UCLA Hospital / Poor Health Care Providers

1245 16th Street, Santa Monica, CA, United States
Phone: (310) 319-3475

I had a spine operation performed at UCLA Hospital and there were a number of errors, mistakes instances of negligence. My operation was a complete failure and recovery was uncomfortable because most of the staff was marginally competent.

My main complaint with UCLA is that the surgeon did not perform the surgical procedure that we had discussed. Instead, that procedure was substituted for another procedure that I was not informed about and would never have agreed to. A piece of surgical hardware that was supposed to be installed during my surgery was not installed so I did not get what I paid for.

On top of being lied to about the procedure I would receive, everything that could have gone wrong with regards to my operation went dropped or fell from a gurney, it would explain why my spinal fusion didn't take and why my entire operation was a failure.UCLA referred my complaints to Sedgewick who has an awful reputation for denying legitimate claims. Sedgewick advised UCLA not to even answer the questions I have about my operation.UCLA is not interested in helping me to recover from the injuries they caused and they are not interested in preventing their other patients from suffering the same injuries.wrong. The spinal fluid sack was punctured and I got an infection from the hospital. I was warned about the potential for these mishaps so I am not concerned about them but it does reflect poorly on the hospital and the doctors.

I am also very concerned that while under anesthesia, I received a cut below my eye that none of the hospital staff could explain. Either I was left unattended in an area where I could have received a serious eye injury or the staff is lying. Either way, I don't know how I sustained the injury. If I was scraped by a surgical instrument I may have contracted a disease and not even know it. If I was dropped or fell from a gurney, it would explain why my spinal fusion didn't take and why my entire operation was a failure.

Pa