UOL Mysite.com / unauthroized charge on Crecit Card

1 UT, United States Review updated:

I Charge of 79.00 appeared on my credit card statement listing UOL Mysite.com. dated December 02

Never did any business with them and had not authorized any transaction with them.
Reported to Credit Card Company to dispute the charge on Dec 13

Comments

• Ba
      3rd of May, 2009

Yes I also noticed unauthorized deductions of $6.95 on my debit card for two consecutive months - I intend to report the same

• Ly
      15th of Jun, 2009

They charged me for an automatic renewal, which occured on a Sunday. Their customer service center isn't open on Sundays, so I couldn't call until Monday. They said I had to cancel the day before or day of renewal. You can only cancel by phone, so this is impossible on the weekend!

• La
      12th of Jul, 2011

Continue to charge monthly fee after account was cancelled.

• Je
      2nd of Dec, 2015

In my case, I also thought I was being scammed, and my debit card info got into the wild, it turned out I was being billed $23.95 (UOL Mysite.com in the statement) a year because of a banner free website hosting service I subscribed to several years ago that I forgot.

I made a website years ago, back in 2001, and I upgraded to banner free service sometime later, then when MySpace, then Facebook came out, I forgot all about my ancient website.

• Fo
      17th of Dec, 2017

I was trying to sign up on www.50megs.com some days back with out success. On the 14-12-2017, i received a text message on cell phone that the sum of $25.95 has was authorized from my GTbank Naira master card. I have no idea what that was for.