USA Locksmith / Lock replacement

1 2893 Dale BoulevardWoodbridge, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 703 398 0916/800 721 5131

Contacted USA LOCKSMITH to change the locks on my property. Service tech spoke fine English until he came to the property and it was convenient for him to not understand English and my requests regarding rekeying the property rather than changing out the locks. He certainly used the language barrier to his advantage and the fact that I was female. He did not clearly tell me what my charges would be. And they were no where near what I was quoted over the phone by the office staff. My hands were tied once he had the existing locks removed. The tech just kept insisting the he "give me goooood price!" What a joke. He so far overcharged me it is disgusting. I paid nearly $1500 for 4 knob and deadbolt combinations and one knob lock. I was TRIPLE CHARGED!!! I paid him with a check and after he left decided I got burned so I put a stop payment on the check and called the company. ( I even had my rental agent and a class A contractor speak to him before he left regarding the over charges. He responded with offering a business card. ) Eventually a manager called back and we renegotiated for a "discounted rate" of $900. After our discussion it was agreed that I would send a check to P.O. Box 1140 Hackensack, NJ 07602. Don't you know they sent the tech back to the property. I would not have answered the door if I knew it was him. He was very insistent that I write him a new check then and there. Foolishly, I rewrote a check and paid him. Of course he tried to tell me a different amount and tried to add additional tax. I refused. He became confrontational and threatening. As a woman alone in the property, decided it was best to pay him and get him out for my own safety. Knowing I was still over paying I was on limited time so got him out. A COMPLETE RIP OFF. He installed knock off locks made in China. All were keyed the same ( I saved the boxes the prove this) yet he charged a fee for keying alike. Charged $125 for a lock out fee that most locksmiths charge about $15-35. I have made multiple attempts to find a corporate office to file a complaint. To no avail. I do not think one exists, yet there are numerous locksmiths that operate under this "mother" company all over the nation, yet use different business names. SCREAMS SCAM ALL OVER IT!!! You have been warned. Sure wish I was, but circumstances required me to move forward. DO NOT USE USA LOCKSMITH or any affiliate whose phone line dumps into USA LOCKSMITH!!!

Comments

• Le
      19th of Oct, 2008

BBB Warns Consumers of Nationwide Locksmith Swindle You may have been a victim and not even know it. The Better Business Bureau (BBB) today is warning consumers to beware of untrustworthy locksmith companies that are ripping off consumers across the country. Victim complaints to the BBB reveal that several locksmith companies, all using similar methods, are significantly overcharging consumers, charging consumers for unnecessary services, using intimidation tactics, and failing to give refunds or respond to consumer complaints. “Ironically, these companies operate under names like ‘Dependable Locksmith’ but in reality they exploit the vulnerable situation of consumers who are locked out of their house or car, ” said Edward Johnson, President of the BBB. “We’ve found that some locksmiths have made taking advantage of consumers’ misfortune part of their business model.” Complaints about locksmith services to the 114 BBBs serving the U.S. increased almost 75 percent from 2005 to 2006, and have continued to come in steadily during the first half of this year. The BBB has identified Dependable Locksmith – which operates under more than a dozen different names – as a particularly disreputable locksmith. This company poses as a local locksmith in cities across the country and advertises in the yellow pages using local phone numbers and fake local addresses. A consumer might think they’re dealing with a local locksmith but their phone call is actually connected to a call center located in the Bronx borough of New York City. Consumers in the mid­Atlantic region are quoted a reasonable price over the phone but when the locksmith arrives – typically in an unmarked vehicle – he demands significantly more money than originally quoted, often only accepting cash. A complaint where Dependable Locksmith was operating under the name “Superb Solutions, ” alleges the company quoted fees of $39 and $84 for separate jobs, but the bill ended up at $471, which included add­on fees such as a $65 breaking in fee and a $58 fee to uninstall old locks. Another complainant reported that the locksmith sent to let her into her car demanded she pay twice the price quoted over the phone. The locksmith offered to drive her to an ATM to get cash – feeling unsafe the victim refused. The victim was ultimately forced to write a check made out personally to the locksmith as he would not let her into her car until she did so. She cancelled payment on the check the next morning, but eventually filed a police report after the locksmith harassed her with continuous phone calls about payment. The BBB has also heard many complaints from victims who say they were charged for unnecessary services. For example, complainants suspect locksmiths sent over by Dependable Locksmiths of pretending they couldn’t simply pick the lock so that they could charge more and install all new locks in homes.
    Some of Dependable Locksmith’s aliases include, Superb Solutions, Locksmith 24 Hour, Inc., USA Total Security, Priceline Locksmith, and S.O.S. Locksmith. Two other locksmith contractors fleecing consumers are Basad, Inc. – which operates under more than 50 names nationwide, such as A­1 Locksmith Service, A­1 24 Hour Locksmith, A­1 Lock & Key Locksmith, and AAA Locksmith 24 Hour – and Liberty Locksmith. Similar to Dependable Locksmith, they pose as local locksmiths and run full­page yellow pages ads with multiple phone and address listings. The phone numbers appear to be local, but connect to national call centers such as Liberty’s in New York City, while the addresses end up belonging to other established businesses in the local area, or are simply non­existent. “These companies are very good at posing as trustworthy locksmiths, ” said Mr. Johnson. “Before you find yourself in the unfortunate position of being locked out of your car or house, do your research and find a truly dependable locksmith in your area. Ask around and always check with the BBB first to find reputable businesses.” If you feel you’ve been taken advantage of by Dependable Locksmith, Liberty Locksmith, Basad. Inc., or others, please contact the BBB to file a complaint, or do so online at www.mybbb.org. # # #