US Fidelis / Scam Artists

1 Wentzville, MO, United States Review updated:

I have been seeing the US Fidelis commercial on TV and became curious about their warranty because my car has over 70, 000 miles on it. I called and some pushy salesman tried to get me to buy RIGHT NOW, like it was life or death. I continued to ask more questions and he continued to ask me for my Visa or MasterCard; I am guessing at least 4 times. I asked that he put some information in the mail so that I could review it and he stammered around telling me that he would not be able to offer this price again. Then he
backed off a little and said if I could give my credit or debit account number he could hold the price. I didn’t give it but I know he has my phone number as he had asked if this number was where he could get in touch with me. I did not give my address. I hung up the phone and I am fairly certain I will be called.

I thought it would be smart to check into the company as the commercial is the first time I had heard about them. I Googled their company and WOW, was I glad I did not buy anything from them!

They used to be Dealer Services and National Auto Warranty Services. This is the same company that I saw on television about sending out postcards to people tricking them into believing they were from their dealership. The logo they used looked like GM but was DS. VERY deceiving. I looked up their rating from the Better Business Bureau and they have an F. Not a good report card, I 'd say!

Also they are being investigated by numerous State Attorney General’s and have open lawsuits. Missouri filed one in 2008 according to the BBB and I found an article on the state of Missouri Attorney General's website about them using deceptive marketing and calling people on DO NOT CALL, and fraud. Here is another interesting thing: When I scrolled through the Google Search results I find out there is a ****CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT**** against them.

The law firm Casey and Devoti is handling the class action lawsuit and there website is:
http://www.caseydevoti.com/news.php#9 . Their phone number and email is on their website. It says they are offering free consultations so if you have been ripped off by US Fidelis, National Auto Warranty Services, or Dealer Services at 100 Mall Parkway or 200 Mall Parkway in Wentzville, MO……CALL THE LAWYERS!

Comments

• Jj
      25th of Mar, 2009

weve been fans of rusty wallace's for a long time and we were really surprised that his team would take us fidelis as a sponsor. write him and tell him what u think about us fidelis http://www.rustywallace.com/contact_us.html

• Ke
      30th of Mar, 2009

Wow!!! Thank you to all who have posted your comments. I was just about to go on their web site and get this warranty. When I clicked the US Fidelis web page from the list of links from google I caught a glimps of "US Fidelis is a scam" from one of the other links listed on the page. I backed out of the US Fidelis web page fast and started looking, and I am glad I did. Thank you all for telling it like it is you saved me lots of money. Question, has anyone found a warranty that is good?

• Ke
      23rd of Apr, 2009

ok first off the the salesman r telling you the truth the reason why they say they will not be able to offer that price again is becuase the contract are issued on a mileage and state basis. if you have 70, 000 miles on your vehicle and then you dont take it and then you call back 3 months later your not going to be able to get the same policy you were offered, so if you were offered the bumper to bumper and then 3 months later you called back you would more then likely only get the power train.

as for calls made out to customer, that is completely false, us fidelis does not make outbound calls, when us fidelis was dealer services they were about 4 or 5 other companies who had the exact same name, so other warranties companys call and people think it is us, when they actually have never spoken with them before

as for the BBB, yes they have an f rating, but as of today the company has only a couple unresolved complaints, but the BBB fails to show that, another reason they have an f is because the BBB makes company's pay to be on the BBB, so if you don't pay then it lowers your rating.

and as for being frauds, i wouldn't say that a company who all together has been in business for over 30 years, a fraud, yes us fidelis as in the building that is located in wentzville has only been around for a little over 5 years, but like i said all together the business has been there for 30 years.

i was an upset customer for just one moment, until i actually called in to us fidelis the other day, and talked to some very extraordinarily wonderful customer service. They helped me understand so much more then i did, and i am very lucky to hae this insurance with them and i plan on keeping it to the end.

• Tt
      23rd of Apr, 2009

Take it from me, I used to work at this company, take it from someone who knows about it all too well... IT IS A COMPLETE RIP OFF! Everything you are reading about this company is T-R-U-E! They rip off the elderely and uneducated. One call I had with an elderly woman, and I actually made her cry because she could not afford it, but knew she needed the warranty badly. At that point, I couldn't do it anymore. I went to one of the mangers and said, "I just made a woman cry! I feel horrible!" His response was, "Well than you did a good job, maybe she will call back and buy a warranty!" Its a joke, these warranties only cover engine and transmission mainly, and they also say there is a cut off ... its completely bogus... DO NOT BUY FROM THESE ###!

24th of Apr, 2009

I am so glad I to te time check this co out on line before I bougt the policy. I talked to aguy this morning who wa als very pushy about signng up toay. He said, I would rally be upset if I didn't do itrigt ow and when I left had car problems. I will tell you a story about an auto body shop here in Clearwater, FL that took me to the cleaners. He a supposed to fix my water pump I got my car back 9 days later. In thos 9 days had caused over $1800.00 in damage due to his negligence. He used a hammer & a pry to remove plastic pulleys. The crank shaft pulley was for a 1999 car my car is a 2000. It didn't fit so he tried to make it fit by beating it on with hammer. It's unreal how many crooks are out there just waiting to take advantage of someone. I am a senior citizen on a fixed income. You don't know who to trust.

• Va
      28th of Apr, 2009

ke2007 works for US Fidelis. That, or he is an idiot who believed some Awesome lies. I can sit here all day and write how bad US Fidelis is. Examples will not explain anything. I was in the Warranty business, and I know for a fact that US Fidelis is doing this to make as much money as possible. Consider this, they have been doing this for years. National Dealer warranty, Dealer Services, are just a few of their names. They will make a bunch of money, then change the name and do it all over again. And the best part is, the same people that they have been ripped of will be ripped off again by them under a different name. There is only one good compnay out there, but I am not allowed to say their name anymore. Ifyou think that for one reason or another you might be able to get a good deal from US Fidelis, good luck. I don't think you will, but you're welcome to try. Keep in mind though that if you get ripped off you cannot do anything about it. Warranties are not insurance, and they are not regulated AT ALL!!! Good luck, and check everything you can.

• Ri
      3rd of Jun, 2009

This is to ke2007---you say the Better Business Bureau makes you pay to be a member and if you are not a member you get a bad rating? What is your source? I just looked up some businesses that are NOT members that have "A" ratings. One example is State Farm.

SCAM, LIARS, CON Artists...

• 28
      14th of Oct, 2009

I like the fact that you took your time out to write a bunch of nonsense on here and didn't even get screwed over by this company. Take some healthy advise: if you are not at least 99% sure you are going to make a purchase on the phone call, don't call at all. It is the job of the person answering the phone to get your money. Call centers like US Fidelis get thousands of calls per day and they are normally a bunch of broke pieces of garbage calling in, wanting a quote. The sales rep starts high and then will go down lower on the price over time. I can understand saying "no" because it doesnt fit into your budget. What I don't get is why the hell do you broke ###s call in when you know damn well you can't afford even 100 dollars a month. If you are that broke, you shouldn't be calling in. Even if you are calling in and want time to think about it. I don't get what there is to think about it. Either you want coverage or you don't. Getting figures and wanting to go over some brochure isn't going to make this any better. They could easily send you some fake literature and then it can be totally different when you agree to set up. Get with times, people! Car insurance, health insurance, and almost anything buy in this country is a scam. Scams were invented because there are a ton of dumb people out there. Don't get mad at someone just because they figured out how to get that dumb persons money. I used to work in sales for that company. I don't like US Fidelis but I also don't like all of you ###s who sit around, ### about all of these "scams" out there. Calling a company and ### about their sales tactics is like loading a gun, shotting yourself in the food, and then ### about your foot hurting so much. Leave them alone and they will leave you alone. You all want to act like victims out there. I have talked to thousands of Americans while doing this job and I will say this. The calling is 10 times more of a liar than the sales rep.

• Ri
      14th of Oct, 2009

To the 'Lame Americans' post: How dare you put all Americans in a class of being 'lame'. This is a website for consumers to share their experiences with one another and --if need be--warn one another. Thank Goodness for the internet so that we can do so. You sound like the narcissistic management of US Fidelis. Justice will be done when the place is put out of business. By the way, I suggest you rid yourself of your anger at the gym or maybe take anger management class.