Thrifty Vet / fraud

On March5th 2010 I ordered frontline pet flea supplies From a discount company called Thrifty Vet it is out of Canada. There site looks REAL professsional someone went to a lot of work to make the company appear ligitimate. When you place your order they prefer you do so by a paypal approved credit I used my Visa . when the receipt from paypal showed up in my email the money was not directed to THRIFTY VET but to a LLOYD McKinny...who i suspect is getting awful rich on this scam BEWARE DO NOT buy from Thrifty Vet they say they are out of Canada Who knows.

Comments

• Ed
      25th of Mar, 2010

I see you posted this the same day of purchase, before actually receiving what you had bought.

Paypal always reports the name of the account holder, it's how their system works.

• Mi
      11th of Jun, 2010

See i though the same thing after i put the purches throuh. But paypal garentees it and yes has had complantes but i got my product yet it took for ever but i did get it and it worked good. I though about doing the posting i sent several e-mails and i thought what do i do next.. your bank will always allow you to despute the purches as well so you are covered in a few ways. Again i will re-think before i buy outta state or any other place that i am un sure about.

• Pe
      25th of Jun, 2010

on JUNE 18TH, 2010 i also ordered from thriftyvet for frontline plus flea which I WAS DIRECTED TO GO THROUGH PAYPAL. I used my credit card debit and payed a total of 31.24 WHICH HAS ALREADY GONE through my bank account. As of today I STILL HAVE NOT RECIEVED THE FRONTLINE PLUS FLEA . T he order number was 166503 - customer number 246286. THE site said the order would arrive in 7-10 days from the date of my order. TODAY IS june 25 th, 2010 . M rs. PEGGIE Mccracken

25th of Jun, 2010

I still have not received mine! I ordered over $200 worth on JUNE 4th!!! I already filed a claim/dispute with paypal.

THEY DO NOT RESPOND TO EMAILS!!!

BEWARE OF THRIFTY VET!!!

Ben...
    Did you ever get your Frontline from Thrifty Vet?
    What makes you think they are out of Canada? They told me they are in England and thats where my Frontline "supposedly" shipped from. I've read elsewehere that it ships from North Dakota.

I'm trying to determine where they really are. They are obviously shady.

• Al
      19th of Jan, 2011

The order I receive from them the first time was postmarked Great Britan. That was on the postal stamp.

• Je
      27th of Apr, 2011

They're probably able to offer such deep discounts because they do drop shipping -- that means they don't actually stock any inventory themselves, but instead they pass the order on to their wholesale suppliers to handle fulfillment and shipping. And their suppliers are probably all over the map. There's nothing illegal or scammy about this practice--online stores do it all the time. Unfortunately when you choose to drop ship, sometimes stuff happens on your supplier's end that's out of your hands and leaves you with p*ssed-off customers who didn't get their orders. Which yes, if that happens, you should offer a refund. That's just one of the risks you take with drop-shipping. At any rate, I've purchased Advantage and Frontline from Thriftyvet in the past and I've never had any problems. Every company screws up sometimes and has customer complaints. That doesn't make them frauds.

28th of Apr, 2011

It does make them a fraud when they ignore all communication and make no effort to resolve the problem

• Sc
      15th of May, 2011

On April 24th. i ordered Frontline Plus (89-132) from Thrifty Vet. Received a e-mail saying it would be 5 to 15 days to get my order, it was exactly 15 days when i received it.
    I thought this was a bit long to wait until i checked the return address which was... Suite 13, Mitchell House
    5 Mitchell Street
    Edinburgh
    EH6 7BD
    U.K.
    It was sent air mail with the custom sticker attachd...sent from the U.K. explains the possible 15 days it could take. Next time i'll go to Walmart for "Pet Armor" which
    is and does the same thing without the wait.
    Kevin, FL.

23rd of Aug, 2011

We ordered from Thrifty Vet in early August and within 7 days our order arrived. We're very pleased with their service and the price of Frontline was far less than had I bought it retail or ordered from a company in the states. We'll definitely be ordering again from them.

• Ph
      13th of Jul, 2012

I recently ordered through Thrifty Vet and am glad I did not find this complaint before package arrived, was looking for a place to write a positive review!

The order was delivered on time and I already applied the Frontline to my 2 dogs who seem much much happier when they do not scratch around their collars.

• Zu
      2nd of Oct, 2012

I recently also ordered through Trifty Vet and it is already 7 days and my order haven't arrived yet. The company doesn't respond to emails and doesn't have a phone number. I called Pay Pal and it looks like that I can easy cancel my order. I found a lot of negative info from people who never got their orders, so I am quite nervous. If I will not get my order I plan to put a company on a black list Pay Pal users...

• Ep
      12th of Dec, 2012

I also ordered from thrifty vet. the deal they offer is really good. After time became a little upset, 5-15 days. Well 1 day shy of a month it arrived. I was looking into filing a complaint and going after my money thru my bank. I don't think i will order from them again. They are located in Scotland, UK Suite 13, Mitchell House, 5 Mitchell St. EH6 7BD. I Googled them and its an official office building with a police station right next door.

• 4d
      8th of Jul, 2014

Received my order as advertised. Will use their services again.

• Kr
      16th of Dec, 2015

I have ordered from Thrify Vet multiple times. It usually takes a couple weeks to receive from order date but that is stated on the website. Product have always worked well and their prices are great. Recently, I ordered but due to circumstances, I needed to cancel the order the same day. I contacted though their website with my order info and my money was refunded thru paypal within 12 hours.
    I wish, however, they would place some information on their website pertaining to the counterfeit Frontline scare. This product is definitely not US based. Lot numbers match from package to dispensers and all markings seem to be consistent. However, product is in metric for both dog weight and frontline product (in ml). With all the hype about counterfeit product in the US, it can be scary to order, especially because this will not have EPA information on it since it is not US. Merial is based in France so the product sold in US is packaged specifically for US with EPA codes. I will order from this company again as I have for the past 3 years or so.