TNT RESORTS / HADNDLED POORLY BOTCHED RESERVATION

GATLINGBURG, United States Review updated:
I CALLED AND BOOKED A ROOM WITH TNT UNDERSTANDING IT WAS A TIME SHARE BECUASE I WAS LOOKING FOR A GOOD DEAL
I CALLED THEN ON DEC 29TH AND BOOKED FOR THE 30TH AND THE 31ST, I GOT OFF WORK EARLY AND PACKED AND MY HUSBAND AND I STARTED OUT FOR GATLINGBURG/PIGEON FORGE FOR A NEW YEARS CELEBRATION PLUS IT WAS HIS BIRTHDAY
I HAD EMAILED THE RESORT BECUASE I HAD NOT RECEIEVED AN CONFIRMATION, I ALSO CALLED BUT WAS UNABLE TO GET AHOLD OF ANYONE,
BUT I TRUSTED I HAD ONE AFTER SPEAKING TO LISA AND ALSO THE SUPERVISOR SHERI
AFTER ARRIVING IN PIGEON FORGE I FINALLY CALLED THE HOTEL AND HE TOLD ME NO SUCH NAME HAD A RESERVATION ... I WAS SHOCKED AND DISAPPOINTED TO SAY THE LEAST
HE GAVE ME A NUMBER THE WRONG NUMBER, BUT ANYWAY IT WAS A RESORT AND THEY HAD ACCESS TO RESERVATIONS, THEN I FOUND OUT THEY HAD BOOKED IT THE WRONG DATE
AFTER THE CUSTOMER SERVICE LADY TOLD ME I AGREED ( REMEMBER ITS TAPED) AND I SAID NO I DIDNT AGREE ON THE DATE SHE REVEIWED WITH ME . LISTEN TO THE WHOLE TAPED CONVERSATION
THEN SHE HEARD ME REPEAT THE DATE I WISHED TO BE IN PIGEON FORGE THEN SHE STATED ILL CANCEL YOUR RESERVATION ...
BUT I CANT GIVE YOU A CONFIRMATION OF CANCELLLATION NUMBER, TNT WILL HAVE TO DO THAT
BUT THEY HAD ALSO ALREADY CHARGED MY ACCOUNT
NOW TO GET MY MONEY BACK I HAVE TO TALK TO TNT ... IT IS JANUARY 2ND AND I STILL HAVE NOT HEARD FROM ANYONE AT TNT, .
NO EMAIL, NO APOLOGY, NO REFUNDED

BE WARNED TNT RESORTS ...

More TNT RESORTS Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Gi
  27th of May, 2009
These people ###ing suck DO NOT USE THEM. When they call to confrim and wanted my credit card info I told them that the only thing that I had was a visa check card and at first they told me that was fine until they put me on with a manager and they told me that I could not book with them well in the mean time they have taken my money out of my checking account and will not refund me now they have told me that I will have to wait 7 to 14 days. It has been over 7 days and still no money back. I keep calling and they will not help me. I told them that I wanted to speak to someone that handles refunds and I was told that there is no refund department. Can many one help me.
Ju
  8th of Jun, 2009
DON'T USE IT!!!

They are nasty people, charged me 320dollar without notice for not making the tour. I had no clue about the tour, no schedule...no time...nothing! Poor information, phishing company. They know how to cover their ### with the " Confirmation Letter thing"

Do go for it, All TNT reservations is UNFAIR!

JM
Le
  3rd of Aug, 2009
DON'T USE THIS COMPANY. This is Aug 2. I called tnt on July 20 to make reservations to see a resort. I actually WANTED to do the resort tour. I was supposed to stay in a different hotel but go see the better timeshare. I asked specifically if the hotel had a restaurant and a play area for kids. I was told they did. When I hung up, I looked at the hotel on the internet. I called to cancel because the hotel had no restaurant, but more important..not even a patch of grass for a baby to play in. I was told I couldn't cancel because it had to be done within 30 days. Of course I had just booked it for two weeks away...how could I cancel in 30 days. They tell me I can postpone it. But I really want to tour the resort, so my idea is that I can stay in this hotel a couple of days, do the tour, then switch hotels and maybe even stay at the one I am going to tour...which does have everything I want. After a couple of days, I call because I don't have a confirmation. They tell me they are still working on it. I said, okay, so if it isn't even registered, just let me cancel it. Of course they said no. A couple more days, still no letter. I call they say they are still working on it. I tell them I am leaving for Florida on Aug 3, and I need to know my plans before I get there. She said they will have someone call. Yesterday, I look again. No confirmation. I call, they have no confirmation yet. I tell them I am leaving for Florida on MONDAY, this is Saturday.. I am taking kids with me...I need to know whether or not to look for a hotel. She said she will make a note of that on my file and have someone call me. I called my credit card company, and I have been billed already. So, they have billed me for something that I do not have yet. Luckily, I used a card that had a 300 limit, so as the CC company said, all they could charge me is what is available on that card, and I can dispute it if i don't get the hotel room. And I can make sure there is no extra available money on that card. ( I used this card because of something that happened last year when we went to disney. At least I was a little careful this time. ) As for the 320 Juliana got charged.. I told them just charge me for the room..which was 120...and I would just pay that and go somewhere else. THAT is when they told me it would be 320.00. It's all a gimmick. By TNT resorts...probably not by the resort I was going to view. But, like last year, I am taking my niece and her friend to disney to have fun...I refuse to let this company ruin that for us. My grandson who lives in Florida is 1 year old...I'm going there to see him also...and they can't ruin that. In a way, I hope they don't get my reservation...but I would like to sue them for charging me for something I didn't receive. In the meantime... I would warn anyone not to use this company. Oh, and fyi... as for any tickets to any parks...you don't get them. When I asked why the button didn't work for me to advance to the next page to order tickets...they said they weren't offering tickets right now, not even if i paid for them. But i could get them when I got to the hotel. I decided now it's better to get them when i get to the parks.
Mr
  23rd of Aug, 2009
my family and i booked a williamsburg va vacation with tnt, and the hotel was nothing like they said it would be. we requested a refrigerator because we have a child who still drinks milk, we get there no refrefrigerator in either of the two rooms we booked. two of the children we traveled with have asthma so i asked for no smoking rooms got there the rooms and hallway reeked of cigarette smoke. my sisters got to their room and it was filthy old food on the floor, the bathroom was dirty. to top it all off i was told that my husband and i would be provided with transportation to the timeshare showing, when i called the front desk to find out what time we needed to be ready they had no idea what i was talking about. so yes please be careful when you book with tnt resorts they will tell you anything to get your money
  1st of Sep, 2009
On 7/22/09, I was online looking for hotels for Gatlinburg, Tennessee. The website I found was Tntresorts.com. Thinking they were a legit hotel company I called to get more information. The guy I spoke to described the hotel I was after and said they are offering discounted rooms to people who are willing to take a preview tour of a new hotel. The tour takes about 90-120 minutes of your time. I said this vacation will be with my wife and 5 year old child, so I don't know if I'll be able to do that, so he kept on by saying the preview is just to get word of mouth out about our hotel, it's very "kid friendly" and "family-oriented". The name of the new hotel is the Grand Crown Resort. I gave my credit card and was transferred to a person to verify everything, my total was $200.97 for 4 days, 3 nights at the Eagle Ridge Resort, charged to my Visa credit card. He read through the rules incredibly fast and asked if I understood everything. I said can you repeat the last part, what happens if I don't show up for the preview tour? He responded with I will be charged full retail price of the room. I said that's not a problem and he said to wait for a confirmation letter in my e-mail. When the e-mail came, it was nothing like what the people on the phone had said. It's actually a timeshare presentation, which would not be okay for my 5 year old son with autism. The grand crown resort we would be touring, is not even near the address where our REAL meeting would take place, 2703 Teaster Lane, Pigeon Forge, TN. I then called to find out the Grand Crown Resort is not even under construction. I called an hour after the initial call was made and a rude lady said I have to wait 48 hours to hear from our cancellation manager. They also add a thing in the confirmation letter that states they can change your hotel room/hotel if they wish. So you don't even get what you request and what is described. At this point I mentioned my child's disability and asked about a refund. She said that because it wasn't thirty days before my arrival date, there is no refund. It wasn't mentioned that a refund is impossible if your trip is 2 weeks away. After I recieved the call from the cancellation manager, he made it clear that I agreed on "recording", and that I cannot cancel, he could re-schedule it for a later date whenever I choose. They call this an open-date package, and I assumed I could call back and set something up within a year. Today I wake up and I'm being charged the $200.97 to my credit card, so I call to ask for more information because he was definitely not clear in stating that I would be charged right now for a trip that's not even set up yet. The lady I spoke to was extremely rude, I could never get a refund because I was not in the thirty days. I told her that these were special circumstances because of my son's disability and if I wasn't lied to completely on the first phone call I would have never signed up. She repeatedly let me know that there is no refund possible and if I contacted my credit card company that they would play the tape of my oral agreement. I said well then you can also play the first tape where I'm completely lied to, and she said we have no data of that tape. I've contacted my credit card company to let them know I'll be disputing it within a couple of days. No one should deserve to go through this, I will do whatever it takes to shed some light on this company's practices. They misrepresent a timeshare presentation to sound like a tour of a hotel and I unknowingly trapped myself into the sale because my arrival date was never 30 days before my call. They trick you into clicking confirm online by telling you that you might not make your dates if you don't click to receive your hotel confirmation which is different from your letter confirmation but they are attached in the same e-mail? My resort package confirmation number is ts116517.

Supposedly I was talking to customer service but they do nothing to service a dissatisfied customer. I was completely polite and nice until they were rude with me.
Vs
  11th of Oct, 2009
My wife and I have traveled ti the Pigeon Forge / Gatlinburg area for the last 25 years or so. We loved the area and we scheduled 5 days and 4 nights in Gatlinburg on Oct. 5, 2009 for $160, and that was a good price. I was charged an additional $33 for taxes for the four days.
The motel we stayed at was the COMFORT INN. The first motel on the right as you enter Gatlinburg. DO NOT STAY THERE!! The motel was 40 feet from the 4 lane highway. Noise level was so high that standing on the front balcony having a conversation was impossible. The room was outdated. The bathroom was so small that you had to move against the wall in order to close the door. I was bit seven times during the night by bugs. The breakfast consisted of hard boiled eggs, donuts, bagels, muffins, juice, coffee, dry cereal, and bread for toast. The elevator was stuck between floors and the fire department was called at 7 AM to free people trapped on it.
As for TNT resorts...they are a bottom ### sucking company that thrives on innocent people!! Now pay attention when I say that there is a room a little bigger than a 2 car garage with about 30 tables and four chairs to each table. This is for a reason. The NOISE is so loud that you can't think!! You concentrate on the salesman words and can't hear half of them. Everyone is trying to yell over the other person. There are no partitions. BE FORWARNED... YOU CAN NOT THINK AT THIS NOISE LEVEL!!
These salesmen are trained in what to say and how to say it. You ARE required to listen to a 90 minute sales pitch which turns into a 3 hour session!! They double team you during the presentation. The salesman asked me whether I would like to pay for a room in a motel or own a part of a resort when I travel??? My answer floored him. He repeated the question three times and for the third time I said "THE MOTEL" This man went bonkers... He started to ask me the question a fourth time when I grabbed my cup of cola and slammed it down on the table in front of him.. Giving him a nasty evil eye I asked him if he understood ENGLISH and why he kept asking me the same question when I answered it three times and would not change it.
He sat there for a moment and got up. Before he left the table he said he would be back in 120 minutes. That's right!! We sat there for the next 20 minutes playing "X and O's" and listening to my wife's cell phone which had music on it.
Another salesman came over and said that he noticed nobody at our table. I said go ask the dummy over there because he didn't like my answer to his question. He apologized and asked what he could do? My wife told him in no uncertain words that we have never been treated so rudely in our lives. That the salesman was nothing more than a child by expressing his attitude towards us and if he expected us to purchase into the resort he had another thing coming. He asked what he could do for us? I said we wanted to leave immediately.
The problem arises in this cost... Let's say the resort cost $7, 000 to join. A quick way to figure cost per month and total cost is using $16.67 as a base multiply this by the number of thousand. Which is this::: $16.67 X 7 equals $116.67 per month times 72 payments and that equals $8, 401.68 and that includes interest. BUT WAIT!! There is a maintenance charge per year and let's say that is another $500 per year times six years. And now the total is $11, 401.68 for the same six years!! GOT THAT?? Lot of money for a resort. When will you get the cost down you ask?? Good question. In 20 more years you still are paying a maintenance. fee of let's say $500 a year and of course it WILL go up!! Let's keep it at that 500 dollars and give it 20 more years. That's $10, 000 my friend plus the 11, 401, 68 and that gives you a total of $21, 401.68 total...That's $823.14 a year for a resort vacation. And if you want to stay somewhere else, you have to pay an additional fee of between 20 dollars to 50 dollars a night... TNT RIP OFF RESORTS>> V.Stankiewiz Warren, Ohio
Ve
  14th of Dec, 2009
horrible trip !!they ripped us off too.t hey even cancelled our reservations after the second day ;which the got paid up front of our credit card in advance.they then charged us $98.32.fooor our last night. weluckyly had this amount on our credit card. they told the hotel to lock us out of our room and put our luggage in the lobby !!!we were told by the resaourt grand crown that they fired tnt .resorts for the way they were treating there tourest .so read reviews before you book with tnt resorts thanks for reading this !! the beardens from bham ala.
Al
  10th of Mar, 2010
A total rip-off company. We lost over $800. I am calling the Better Business Bureau to get them black-listed. Please be sure to do the same so this company can't keep ripping people off!
Jo
  18th of May, 2010
These people are [censor]!!! I'm completely baffled how they are still in business.. They will lie, cheat, scam, and otherwise take complete advantage of you!! They will tell you everything you wanna hear to get your credit card number... DON'T GIVE IT TO THEM!!! They neglect to tell you all the criteria you must meet to "qualify" to stay at the piece of [censor] hotel.. Yvette was the "lady" we talked to in our first attempt to gather information which she was very helpful, pushy but helpful.. So after a couple days of searching and researching we decided to do it.. We call back even ask for Yvette so she will get the commission then [censor] starts to hit the fan.. The ghetto trash won't give me any information with out my credit card number, when i tell her I'm not giving it to her without getting details she claims without my card number, she can't see if i "qualify" for the package.. We'll I slam down the phone realizing the scam I about fell into.. Some guy who barley speaks english calls back trying to "mend the fence" claiming he will speak to the management team to get us qualified due to the fact we are engaged and not married. Now I understand why they would want couples to be married due to the fact of attempting to sell a time share.. Thats fine, but when you read that rooms can not be refunded, if you don't qualify your [censor] outta luck, and the way they try to bend you over, you not only feel taken advantage of but it's complete [censor].. So glad we didn't give them any information.. We ended up getting a room right up the road for $10 more a night, without any of the "criteria" and presentations.. We WILL be stopping at the hotel we almost booked through tnt to explain how we will never stay with that hotel or one that is in anyway associated with them or tnt.. So thankful we realized what was going on before we booked our room..
  12th of Jul, 2010
tntresots got my wife and me to, they are now going under the name vacationshop.com in pigon forge.
  12th of Jul, 2010
tntresort got my wife ann i to, they are now going under the name vacationshop.com.
Le
  31st of Jul, 2010
They got me too. I booked a trip with them and then changed my mind two hours later. It took me two days of leaving messages to finally get in touch with a [censor] named Tina. She yelled at me and wanted to charge me a $39 cancellation fee even though the trip was still weeks away. What the heck for? That's stealing! She played me a tape of a woman reading me the fine print at fast speed after taking my credit card number as evidence of my complicity. Then when the [censor] Tina came back on she yelled at me some more and then hung up on me. I promptly called my credit card company and reported the fraud and they agreed to dispute any dollar amount they tried to claim towards the large sum on hold on my account. Now I'm making it known everywhere. Tina can suck it.
Da
  14th of Sep, 2010
I knew that I was in trouble after checking-in. I recived a phone call at 1645 on a Friday afternoon telling me that I did not meet all the qualifications but I could still stay. I still try to call these stiff neck people and just they wouldn't listen to reason. To stay at Eagle Ridge Resort you have to have a household income of $70, 000 or more. Now their telling me that I make less, but my income tax confirms that I make a litte over that amount. I still went to the presentation and they would not even talk to us. I made notes and kept phone numbers of contacts because I just knew that these stiff neck, rude jacklegs would charge us the full amount and they did...
We are in the mist of disputing the charge. I wrote a three page letter going over the quilifications and requirements one at a time showing how we filled each requirements with supporting documents to prove this. I'm waiting to see what the Credit Card Service will do but It is a no brainer.
DON'T USE "TNT RESORTS" OR IT'S OTHER NAME "VACATION RESERVATION CENTER" DON'T LET THEM NEAR YOUR CREDIT CARDS. I WOULDN'T BE SUPRISED IF THEY USED OTHER NAME TO BOOK VACATIONS. IF A COMPANY USING MORE THAN ONE NAME TO OPERATE UNDER, THEIR UP TO RIP YOU OFF!!!