US Robotics Fingerprint Device / This program sucks!

United States Review updated:
The fingerprint device for allowing the user not to remember passwords is flawed. You place our finger on the device and it automatically enters your password at many web site locations. Immediately after loading the program, on my hp pavillion dv8000 laptop with 512mb of ram, i noticed it was becoming unstable. I had to reboot 3 or 4 times a day as basic functions stopped working from email to web pages to excel programs, etc. I defragged my computer, did the re-registry program and all the maintenance stuff i could think of. No improvement at all. So i took it off my computer via the uninstall process. Now my computer works like a brand new machine. They can say what they will say....user is an idiot, it is the users computer, etc....but i know that the seven i planned to give for Christmas, won't happen. I could not do this to my friends. I have not contacted US robotics as it is not worth the time; an item like this should have been tested before putting it out there for users to buy.

N  8th of Apr, 2009 by

U.S. Robotics - Don't do business with them
U.S. Robotics

We recieved a faulty network card from U.s. Robotics. We have spent the last several months trying to resolve the problem. We are unable to speak to anyone other than the supervisor, "Art", who just can't help us.

He never returns calls, emails or follows up on the promises that he makes. If products that work are important to you, I would highly recommend that you choose a different company to do business with.