Tower.com / Lack of refund to a canceled order!

Phone: 1800 275 86937

I have been ordered the order # 2190507 to Tower.com (a Money Order Purchasing) on 30/Sep/07, (my money order was received by Tower.com on 06/ct/07 and cashed on 13/nov/07). However, in this meanwhile the order has been canceled on 02/Nov/07 (that means almost 4 weeks after Tower.com has received my money order), by my request due to lack of merchandise shipment. Than, I was informed by Tower.com that the refund would take 7 business days. However, 7 business days later I was informed that it would take 7 more business days because it was a money order refund.

But, before yesterday (27/Nov/07), I have just received pattern answers from Tower.com informing that the refund check sending would be informed as soon as accounting department could process it! So, Today (29/Nov/07), that means 4 weeks after the order cancellation, I have not received a refund check from this company and I have not a commitment date to have it done yet.

Comments

• Al
      29th of Nov, 2007

This is bad news for me. I am waiting on an order from over 25 days ago.. I wrote to them a couple of days ago and still haven't received a reply..

• Rj
      18th of Dec, 2007

This is NOT the Towerrecords we all remember. Tower.com is now owned and operated by Caiman Holding Inc,the same Caiman.com that sells on Amazon.

I had placed two orders in May 2007:
    1) Order WEB6128210,was charged for two cds,they sent one wrong title and the other title never shipped. Asked for refund for cd that never shipped,they promised a refund in 72 hrs,also was issued a return authorization and returned wrong title.
    2) Order WEB6139062,tried to cancel one title,they sent it anyhow. Again,I got a return authorization to return title I didn`t want. I kept inquiring if they received the two separate authorized returns and when I`d be getting a refund for all three cds. Well,they told me they never received the returned cds and that they weren`t going to refund me for the title that never shipped,then they blocked my emails to them.

I feel there should be a class action suit brought against them:

Caiman Inc / Tower.com Inc / Caxem Inc

514-223-4811
    514-313-9514

• Lu
      12th of Jan, 2008

I placed and order for three Kate Wolf albums (# 2145867) After waiting several months, I checked my order status to find my order had been canceled! I did ask at one point if it could be canceled but had never been informed that they had done it.

It's been three months now and every time I ask why I have not gotten my money back, I get the same canned response that my account has been sent to accounting and that as soon as they have confirmed that I have not gotten my money back, they'll send me a check.

I think it's time for a class action suit against this fraud based company.

• Ng
      4th of Feb, 2008

I think I had the worst experience with Tower.com after I have read all your comments. I have placed 4 orders in July 2007:
    I had received some of the items ordered but most of them till date has not been received, which amouts to about USD$200.
    About 3/4 months ago I realized they had canceled these unshipped items without even informing me.

Then I started to e-mail them about a refund repeatedly and multiple times, but till now after months of e-mailing, I have yet received any reply.

This is for sure a fraud company, agree that a class action against them.

9th of Feb, 2008

I ordered three Anne Geddes calendars in early January. I did not hear a word in a weeks, so I went to their site and was told they were "processing". There were no further communications by the end of January, except "they are back-ordered". I replied that I wanted a refund, but never got a reply. I asked for a refund, without reply. These people should be shut down. I will have to cancel the transaction with my credit card company.

• Rj
      20th of Feb, 2008

An update: I was in Wilmington,DE on 2/05/08,I decided to check out this 'physical' address that Tower.com is using. I was shocked to discover that it is just a mail drop off! Here`s the address they`re 'claiming' as their legit USA address:

Mail Boxes Etc
    Fairfax Shopping Center
    2207 Concord Pike,Box 633
    Wilmington,DE 19803

302-429-8688

• St
      25th of Feb, 2008

I ordered a DVD for Christmas in Dec. 07. It was shipped from the Wilm. DE location, abotu 15 mins from my house. When my Mom tried to use the DVD, she found taht it was a European disc, and would not play in a US DVD player. After several phone calls and emails, I could not get an answer from them regarding the problem. I had used Google Checkout, and asked them for help. They got me a "return authorization" that wanted the disc sent back to FL. The DVD was sent back on 01/09. It is no 02/25, and I still have not received my refund. I don't have a lot of faith that it will be coming.

27th of Mar, 2008

i experienced the same thing. i placed an order from half.com, it was cancelled, and i never got a refund. i emailed over and over and they said the request was being fwded to the accounting dept.

2 yrs later and still no refund.

10th of Jul, 2008

Now I am concerned. I placed 2 orders yesterday. I just received an email which I cut and pasted below.

Thank you for contacting Tower.com.

We regret to inform you that our records show that your most recent order at TOWER.COM has been denied by your financial institution or credit card issuer. Please verify your credit account to ensure you were not debited. If you were, please contact us again.

Some tips may make your next order more successful. Please verify that your billing information matches with the one your financial institution has on file. Orders can become unsuccessful when your financial institution flags the purchase as an overseas transaction. Contact them to allow the order to pass if this was the case.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this email or forward your inquiries to info@tower.com.

If my credit care was denied...which it definately shouldn't have been...why would I need to verify that I was not debited? If it was denied how would they get the money?? Flaged as an overseas transaction?? Shouldn't that be stated some where like before you place the order?

• Jm
      4th of Dec, 2008

I also am completely convinced that this is a SCAM posing as a company.
    I've had the identical experience with the first poster in this thread.
    I paid by M.O., nothing came for 3 weeks, Tower suggested I cancel the order, 2 emails said my refund was on the way the 3rd email said "We do not refund M.O's in cash." Also, I've found it impossible to get C.S. on the phone. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and I'd advise everyone else with these problems to do so as well.
    Here is the BBB in their jurisdiction:
    BBB of Delaware
    Web: http://www.delaware.bbb.org
    Good Luck!

• Si
      23rd of Feb, 2009

I returned an item on November 24, 2008. After 30 days I called and the rep told me it would take up to 60 days for my refund to be processed. After 60 days I called again. The rep told me it would take up to 90 days. It has now been 90 days. I still do not have my refund.

• Al
      15th of Mar, 2009

Hi,

I got a problem with tower.com.
    On March 15, 2009, I wanted to buy three DVDs but my order process didn't finish because the web page said that I made a mistake of not filling the blank line next to the line " State " at the Shipping address and Billing address page. I live in France and we don't have any states... Plus I precised at the country line "France". At the beginning, I thought that the mistake of not processing my order came from my debit card but when I started again after being sent back to the shipping address page, when i click on the last "confirm your order" icon, the same problem occurred and i understood that the problem came from tower.com . Then, I decided to abandon my order because i thought that it was useless to buy there at this time, even if i bought a lot of things on tower.com before and i never had this kind of problem. Unfortunately, when i checked my bank account, i noticed that my order has been debited from my account twice... 2*41.00 euros => 82.00 euros (about 102.00 USD) for the two tentatives. But the order process wasn't finished and i didn't receive the confirmation email nor a receipt... What the heck??
    I wrote them an email but i don't know if they are going to answer...

20th of Apr, 2009

i have the same problem as alex. i wanted to pay with master card but when i clicked pay i got an error that they where unable to validate my adres and that i had to choose a different paymentmethod. i tried again a few times more because i thought maybe it would be a temporary error. but the error continued. BUT when i phoned my creditcardcompany theu said that the 41$ was on hold FOUR times! so the payment did get through even with the error. but when i look in my account i so called made no orders yet. so they are going to cash the same amount 4 times and not even going to send me anything. THIEVES!

20th of Apr, 2009

i forgto to mention that i am from belgium. oh and if you call them, your always caller number 15. i have been robbed for an amount of 160$ and i am very angry.
    unfortunatly my creditcardcompany can't cancel the payments that are on hold.

20th of Apr, 2009

omg! now they don't even put me on hold anymore, i can only speak something in. i think they blocked my phonenumber.

• Ca
      14th of Jul, 2009

Tower.com has canceled at least 5 of my orders in the past years, failed to communicated their decisions, and refund me. So I have become some sort of beggar for refund. And more, Tower.com charges us way before shipment--thus keeping our money without delivering the product and without our consent. What should we call such a practice? Theft? Embezzlement? Tower.com has also recently allowed security holes on its website, which exposed data from millions of U.S. and U.K. customers. So I URGE PEOPLE TO BOYCOTT TOWER.COM.

Sincerely,