UCB Collections / collection calls

1 San Francisco, CA, United States Review updated:

I have been receiving calls on my cell personal phone at work. I receive calls in the early morning, late night on on my home phone from this person by the name of Craig calling from UCB collections wanting me to give a message to [email protected][email protected] I do not see my neice much less talk to her.. I told him I would give her the message when and if I see her. He is rude and I want UCB to stop calling me and harrassing me !. this my personal cell phone used for my family not for this rude person. He called me names and should not be allowed to be talking to anybody like that. He is disrespectfuland out right MEAN! I am not the person in collections.. my goodness! [protected] ext. 63712 claim# [protected]. Please Make him STOP calling me.

Comments

• Sh
      26th of Dec, 2010
    UCB Collections - Bill for $326 on credit dont know for what purpose
    UCB Collections
    5620 Southwyck Blvd ste. 206
    Toledo
    Ohio
    Phone: 1-800-999-9637

UCB Collections just appeared on credit report on 12/25/2010 for balance owed for $326. I have never heard of this agencyc and have not recieved any type of letter for collections. I am egore to know with this is reference to considering i am currently in a chapter 13 and do not owe any bills outside of the bankruptcy.

• Ll
      5th of Mar, 2011

Oh i agree and just had the same thing happen this am, he stated i had an acct placed with them from columbia gas from 3 years ago. I asked for a letter with the columbia gas acct number on it for verification he stated no they sent one in June(this is march). i stated i apologize but I never recd such a letter and i havent lived at that address for going on 4 years now i find it odd they are just now contacting me-- he became increasingly more rude to me and harrassing- i said i would give him no financial info over the phone and he stated he was just going to place negative info on my credit report i said well do what you have to do then, all i am asking for is a letter for validation and i will take care of the bill he refused and said i havent taken care of it in 9 months and i asked him if he was really going to argue with me on the phone about money he could get if he just sent me a letter with the columbia gas acct number and amt owed and he said yes, then said he was going to make sure i paid for it and was going after my credit report then hung up on me... ????? this is a reputable company

• To
      20th of Apr, 2011

Some chump named Glen Miller called with a columbia gas account while I'm working at my job, I asked him don't call and the ### Glenn miller said who cares if your at work, we're gonna start garnishing wages, and besides, they don't garnish Glenn u ###ing ###. ### ucb and this dude, very rude. I would have whooped his ### if he was in front of me. He doesn't know how to do his job without threatening people. ### then wants to threaten my job. What a ###, u work ###ing collections, you just one paycheck short from the unemployment line yourself ###. I have filed a complaint on illegal practice, maybe these dicks should just read the laws before they start harassing people. ### UCB.

• Ge
      2nd of May, 2011

UCB claims to ahdere to FDCPA rules and regulations...they do not. That conpany is nothing but a recycling center for collectors. They have no respect for their employees. Collectors are treated like animals. During training they make you believe your will make a fortune in bonuses ... NOT TRUE. They never pay a cent in incentives regardles of the amount of hours you work or the money you bring in . The working environment and culture at their call centers in Miramar, Fl and Davie, Fl is that of a federal penitenciary. They never pay for overtime although collectors are forced to work sometimes on Sundays, in addition to a long week . Managers and supervisors dont last. There is a high ranking manager by the name of Sunja who lacks decency and finess when dealing with his managers . This man is a "Pig" whose only tool to speak to an employee is intimidation. Why has not the Sate of Florida Labor Department NOT investigated this company ? Why has the Federal Trade Commission NOT investigated this company?
    BE AWARE AND CHECK THE FACTS BEFORE YOU APPLY FOR WORK AT UCB...YOU MAY BE BETTER OFF DELIVERING PIZZAS THAN BEING HUMILIATED AND ABUSED.