Unified Services / Fraud and cheating!

I am lucky enough to see this forum in time. Just like others, i did get a call asking for 1.95$ and the guy was trying to be really polite. He had all my information along with my bank's routing number. He wanted he number for my checking account. I kept on asking him, how did i get into this, when i never left my information anywhere but that idiot kept on giving me lame reasons that looked convincing at that time. Anyhow i was never gonna give my account number but still he managed to take the time to call me. I am saved because i had doubts and also i got to see this forum which proved be really helpful. But these as***** must be stopped robbing innocent people who could fall easily to their trap.

Thanks again.

Ka

Comments

• Sm
      19th of Aug, 2007

This company has called me 4 times so far and each time I've told them I am not interested. I don't know how they got my name and address, but they knew it when they called me. I'm hoping that they don't somehow have my account information. I'm submitting this complaint because of the other people who have fallen victim to this companies' scams and fraud.

28th of Aug, 2007

Sm,

We found your complaint against our company posted on https://www.complaintsboard.com.

Our company offers a free 3 day 2 night hotel stay and a complimentary Internet shopping spree. Additionally, we offer 10-day trials for three other services; long distance, internet and a weight loss supplement, which are also available to our customers.

Our trial offers are of exceptional quality and value. Our long distance program; Call USA is a calling card that can be used from any touchtone telephone. We offer unlimited calling anywhere in the United States and International calling to over 70 countries. Our service is a one-of-a-kind and is offered for only $23.97 a month.

The 2nd program we offer is for Internet service. Online Advantage offers unlimited high-speed dial-up Internet access to over 10,000 locations nationwide (great for traveling). We have one of the most competitive prices on the market at only $17.99 a month with no contract, so you can cancel when you like.

Our last program is for a dietary weight loss supplement called Ultra Thermo Boost 2000. Our product contains the safe natural weight loss ingredient, Hoodia. Our trial includes 20 pills which is a 10-day supply, absolutely free.

We apologize for any frustration or concern this may have caused you. If you have any further questions or concerns feel free to contact customer service at the number listed below. Our customer service center is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time. Over 90% of our calls are answered in less than 4 minutes.

• As
      15th of Sep, 2007

Hey, I'm Ashley, and a 23 year old college student. I have the letter that Unified Services sent me with my "free trial offers', which is stated in this letter that I received from them, along with the $1000 online shopping spree-which I did not use. Like you guys, I too was a victim to them. I naively (naive-ly) gave them my account number, and other personal information, and they made a fraudulent check of $149.80 against my OLD account. Yup, I CLOSED that account. MY MOM and I informed the bank immediately of what happened. I wrote to the FTC, federal trade commission, inspector general, put a fraud alert with Equifax and Experian. I contacted the sheriff here in my area.

Today, I found the letter that Unified Services sent to me, and I highlighted the parts about "free trial offers" and that the only thing I would have to pay for is a small shipping and handling fee. I also kept the gift certificate, which I NEVER USED. It's right beside the letter sent to me by them. I'M going to inform my mom and dad on this documentation, and my mom's friend has a position above the bank tellers in our area at our bank, my mom and I are at the same bank AND WHEN UNIFIED SERVICES STOLE THAT MONEY FROM ME---THEY ALSO STOLE FROM MY MOM AS WELL. My mom happens to work for a Law firm. My boyfriend's mom is a paralegal. I plan to show her this documentation, the letter sent to me by Unified Services and the gift certificate, tomorrow.

I know better now, and I've learned my lesson. NEVER GIVE OUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, ESPECIALLY ACCOUNT NUMBERS AND SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS, to people THAT YOU DON'T KNOW. BE WISE.

18th of Sep, 2007

My mother is being debited from her account $69.93 every month from this company since July 2007. So I decided to do a search and was directed to this website. I have been reading the complaints posted to Unified Services and they seem to have happened to my mom. She claims though that she doest know who these people are or how they got to her account. Since I see that there is an offer for Vacations, Internet shopping spree, and Thermo boost 2000 is related in the comments back to one of the many complaints I read "Unauthorized funds drafted from my account" posted:2007-05-30 by Adero Ramsier. We have received in the mail the details of what the vacation package has to offer and the weight loss supplement. As Andero wrote in his complaint my mother claimed the agent said the supplements were for free and was told the same that there is a just a small fee of $1.95 for shipping & handling. Then why the extra charge of $69.93? To me this has Scam written all over it. I was not aware of the charges until recently until I looked into her checking account to see if her insurance was being paid.

My poor mother who is elder recovering cancer patient and who has been through Chemotherapy, is not as sharp as most people who can pick up on these scams was definitely taken advantage of. I would like for my mom to have all her money refunded to her because if any agreement was made at all it should not be held liable due to that fact of her disabled physical and mental state.

Unified Services Company is wrong and is taking advantage of people who can't afford such large amounts of loses.

• Sh
      19th of Sep, 2007

2 calls in the same day from the same person. How do they get unlisted and DNC phone numbers. If I had their address I would start a complaint this is an 11,000 call. 1000 interest spending spree my foot! What a scam. There should be a law
    that they will be put out of business!!!

Ashley Wood,

The only reason why you would have been debited is because you failed to cancel in the allotted trial time period. Our customer service center is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time. Over 90% of our calls are answered in less than 4 minutes.

Our company prides itself in our excellent customer service and the minimal amount of complaints we receive. If you are unhappy with the service you have received or we have made an error on your account please e-mail me directly and we will provide you with a full refund.

We hope that we can work out an amiable solution to your complaint. Please e-mail me directly with the last 4 digits of your phone number and your full name and the state in which you live, so that I can locate your account and note, if necessary, that you are to be issued a full refund.

Sally Anne Malan,

The only reason why your mother would have been debited is because she failed to cancel in the allotted trial time period. Our customer service center is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time. Over 90% of our calls are answered in less than 4 minutes.

We hope that we can work out an amiable solution to your complaint. Please e-mail me directly with the last 4 digits of your mother’s phone number, her full name and the state in which she lives, so that I can locate her account and note, if necessary, that she is to be issued a full refund.

Shirley Gazzola,

Each of our orders are recorded by a third-party verification company. We verify that each order is valid and that the customer did in fact agree to each trial. Additionally, when our customers agree to the trials, they are provided with each of the customer service numbers with which to cancel should they choose to do so before the end of their 10-day trial as not to be charged. The only reason why a customer would be debited is because they failed to cancel in the allotted trial time period

If you would like me to personally make sure your name is off our calling list please provide me via e-mail with your name, phone number and your address, and I will take care of that for you.

Our company prides itself in our excellent customer service. Our customer service center is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time. Over 90% of our calls are answered in less than 4 minutes.

Again we apologize for any frustration or concern this has caused you. Please contact us with any further questions or comments.

Kashif,

We apologize for any frustration or concern this has caused you. Please contact us with any further questions or comments.