United Bilt Homes / my home, a builders nightmare rotten floors

1 Bossier City, LA, United States

Where do I start in January 2009 they began building our house shortly after we moved in it around May we had a lot of cracks in our ceiling, due to the house settling they would send this older gentleman out to just paint over it basically this went off and on until about five years lot of condensation in the windows right after don't really know much about that, then around September 2015 I noticed soft spot in my floor call The builders about it. They sent someone out in October he took pictures and looked at it said they would get back with me I called and called finally the end of January someone else came out he looked at it call me back to let me know that it was not covered and how I could fix the problem . When our house was built they insulated under our house it is pier and beam is bricked down there was mortar in between the so-called ventilation or cinder blocks on the other side ventilation. So we got under the house and removed all the insulation and's start removing mold from all the moisture up under the house. Oh by the way because we had an open deck around back and flowerbeds in the front that's what caused the moisture problem that we would should have called them before we build a deck, or had flowerbeds around our house. Good excuse for them ! we have been putting in new vents, actual vents, laid plastic under the house to keep the moisture down fans under the house to dry replaced lots of beams, rotten beams and I now we are going to have to rip the floor out of our living room, kitchen and our laundry room and replace all of it because they use OSB once it dries it's just rotten and our floor that we paid a lot of money for on top of that, they did not put a sub floor. There is literally spots if you step in it you're going to go through the floor all against the wall under around the kitchen cabinets and in the middle of the floor .according to everybody we have talk to, is nothing we can do about it out of warranty and out-of-pocket expense .That the major problem and alots of minor problems that we should not have with a house that was built in 2009. do not have this company build a house for you and if you choose to. I suggest you hire an inspector to inspect your house before five years is up .and I'm sure they'll still find someway to get out of anything that needs to be fixed.

Ro