Travelex / Refund
We purchased travel insurance on December 31 from Travelex for a cruise we would be taking the next October. We subsequently decided to cancel the trip on January 16. The cruise company charged us $50 pp to cancel but Travelex says that since we didn't cancel within 10-days they won't give us any refund of our $212 premium. We canceled only 6-days after the cancellation period and the trip was still more than 9-months away. The reason we didn't cancel within the 10-days was due to a death in our immediate family on January 7 that required out-of-state travel.
After explaining all this we were told the best they would do is give us a 1-year extension to use the insurance. I am still trying to speak to someone in authority at the company to see if I can get them to give us a refund.
More Travelex Complaints & Reviews
- Travelex - Horrible exchange rate 
- Travelex employment scam - Travelex company name being used for scam 
- travelex/currency exchange - cheat customer 
- Travelex holdings - Complain of wrong information in getting a job !
- Travelex - ex employee try to get a wage slip
- Travelex Limited - Euro Card ATM Problem
- Travelex - exchange rate
- Travelex unethical behavior - unethical behavior
- Travelex Worldwide - Scam for employment
- Travelex Currency Services - atm