Universal Fun Pass / Fraud and cheating

Universal Fun Pass
On January 7 2009 i was contacted by phone from this company saying that i have won a free trip to flordia plus tons of bonuses!! they were very fast talking and had all my information already.

Next thing i knew i was talking to someone else and they were asking for my credit card number so they could authorize to see if i was able to pay the registration fee!!! after that all i know is that i was given a confirmation number and they processed and charged my card with out me telling them too! when i tried to tell them no that i did not want the package they said it was too late!!!

Beware!! they will talk you into it and never really let you know what they are doing!! i feel extremely used and stupid for falling for it and want to make sure that this doesn't happen to any one else.

i am working with my credit card company to see if i can get this resolved... however i am getting the run around there too!

More Universal Fun Pass Complaints & Reviews

Plus Universal Fun Pass - Phone Scam [14]
Plus Universal Fun Pass - never got anything [1]

A  19th of Jan, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I had the same thing happen to me it really sucked. I filed a report with the BBB as well as the RCMP phonebusters.com, I recommend you do the same as the more reports on the scam the sooner the company gets shut down! Sorry to hear I was not the only one!
A  19th of Jan, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
This company is definitely a fraud they also go by Universal Adventure! I guess they change their name every year or so!
A  3rd of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I had this happen to me on January 21, I'm still trying to fight this... I will try, as suggested, to file with BBB and the RCMP. Also, I will try to get media coverage, at least in my area, through "Olsen on your side". Unfortunately people only go searching about this on the net when it's already too late...
N  15th of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
You guys are silly this is not a scam you listened to it over the phone and they tell that it is not a contest or lottery you did not win anything they never say that. You are the ones who give you credit card number over the phone. You do get your vaction information in your emails did you not? It is actually a good deal 498.00 dollars for an 11 day vaction I mean come on? with the hotels included??!!
N  8th of Mar, 2009 by
On the 10th of January 2009 at approximately 7:30 pm GMT I received a telephone call from a woman claiming to be called Varsy working for Universal Fun Pass. I was particularly tired from a very stressful day at work and was thrilled to hear that I had 'won' a holiday to Florida.

Varsy told me at great speed that I had won a free holiday to Orlando for 5 days and 4 nights with two passes for Universal Studios but also that I would be going to Daytona Beach for 5 days and 4 nights with a casino cruise thrown in.

All the time she kept asking if I was excited and thrilled to be the proud winner fo this holiday. Of course I was. I haven't been on holiday since 2006! Plus she told me we would also be going to the Bahamas for 4 days and 3 nights! Again the questions of are you excited etc etc. Then she practically shouts that I can take two other people free of charge.

These people are very skilled in bamboozling you, convincing you that every word they say is true. I was so thrilled to have won a 'free' holiday that I found myself agreeing to hand over my Visa details. I had no clue what was happening as I was completely drawn in by Varsy, her rapid speech and thoroughly convincing tone.

I ended up paying $398 because my visa debit card would not authorize anymore, if it had I would have lost $798 Varsy had said that I could pay the rest in $50 installments. I was confused at this point because I was still under the impression this was a free holiday and I was incredibly tired which allowed me to be completely thrown by her skill.

The next day I realized what had happened to me and I called back to ask for a refund as the money had been obtained through fraudulent means. I was told in no uncertain terms that I had agreed to a non refundable payment. Why I asked was I paying for a free holiday?

The woman, Tanya, called my bank and we both spoke to the customer services helpline. She insisted that I had agreed to a nonrefundable sum and my bank refused to speak when she was on the phone. She put the phone down cutting us all off. I spoke again to my bank who said that because I had willingly given over my details despite feeling that they had been fraudulently acquired, refused to demand the money back from Universal Fun Pass.

I feel completely violated and will never trust another internet holiday site again. Nor will I ever pass on my details to anyone whom I haven't met in person.

I would like to warn people of this company they are exceptionally skilled scam artists who will take your money and run. They know all the regulations for Visa and the chances of you being ripped off is huge.
N  7th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I just got this phone call - she insisted she needed to speak to my husband - I finally got a bit rude with her - when she said it was $249/person she says "aren't you excited????!!!"...I said.sure...but I'm not paying that fee...she hung up on me! lol
A  28th of Jan, 2010 by
This scam still continues, and is being discussed at scamwarners.com.

Please copy and paste this URL into your browser.