Tonyc Salon and Spa / Unacceptable Service

May 10, 2015
Tonyc Salon and Spa
Sherway Gardens, 25 The West Mall, Etobicoke, ON M9C 1B8
Phone: (416) 695-1777
This place has got to be the worst place we have ever been to. The service is absolutely unacceptable. I booked for 4 people and we expected good service since this place was quite pricey. I booked an appt for 12 but they made us wait outside until 1215 for our mani and pedi. I let my Mom and sister go first. There was another lady who was busy with another customer. The manicurist name was Anna. Now, when she was done with the customer and knowing that I have been waiting for 1 hr for my mani and pedi, she still went outside the "spa area" (a very small congested room which includes 2 pedi chairs and 2 manicure tables) and left to get another customer. She bypassed me and insisted and helping the other customer.

I can't believe she didn't even bother asking me whether I was going for a mani/pedi. Although, she already knew that because before she left the room, another manicurist mentioned it to her.

So I tried searching for the manager and no one seems to be at the scene. I went to the receptionist and mentioned it to her. The manager with curly hair (Luka or Marco) went into the room told Anna to stop but Anna refused. Then, arguments started and was arising. The manager with the curly hair just closed the door. I found this very rude.

This was absolutely frustrating because
1- I have been waiting for 1 hr and 15 min for nothing
2- This lady Anna would rather get on to the floor and change the other lady's nail polish than reschedule her
3- She was blaming us for booking it 2 days in advance with just one lady

I did call 2 days in advance to book an appointment and mentioned that there were 3 of us. I didn't care who does it. I do not mind. I just really wanted to have a relaxation day with my family.

This really boggled my mind. The worst part is

- this place has 2 managers, Luka and Marco
They can't de-escalate the situation .
The other customer in teh spa area was just blabbing the whole time and blaming the receptionist.
The receptionist was blaming the computer.
The managers were not to be seen and not at the scene. They were too busy cutting somebody else's hair.

At the end of the day, I wasted 2 1/2 hrs in this place and it just made me horribly stressed out and just mind boggling how service is taken account. The worst part is you can tell how managers can't manage a facility. They wasted my time. They insisted for another service but I really didn't want to stay in that place anymore.

I wish they would have talked to Anna and the other lady customer. Noted that there was a person with an appointment and just asked her to come back in 30 min or so. Also, for the managers to be at the scene in the "spa area" as opposed to keep telling the receptionists to talk to everyone back there.

This place is NOT managed well and WILL NEVER GO BACK HERE!
I hope people with authority can actually see this as a flaw in this facility. It was an absolutely horrifying experience and I would never want another customer to feel how I felt.

More Tonyc Salon and Spa Complaints & Reviews

Plus Tonyc Salon and Spa - Bikini wax

N  24th of Feb, 2017 by
This place Tonic or Tonyc is awful. Blood was drawn and skin was wounded by a very poor and painful waxing jog. Luka was insensitive to this horrific 90-minute appointment.