Us SearchScam charges!

1 Review updated:

I asked for specific info on e mail address. Agreed to pay 'special' price of $1.95. Info shown was already 'free' everywhere. I asked my son to use his credit card for me. I not only did not get promised info, they charged the credit $10.00! My son is angry at me and I had to give him an additional $10.00. He says 'never again, I told you they were all scammers'. It appears he is right. It may not be a lot of money to most people, but it might less food for me. It's just wrong!! So far I have not found a single 'honest' search engine and that is a sad commentary for internet users! It was important to me and that is taking advantage of people's emotions in the worst way. I don't know where else to complain.

Sincerely, Donna, Apple Valley, Calif.

Comments

Sep 16, 2008
    People Search - Not providing info paid for
    INTELIUS live in the know
    intelius.com

On May 1st and may 2, 2008 I placed an order for two items for an amount of $ 4.95 and 9, 90 respectively. Then, they continued charging my Visa credit card the amount of$ 19.95 monthly from May to September 2008, five straight months, except for July 9, 2008 when they collected $ 9.95 therefore INTELIUS took from my credit card a total amount of $ 89.95 without authorization. I NEVER placed a subscription order. I am not a businessman. I do not need a service like this. My order was absolutely
    two-times-only. Somebody in the government should do something about this. I would like to thank you in advance for your help.

• Fu
      Aug 01, 2009
    Us Search - Not providing info paid for
    US SEARCH
    USSEARCH.COM

A little funny story, but I am really pissed off, even though it was only $2.00..It is my money and I wasn't given accurate info.

Ok...so I have and Aunt in CA., I live in FL, who never wants to give me my own cousin's phone #, she makes every effort to beat around the bush. My cousin and I were close when we were kids, the few times we were able to connect anyway.

So, I decided to try and get his info on my on. I used ussearch.com, BIG MISTAKE, and attempted to search for my cousin through them. Now, when their system searched, it came up with his mom, dad & sister's name as being relatives...so I knew they were on the right track...SO I THOUGHT...in the box where it showed exactly what info they had on him, they had address and phone # checked, so I thought...YES, I can finally beat my Aunt at his hide my cousin game and keep him all to herself right? NOPE, THEY ARE ON HER SIDE APPARENTLY!

I, of course couldn't see the info yet, but thought, ok, for $1.95, what the hell, it says they have his #. so I pull out the Visa and pay. Next thing I know, after my card processes and they take my measily $2.00 that they worked so hard for, the screen pops up with the 2 addresses I have never seen before, which I thought was good, it wasn't my aunt's and it shouldn't be, being he hasn't lived there for sometime. He just bought a house a few months ago, and I thought perfect, one is the apartment they use to live in and the other is their new house...AWESOME...BUT...UHHHHH...WHERE THE HELL IS THE PHONE #'S?...they were MIA...I was HOT...the company emailed me advising of my payment, I emailed back stating I wanted a refund of my 2 damn dollars because the info was not what they led on it to be at all ...those son of a $%#?>es emailed me back with a completely different address AND a phone #, guess who's????...MY AUNT'S...[protected]@#$%#ers...I have her's...he don't live there and hasn't for years...they didn't show this address as one they had, they were just trying not to have to refund my damn 2 dollars...INSANE...I am completely about principle rather than the dollar amount...I don't care if it was $0.10...it's mine and that is it...I don't touch yours, you don't touch mine...and you need to give me what I paid for and not try to come up with just anything to avoid the fact that you cannot give the accurate info your site advised it had...they never offered my Aunt's address and # until after I demanded a refund, otherwise, why the hell would I pay for it...I have it...DO NOT USE US SEARCH...THEY ARE A RIP OFF AND WILL NOT REFUND YOUR MONEY, NOT ONLY AM I REPORTING THEM AS CONSUMER FRAUD, I AM CUTTING AND PASTING THIS TO ANY COMPLAINT SITE I CAN...I WILL GET MY 2 DOLLARS OF SATISFACTOIN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!!!

• In
      Nov 02, 2009

Please call [protected] Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

• Jr
      Dec 15, 2009
    INT*ID Protect MNTR SVC
    Alabama
    Phone: [protected]

I applied for people search to locate a fellow service man that served in Vietnam with me. and the next thing I find that my credit card is charged $19.95 for ID Protection that I did not agree to. I called and talked to a customer Svc Rep, name Betty and was informed that no refund would be issued. I notice that I was not the only one there are numerous complaints for the same thing! WOW what a ripoff? SEARCHERS BEWARE! Thank you for listening. John Rio Phenix City AL.

PS: I guess there is no recourse to obtain a refund.

• De
      Jan 18, 2010
    US Search - fraud
    US Search

Company had phone checked as AVAILABLE, bought it, no phone. Response from company was they didn't guarantee phone. YES, they did, with a checkmark saying they had it. Refused refund.

• De
      Feb 24, 2011

I totally agree. I did one search and they continued to bill me a monthly fee of $19.95! I called them and told them that I wanted to d/c my membership that I didn't even know I had. When I told them what a scam this was, Samuel in customer service agreed to credit me the last charge on my credit card. Beware of them - don't hand over your credit card number!

• Ra
      Feb 27, 2011
    US Search - Un authorized charge to bank account
    Us Search
    600 CORPORATE PT # 220
    Culver City
    California
    Phone: [protected]

I received a charge on my debit account in the amount of $14.00 from a company called Us Search. I never requested any services from this company nor have I ever heard of this company until I noticed the charge on my bank statement. This company is obivously commiting fraud.

• Li
      Mar 01, 2011
    US Search - no information
    us search website
    Massachusetts

i went to the www.ussearch.com website and i went on to find out a number that kept on harrasing my family and i paid money to them to get the name of the owner to the cell fone number from global crossing local service company. and i didnt get no name and no address from this website. im so mad and i dont want to pay anymore money to get information i shuld already have.

• Gr
      Mar 10, 2011

Thank you for the information. you guys saved me.

• Re
      Apr 13, 2011

They charged me to do a background check and then said that the state I wanted wasn't available. They refused to give me any of my money back, so I agree they are scammers!

• Fo
      Apr 28, 2011

I purchased a rental tenant screening from these guys and I paid for what I got. Then they signed me up for a monthly subscription and they charged me 19.95 for March and April. In April I found that it in my credit statement and called their number [protected] . They canceled the membership and they refunded only the April Membership. Never get anything from these guys. They are scammers.

• Ab
      Jun 10, 2011

I think these people should read what they are agreeing to before they go clicking buttons. The website clearly indicates that the special pricing is under "search and save" which is billed at a rate of 19.95/mth. I am so sick of all the victims out there that don't bother to read anything and then blame everyone else. If you pay the slightly higher price, you don't get billed a monthly fee. I used the service but took my time to read what I was agreeing to and the "search and save" wasn't for me so I paid the higher price. Oh and if you can't afford to eat, maybe performing background checks shouldn't be a priority for you! Hand on forehead!

• Su
      Jun 23, 2011

Thay just charged me 19.95 and I never did anything.

• Er
      Jul 03, 2011

So did anyone actually get the information they were looking for?

Feb 04, 2012

I checked an doubled read what I clicked I have canceled my account for 2 years now even got a new credit card an I am still getting charged I thought I was goin to find out who I am an who my birthparents r but all I got was a bill 2 year bill an a addresse that lead me to a dead woman but I guess it is ok cause I have went to other sites an researched but I will not give them my credit card number

• Ba
      Jun 11, 2012

They just did the same thing to me. I was very careful and I read everything, stating that I wanted only the one name, the one address, and the one phone number, for $1.95. They stuck me for an extra $19.95. I'm taking this laying down, I'm contacting the Better Business Bureau.

• Ba
      Jun 11, 2012

ussearch has over charged me. I was very careful and I read everything, stating that I wanted only the one name, the one address, and the one phone number, for $1.95. They stuck me for an extra $19.95.This is unfair, their must be something we can do? I'm not taking this laying down, I'm starting by contacting the Better Business Bureau.

Mar 11, 2014

Same here...did not find what I wanted & service was not complete, requested to cancel (within allotted time period ) and still was billed $17.47. As result was contacted by Fraud Unit of my bank and had to closeout card. Now have to fill out form and wait for new card. I feel I was scammed and inconvenienced.

•   Jul 20, 2016
    People-Search
    Las Vegas
    Nevada
    www.peoplesearch.com

I signed up, paid about 59.00 on Clickbank and have not had a successful search. I've tried to search myself and gave them every possible detail so they could find me but alas, they were not able to do so. There is no Customer Service to speak of, since it has a listed description of problems and none suggest the program simply doesn't work.

I doubt I'll get my money back and I certainly can't get even the basic information.

Aug 05, 2016
    US Search - added charges
    us search
    New York

This website is a scam. Something should be done about them already. How many people will they rob before you do something about it.

• Be
      Aug 05, 2016

I agreed to a search for $1.95 which they took out of my account and 6 weeks later they deducted $19.95 out of my account. They say that I signed up for a monthly deduction which I did not. When I called to complain about it they then tried to get me to agree to $14.95 a month. They say they are taking me off their list but refuse to reimberse me for the money they already took out. They are nothing but scammers.

• Ge
      May 27, 2017

SCAM - I paid for one search. Started getting billed monthly. Called and asked to stop the subscription. They stopped. Two months later the billing resumed. Calle again. They stopped. Now, 6 months later another credid call charge shows up. Feeling livid. Thieves!

• Tj
      May 27, 2017

OMG...old people yelling at clouds with no concept of how the internet works. Unplug your computers immediately,