Universal Trust And Finance Inc. / Fraudulant contest

1 101 King StreetMorriston, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 1-905-781-2156

Letter states that I won a Super Seven Contest for $250, 000.00 and must pay taxes of $2985.00 via moneygram at WalMart. With their letter was a phony check for $4880.00.

The letter says to call my claim agent George Benson for tax information at [protected].

More Universal Trust And Finance Inc. Complaints & Reviews

Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• So
      18th of Dec, 2012

TO: Universal Trust and Finance Inc.
    International Claim Department
    1047 King Street Morriston
    Ont N0B 2C3
    Office Hours: M-F:8AM-9PM, Sat:8AM-7PM

My name sopheaktra has somebody talk about universal trust and finance Inc can you explain about loan $250.000 ?
    1. Can i borrow money $250, 000 and interest years ?
    2. can u transfer money by bank or not?
    please reply to me by e-mail: pheaktra.ith@gmail.com

• Fr
      20th of Nov, 2010

I received the same grant home improvement letter with a check for $1990.00 for assistance with the disbursement and processing fees. The check was from Bank of New York Mellon. We get these all the time and it is such BULL that these people can't be stopped.

• Ra
      13th of Jul, 2010

My mother who is an 86 year old woman recieved this exact letter. Same information as the others. She called my older sister who investigated it and found this website. Shame on those who prey on the elderly people. It even stated in so many words in the later. There time will come. Taute

15th of Jun, 2010

Got a letter from Universal Financial Inc. The letter was mailed to my 12 year old son, saying he was chosen for some kind of home improvement grant.They sent him a check for $3, 375 and said we had to send the money in for processing fees. They told us to call Frank Daniels @ 1-289-892-3615 to get the check approved. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM...please be AWARE!!! Here is some information they put in the letter.

Universal Financial Inc.
    P.o Box 2877
    Brooklyn, NY 11233

The name and address on the check
    Universal Homes Inc.
    P.O Box 1890 New York, NY 10021
    NBT Bank
    Lake Placid, NY

• Sc
      18th of May, 2010

Just recieved my 4885.00 check from my 250000.00 winnings in a contest I never entered or have never heard about. They are getting better because the letter looks really official, however I looked up the "wild West Domains, inc" who the check is drawn on and found minor descreapancies in the address such as suite # 219 instead of 229 which is listed as their number, street name was misspelled by one letter, Scottsdale, AZ was misspelled by one letter and zipcode was off by one number. Not the type of mistakes that a bank or company makes on a legitimate check. However at first glance a very good forgery. my Claim agent is Susan Black and of course it is supposed to be " CONFIDENTIAL"

• Do
      1st of May, 2010

Just received the same letter, here it is 2010 and they are still scamming people. Why can't they be stopped?

• Fb
      10th of Apr, 2010

i recieved my check for $4885.00 today (4/10/2010).
    it was on a check headed "fashions by penina" in marlton, nj. that company does exist.
    it was drawn on "commerce bank", 336 route 70, marlton nj 08053. that bank does exist.
    i will be calling both to inform them their businesses are being used as well as the pa attorney generals office.
    scam no more.

• Cl
      10th of Apr, 2010

Received the same letter and check mentioned here.
    Very interesting reading, I must say!
    Here's the kicker: They supply me with a check for $4885.00, but I have to send them back $2985.00 for taxes?
    Since when can you pay your taxes via Walmart with a Moneygram?

Oh, and they URGE ME to keep notice of my winnings confidential!

I'm sure they don't want me to tell someone who could alert me to the scam before I cash that check and mail them the money, right?

People, this is a common scam: they take advantage of those looking for something for nothing.
    In today's economic conditions, many people pray that these scams are real, so they can pay off debt or go an a vacation they can't afford.

It's just unfortunate that individuals mailing out these scams are not held responsible and punished for their deeds.

All one can do is toss it all in the shredder.

You stand a 100% better chance by playing the lottery, which is little chance at best.

If you cash these checks you've already lost but it may take a few days or weeks to find out.

Hear what others are saying here and throw the stuff away! Don't become a victim!

• Qu
      3rd of Apr, 2010

My father got the same $4, 885.00 check today. It looked realistic, but had the same unrealistic tax information ($2, 985.00) on winnings of $250, 000.00. It was written is if from a legitimate business with a real bank in NJ. We had a good laugh about it, then he gave it to the cop who lives next door. The ironic thing was that the Canadian postmark bore the words "Prevent Fraud" in both English and French!
    I caution the woman who was actually able to cash the check to hold on to the money. These crooks are using real accounts from unsuspecting and uninvolved businesses. It's remotely possible that a fraudulant check could be honored initially, but eventually the mistake will be detected. We thought it was funny, because it was obviously a scam, but I feel sorry for those who have fallen for it or have had their hopes falsely elevated. The people running the Universal Trust and Finance Inc. dupe should be relentlessly sought after and punished. However, I seriously doubt that anything will be done. Peace.

• Rs
      1st of Mar, 2010

Received the same letter today, googled Diver's Supply in Jacksonville, FL, they are aware someone is using their name for this fraudulent. I also contacted Wal-Mart as they are being utilized in this scam as well.

• As
      16th of Feb, 2010

Received a letter from Universal Trust and Fimance Inc today with same check $4, 885 - same crap everyone else ab ove has gotten. I agree, these crooks should be caught and punished - where has integrity, honesty and conscience gone? I've always heard about the scams, never thinking I would fall for something like that, and I fell when I was told I was the winner of $350, 000 cash and a check for $100, 000 taxes already paid, but I had to pay for a bond in the amount of $3, 000. I fell for it - all common sense left my intelligent brain focusing how my financial hardship would be resolved and I wasted $3, 000 of my hard earned money, and have been beating myself up ever since. I reported this to the FTC because they used their agency name, identified themself from the Currency Division, (they look for pattterns - and don't act on individual complaints), the FBI, had to file a local police report, now I'm in their system, and the FCC - no government agency cares - it dawned on me an hour too late that it was a scam and I tried to cancel the transaction, but the money had already been picked up, I'm sure they had a good laugh at me, and I am living the shame of being scammed. I can't tell a soul - then they had the audacity to call me back and said my package got stopped in Customs in LV and I needed to send $18, 000 to claim it - with a contact name - so I called the McCarron Airport Human Resources - there is no one by that name there - when they called me back I asked how they could sleep at night - with all that sales talent - and they are pros - why can't they make an honest living. They insisted it was legit and they'd try to get me a government loan to pay for the customs, blah, blah, blah, I told them I was not sending another dime. They made me waste my day waiting, I had to work to make up my hours missed from work, I was sick. Now I must have gotten on a mailing list because I now won $250, 000! What a world we live in. Thank you for this site - I was able to at least unload some of my shame.

• Ha
      10th of Feb, 2010

I received this letter today, saying I had won $250, 000.00 in the Super Seven Contest, and I was to keep it confidential, and send in the taxes which is $2985.00 on the the $250, 000.00. I could send a Monegram from Walmart or Western Union, I would be receiving tax information from claim agent Tom Howard. I knew right away this was a fraud. I called and said is this a scam? The man speaking like a foreigner, said call back in 15 minutes. Scam...of course I won't be calling back. I am going to send this to the
    Attorney General of the United States. By the way the check looks real and drawn on the Wachovia Bank, N. A. from New Jersey. What a scam...

• Tr
      1st of Feb, 2010

I received this same letter today in the mail. It was from Universal Trust and Finance Inc telling me that I had won a Super Seven Contest and $250, 000.00. There was a check for $4885.oo from a Thomas Scientific Co included and a number to call before depositing the check. My claim agent was listed as Tom Howard. I was certain it was a scam but decided to call and have a little fun with this. So I called. I should have known as soon as a man with a Nigerian accent answered, that I was right that it was a scam. I asked them how I won a contest that I never entered. He said my name was entered randomly from places that I shop. He basically recited the whole letter back to me and stressed that I keep this confidential. He told me to call him back after I deposited the check. At that point I told him I thought it was a scam and I asked him why the check is from a Wachovia Bank in NJ, and the envelope had a stamp from Canada. He seemed to get very agitated with me and insisted it was not a scam and that I would be getting a cashiers check for the remainder of the money. I never deposited the check and I guess as the old saying goes...if it seems too good to be true, then it is too good to be true.

• Fm
      26th of Jan, 2010

I wish there was something that we could do to stop these people. They should all be in jail. I 'm not trying to single out any one group, but the guy that I talked to was Asian. This same thing happened to my grandson. He wasn't smart enough to listen and spent part of the money. Now he owes the bank over one thousand dollars. The guy that he spoke to was Asian also.

• Rd
      26th of Jan, 2010

I received the same letter and check written on a check from Phoenix Air check drawn on Wachovia Bank out of Rome, GA. I wish I had the guts that one person had to deposit the check and get that money. Don't know how she got to be so lucky, it would bounce on me. Anyway I am glad to know it is a fraud before I got all excited about it. The companys whom have had their identy stolen are also victims.

• Er
      10th of Jan, 2010

Ok, I'm the next unsuspecting soul who received the same BS letter about the prize winning $250, 000.00. How cruel can a body be especially in light of our present economy? Good thing the letter arrived on a Saturday. I lost sleep last night, made plans, agonized and was literally torn apart. Then I researched. The Company and the Bank seemed to be in good standing but then I picked the letter apart...no logo, improper formatting, no Dear Ms. So n So, and that key phrase "Keep this CONFIDENTIAL" threw up red flags in addition to the question, how the freak is $2, 985 enough taxes on $250, 000.00? Needless to say, further research this morning led me to this site and I'd like to thank everyone for their comments especially the ones advising not to call the agent and the person who figured out the proper amount of taxes that would be due. So now, what CAN we do to put a stop to the cruelty?

ER-F

• Rl
      28th of Dec, 2009

Ok my mom got the same check and letter. The company on the check that was sent to her is Divers Supply in Charlotte, NC . I looked it up on the internet and it looks lagit but hey what do I know. The check also is a real (looking) check from through Bank of America. I am glad she asked me before she tried to deposit the check. People are horrible.

21st of Dec, 2009

I too got the same letter titled Universal Trust and Finance Inc and a check from Wachovia Bank for $4, 885. Plus, I have been HOUNDED with phone calls from these crooks. I will need to block their calls and of course, tear up this bogus check! Be Careful.

• Jd
      21st of Dec, 2009

my letter was the same but this time it was a check from Wachovia Bank.
    I have reported this to the FBI but they don't seem to care. It is so sad that they can get away with this scam. They are making millions of dollars off of honest hard working people.

• Jd
      21st of Dec, 2009

I received the same letter today in the mail along with a check for $4885.00. I also received 3 phone calls in the last 2 days claiming to be the supervisor and they wanted to know why I was worried and wouldn't wire the money since I received the check to cover the cost. I told them because the check is a FAKE. I got the same kind of a check 2 years ago and when I deposited in my bank the money was taken back out one week later stating it was a bad check. When is the government going to do something about this. How can they say they can't trace this. How many people have these people scammed and got away with. I am glad I checked the name of the company on the internet before acting. I have even called the FBI and filed a report they don't seem to care or they just don't want to stop it. There has to be something we can do to stop this...