Tommee Tippee / tommee tippee baby monitor and sensor pad

1 Stirling, Scotland, Central, United Kingdom

To Whom this may concern,

I recently purchased the Tommee Tippee baby monitor and sensory pad from ASDA online. My baby is 10 weeks old and I have not long set up the monitor, while my baby slept on the 13th September checking the baby monitor i noticed the picture had turned of, i went upstairs to check on my baby when i noticed smoke pouring out when having a closer look i noticed black acid started coming from the monitor burning myself and a hole in my bedroom unit. Luckily the sensory mat was not switched on at this point or this could of electrocuted my baby while he slept. This is a manufacturing issue that could of caused a lot of damage. I have been trying since to contact the Tommee Tippee customer service and complaints line however this has become impossible. I understand things do happen but as this is a baby product i expect closer attention to be made to the product as this was recommended to be a high quality product which we paid a lot of money for. As you can imagine i am very disappointed and horrified at what could of happened to my baby if i hadn't got to him on time. I will not be buying another Tommee Tippee product as i have lost all confidence and faith in the company. I feel after this happened and having a look on blogging/review sites a lot of mum's have had similar problems, I think you should be recalling the product and giving them more attention to detail before a baby is seriously hurt.
I am currently sending the product back to ASDA but i feel this is not enough for what has happened and i would like compensation for my baby and my unit.

I look forward to hearing your reply.

Rebecca