely on in order to get people to pay. I'm unsure of how they were able to switch me over to their company without my permission in the first place. This month it happened again and im afraid they are going to keep doing it. My phone company, AT and T offers no protection to it's customers from this kind of questionable business practice on the part of third party companies. It has been suggested that AT and T is in on the scam and though I did not want to believe that, it seems to be that that is the case. After all, AT and T bills on their behalf, does not provide its customers protection against third party companies switching their customers services to this crooked Tele Circuit company, and worse of all AT and T charges customers activation fees for restoring the plans they had before they were fraudulently switched over from AT and T to Tele circuit. At and T makes more money everytime a customer like myself has to re-instate my calling plans. That is a fact. The right thing for AT and T to do would be to re-instate your plans without any charge. I hope they come to realize that by allowing crooked third party companies to bill through them, they are making themselves look bad and untrustworthy for the AT and T name appears on the same bill as the Telecircuit charges. I hope that At and T gets it's act together before such a well known and traditonally reliable company loses face.

• Ro
      23rd of Jun, 2009

I ALSO HAD THE SAME PROBLEM, I'M MILITARY AND DON'T HAVE TIME TO BE CHECKING MY BILLS WITH DETAILS. SO I HAVE SO TIME NOW AND THIS COMPANY ON THE CHARGES, CHARGE ME 5.99 AND 6.40 WITH TAXES. SO I CALLED THE NUMBER FOR USBI 888-472-8724, I SPOKE TO SOMEONE NAMED JOSE. I STARTED EXPLAINING TO HIM, IF HE COULD TELL ME SINCE WHEN THEY HAVE BEEN CHARGING ME AND HE SAID, SINCE JUNE 2008. I FLIPPED AND ASKED TO TALK TO HIS SUPERVISOR AND HE HANGED UP ON ME, SO I CALLED BACK AND TOLD HIM, IF I DON'T SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR, I HAVE OTHER 27 LINES I CALL HIM FROM, AND ASK HIM, HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU GET PER PHONE CALL? WELL I ARGUED WITH HIM, WITH THE SUPERVISOR AND HE WANTED ME TO PAY THE TAXES ON IT, I FLIPPED AGAIN, UNTIL HE GAVE ME THE CHARGES BACK. I CALLED BACK AGAIN AND THEY GAVE ME THE NUMBER FOR TELE UNO 800-240-1109 AND I PUT THEM IN THEIR PLACE. FINALLY I'M GOING TO GET 89.60 CREDIT BACK TO MY ACCOUNT.

I LOVE FIGHTING FOR WHAT I KNOW IS RIGHT, ROBERTO

• Ro
      23rd of Jun, 2009

I LOVE FIGHTING FOR WHAT I KNOW IS RIGHT, ROBERTO

• Na
      12th of Jan, 2010

i had the same problem i was with at&t and usbi charged me $35.00 for a free local call i called them several times once in a conference call with at&t rep on the other line confirming that this is a free local zone. They said they will investigate but never refunded my money, called them several times never any refund
    for a call that was not even long distance.

• Qu
      18th of Feb, 2010

I just found out that USBI has been charging me since November 2009. Somehow my local provider, Qwest, turned off my LD option through them and USBI picked it up. when I called USBI, they claimed that my wife gave them authorization and had a recording of her voice. I said prove it. So far they have not called me back. I complained to Qwest and they have told me that I have to take my problem up with USBI, and if I did not get any headway with them to call Qwest back.