True Homes-Charlotte / customer service

1 Charlotte, NC, United States Review updated:

In March, after looking for house, my wife and I decided to build a house with True Homes in the Charlotte/Huntersville area. We met with the agent Sean Melquist in his office and after looking at floor plans, we decided to sign a contract and give our $500 earnest money deposit. At the time of signing, we had concerns regarding the drainage of the lot that was offered, Mr. Melquist stated that he would contact the builder and we would find out the answer. It has now been over a month since we asked our question about the drainage and we still have not received an answer from Mr. Melquist. We have sent periodic emails and texts asking about the situation and rarely is any communication received from Mr. Melquist regarding this issue or we are told its being looked into and as time passes, we are never given an answer. We are beyond frustrated with True Homes and Sean Melquist and I advise you that if you happen to walk into his Charlotte office, turn around and walkout, you will be grateful that you did. The customer service up until contract signing and earnest money deposit is excellent but once they have your signatures and money, you are nothing more than an afterthought. I do believe they offer a quality product but don't expect to receive quality customer service or any type of communication after being hassled to sign the contract and hand over the $500.

Hu
Apr 27, 2013

Comments

• Do
      24th of Jan, 2016

I agree with the women on True Homes, this company is the worst of the worst. I hope enough complaints come in about them to have them put out of business. They hire the cheapest people to do the work. Been in my home for 6 mo and it is constant every week being fixed. The outside wall twisted, then the inside wall 3 in the hall had to be torn out, and it still isn't right. the crown modeling is all separated, the whole house is MDF. The worst house I have ever owned.And yes the steam when cooking has been an issue, having a contractor coming in to vent it outside at a cost of $350.00 Bull Crap, along with fireplace issues, wich finally has been resolved. This home is buildin Calabash, N.C.