The Wedding Experience / HORRIBLE customer service

1 2600 SW 3rd Ave., Suite 200Miami, FL, United States Review updated:

Bride Beware!!! If you are planning to use The Wedding Experience for a Cruise Wedding or Destination Wedding ( or, in any fashion) - - DON'T!!!

We were just married on a Carnival cruise and, sadly, The Wedding Experience is the company that Carnival outsources to. From day one, they were horribly unprofessional on the phone and via email. And, of course, that is if you have the patience to wait for them on the phone!

Please, brides-to-be, do not make the same mistake I made!! You are hoping to alleviate stress by getting married on a cruise or a destination wedding... it REALLY matters who you are doing business with! And, if this company does not check out on the Better Business Bureau website, then do not go forward. You will regret this choice, as I do.

By the way, The Wedding Experience has a rating of a C- on the BBB and 25 complaints against them. This rating is not including mine, so it will, I am sure go down from here.

First and foremost, they do not care about people over all. They do care about your money, though. And, they will do everything possible to get your money in to their business and then promptly forget to care for your wedding details.

I was married on a cruise ship and I trusted that details, such as, my wedding bouquet, my groom-to-be boutonniere and wedding party flowers would make it to my special day. Unfortunately, they did not. The day of my wedding, the wedding coordinator could not find any of my flowers and I, along with the bridal party, walked down the aisle with fake flowers that were pulled from the ship.

That was not the worst of it. Because they could not find my wedding flowers, they wasted precious moments from my already condensed "shipboard wedding." My 1.5 hour reception became a 35 minute reception. A 35 minute reception that was supposed to be the biggest day of our lives with family that came from out of the country. It was a sad, sad wedding night, I will tell you that much.

There is nothing that The Wedding Experience can do to bring back the hours and memories lost on my wedding day. I am writing this complaint to let any other naive and innocent bride-to-be know not to do business of any kind with them. Currently, they have many, many very sad, horrific tales on the internet about them and their horrific "service." I would like to spare another bride from the sadness and disappointment.

The people that I interacted with the day of my wedding were extremely unprofessional - - even to the point of my wedding coordinator crying incessantly at the time when she was to walk me to the ceremony. This was all because she could not find my flowers. Which, news flash to her, had never even been ordered.

When I called after the wedding to find out what had gone wrong with the flower order, I was spoken to as if I was discarded trash. No longer a cash value - - no longer of importance.

I hope to change one bride's special day with this message. I truly hope I do.

Comments

• Su
      14th of Aug, 2008

Guess what? Mistakes happen sometimes. Isn't it possible that the florist misplaced your order??? At least they credited you!! I got married on Carnival too and I had a great experience! I had no problems with Carnival or The Wedding Experience and my wedding was perfect! You make it sound like they were out to get you. BTW - You were speaking to Carnival employees on the phone and via e-mail not The Wedding Experience, until about a month before your wedding. You might want to blame Carnival too! Carnival handles everything except the flowers and wedding upgrades. TWE is also in charge of the coordinators and I'm sorry but I doubt your WC was "crying incessantly"!! Give me a break! Also, are we suppose to believe that the WC's and officiant spent an hour looking for your flowers?? Sorry, not buying it...move on!

14th of Aug, 2008

Where in this post did I say that anyone credited me? And, perhaps, can we acknowledge that you probably work for The Wedding Experience and want, very much, to make them, somehow, look better?

I never mentioned I was credited...hmmmmm...interesting. And, funny how you mentioned the "florist misplacing my order." That is the same very questionable excuse that The Wedding Experience has been trying to give. Okay, now it is certain, you do work for them. Sadly, though, these mistakes that have been made were real. And, they can not be covered up by empty, untrue statements.

And, no, there is no need to "blame Carnival", as you put it. Carnival was absolutely professional in every way. They, most certainly, cleaned up all of The Wedding Experience issues and horrible mistakes.

And, sadly, it is true that my wedding coordinator from TWE did cry. I don't blame her, though. She was probably crying from her bad employment choice and her mistake in letting herself get involved in such a poorly run company.

And, yes, when your coordinator is 25 minutes late in getting to your cabin to take you to your ceremony, it does cut directly in to the reception time.

• Mo
      15th of Aug, 2008

As the official Mother of the 'Unhappy Bride' (posting of 2008-08-13), I must make some comments here on The Wedding Experience Co.

#1 - get out of the business

#2 - I've never seen worse business practices in my life

#3 - Why you have lasted this long with Carnival Line
    Cruises, I can't imagine

#4 - If I were the Bride, you would currently be with
    me in Small Claims Court paying the maximum
    for pain and suffering

I am seriously upset at your shoddy business practices, lack of morals, and downright dishonesty. Yes, all you lovely young and old Bride's to Be - deal elsewhere and save yourselves from a horrific wedding experience with
    THE WEDDING EXPERIENCE CO.

A word to this company - your employees and you would do better as used car salesmen.

Sincerely,

Unhappy Mother of the Unhappy Bride

15th of Aug, 2008

I appreciate and feel validated by the complaint. I am a bride to be who has been trying unsuccessfuly to plan a destination wedding since April 08. The wedding is the end of Sept 08, I finally told my finance how uncomfortable I was and we spoke directly to Holland American about our experience. We are not going to hire the services of TWE, we will do something simple a Justice of the Peace before the cruise then do a Vow Renewal onboard the ship which is coordinated by Holland American. I have cruised before with Holland American and they are a top notch operation so I very surprised they would outsource to such a poorly run outfit.

• Su
      15th of Aug, 2008

Unhappy Bride - I had assumed they credited you since they credited me for an extra coordinator that I did not receive. That did not ruin my day. I do not work for TWE. I am on this board because my cousin wants to get married on a cruise and she loved my wedding but saw a few complaints on the internet. I decided to check them out. I'm sick of reading exaggerated complaint posts by people who just want something for nothing. TWE is far from perfect but like my experience, there are many positive ones. You sound paranoid and you should check your posts for inconsistencies.

MOB - Pain & suffering? Are you kidding? This country has too many law suits because of people like you.

• Po
      15th of Aug, 2008

Thanks for the heads up.

Marianne...

I am very pleased to read your comment. And, very happy that I can forewarn and help another bride-t0-be! It's important to go with your gut instinct and research, research, research. Hindsight is 20/20, right? I had read complaints about The Wedding Experience before I booked my wedding, but I so very much wanted to trust in Carnival and hope for the very best. I now know better.

It is forums, like this particular one, where we can reach out and help one another, before a bigger mistake is made.

And, I would like to say that Carnival, itself, is excellent. We had wonderful service from all aboard. And, a great cruise and honeymoon!

I really hope you have a wonderful wedding day that runs smoothly and is a reflection of you and your fiance feeling comfortable with making the right choice.

Good for you!!

Unhappy Bride...but, getting happier! ; )

• Be
      11th of Oct, 2008

To The wedding experience.

Well, how to start on what my wedding memories are and will be forever… besides the fact that I either laugh at how ridiculous the situation had been, or cry because everything was just a mess.

You I have very rarely ran in to a customer service nightmare like this. Let’s start with our first few calls with your company. I requested the information, and got a nice brocure, we went though the laws of the ports picked out a cruise, and decided. That was all pretty easy, on our side. Now, speaking with Princess Rolle is a completely different idea. She booked us, but we would find out some months later on the wrong year, and we almost paid for a wedding that no one would be there for. She sent us a conformation showing the correct year, in the email, but somehow we were listed for 2007 which was a year early. We booked 2 years in advance… ok I know that sounds like a long time, but coordinating nearly 70 people from all over the United States to go on one vacation, and all get there on time takes some planning, and we’re planners...
    I was so upset when I got the email that said that my wedding was coming up april 2007 and she hadn’t received any of my paperwork. I called and was upset, of course we had already paid 1680.00 dollars for a wedding, and this person was telling me it was the wrong year. Well when I asked to speak with a supervisor I was told point blank. “If you get hostile I can cancle your wedding and refuse to rebook it.”
    Looking back, I should have just canceld the entire thng and booked it some other way. As a PRINCESS CRUISE LINES employee I was pretty astounded at how I was being treated. I paid 2 years in advance, I booked, I was all ready to go and planning away an error happened and when I called in Princess was Rude to me trying to make it out like it was my fault. Then I ask to speak with a supervisor and I am treated in that manner… I should have known nothing else would be done correctly.
    Ok, so let’s move on. I finally was booked the right ship the right date and everything. We call again just to make sure we’ve turned in everything we’re supposed to. We’re told we have to send in our information sheet and the marriage license sheet. We fax it in and call the next day to confirm. We figure everything is going fine… a few weeks later we call to figure out the wedding cake and everything for our guests, (I’ll talk more about that later too..) We are told again that our information sheet was not in, again we faxed it. This process took almost 2 years and several faxes before it was really received although it was confirmed several times. We were told once by a young women that they lost our paperwork and to please refax it. We did again. Every time we called we encountered rude and unhelpful people. I think there was one gentalman once who wasn’t rude.
    Ok so now we’re a few months out from the wedding, and we’ve had to change our numbers a few times, and had to ask a lot of questions, but we’re thinking we’re dong everything right. We live on the west coast so calling the wedding experience is a little hard saying they close at 7 eastern and aren’t open on the weekend. Usually you would spend and average of 30 min on hold listening to them talk about what a wonderful experience and stress free it is to plan with them. Ok, so we’ve gotten everything or so we think worked out, we call every few weeks and ask if there is any thing we’re missing, and the answer is always nope your all set. Now we’re a month or so before the wedding and I call again. I happen to be home from work really sick, and the lady says “everything’s fine, you’ve got your marriage license right?” I almost drop the phone and stop breathing. NO we paid the wedding experience 2 years ago to file for that since we live in Washington. “oh… she says, well, can you fax over the application again?” again??? Ok so 9th time’s a charm right? We send it over again, and now we’re getting nervous, what happens at a wedding if there’s no paperwork? A ceremony, and a few weeks later a justice of the peace? (we did plan for that if we needed to) My mother calls again and asks if everything is done, and they say no we need to fax in our information sheet for the brides maids and the ceremony type. (again I’ll address this later) My mother faxes this form in again, along with the guest list they didn’t ask for it, but she thought she’d just send it in again for safety sake. We’ve now faxed the same papers 13 times to the same number and printed out 13 confirmations of recept. I almost know the fax number by heart. And we wait.
    We call again, and we are told that our marriage licence was overnighted to us, and that we have to have it sent back befor the wedding (this is 10 days before we leave)
    The wedding experience sends this to the wrong address neglecting to put an apartment number on the package and fed ex holds it another night, (9 days before we leave) We get off work and drive around on the eight day trying to find it, we find it, and run to the bank 3 min before closing and get it notarized, and then drive to a fed ex where we reovernight it, since the note inside says if it’s with in 30 days to overnight it. We paid 50 dollars to have it overnighted with signature required. We wanted to MAKE SURE it was there. So this paper is finially there, actually I call to confirm and I’m told it’s not there, but since I called fed ex first and verf it was signed for I did have to tell the person on the phone who signed for it, and they again had to go find it. This is all supposed to be stress free right? Not being able to find my marriage linsence for a few days before the wedding is a little nuts.
    From the very beginging fo this process we had been requesting the latest wedding allowed in Key west, and we were told that we were the one’s who were booked first, . So when the finializer called my mother and gave her the 9 am wedding time my mom almost flipped. We had been on that cruise before and were aware of the immigration for key west that occurs firs thing in the morning and we didn’t want our wedding to be in the middle of all of that. We had requested this over and over and over. So she changed it to 3:30 and everything should have been fine.
    So the day before we leave we get an email that we are supposed to sign and send back, it’s a copy of “everything” included in our package, and a run down of the ceremony. We notice that the ceremony is not the one we picked, but 24 hours prior to leaving we didn’t have time to email back that it wasn’t right, then wait 42 hours for a response we would have been in SouthBeach by then. So we fixed what we could and sent it off, not that the changes we made were fixed on board, they were still all wrong. On board we met with our Royal Caribbean person and told her everything that was going wrong, she tried to get an Idea of what the flowers were for us, 3 days of cruising and 3 days of calls and emails and still no one would tell me… She says what color do you just not want. I said NOTHING PURPLE PLEASE…
    A few specific situations…. The flowers… I called a few times and I was assured that they would take my wedding colors and they would match the tropical flowers to my colors so that they wouldn’t’ stand out too much. I asked quite a few times, I even asked on board and no one could give me an Idea of what the boquet would look like but still I was assured that they wouldn’t be something too far out there. I got bright purple flowers with birds of paridice and who knows what else. They were hiddous no bride would be proud to walk down the isle with those, and the funny thing I said every time, I just don’t want purple. I hate purple flowers… with a huge passion I prayed and prayed and prayed they weren’t purple…. And they were…
    So this is 10 min before my wedding when I see these flowers, and there’s a coordinator and the officant in my room, and I start crying. The coordinator starts yelling at me for crying and my mom tells her to please stop and she talks very condescending to my mother how she has to finish what she has to say. She was on her cell phone the entire time, and it was ringing, and she was yelling at me though this 5 min meeting… very much worth the 150 dollars she made on us? OH ok, so we had 59 people and had t pay an extra 300 dollars in coordinators, when she got there we asked where the others were and she said she’s the only one and there’s two weddings. So we WERE not only lied to again but forced to pay for a service that wasn’t there. She wasn’t even at my wedding since the other wedding was happening at the same time. I couldn’t even find her to make sure that the lisncs was signed… we wanted my son to sign his name as a witness again something we told them, and was never done. Another 300 dollars well spent?
    We chose to do our own music for 2 of the songs, and we ordered roses for the mom’s. We told the officiate that we were just going to give them to them after the ceremony, not in any kind of special thing, but when we gave them a hug. (this will come up again later) As my father and I are standing there waiting to walk down the isle… the wrong music plays, we stand there, and wait, and wait, and wait, then finally my dad yells “how about here comes the bride” that starts to play and we walk together laughing, He’s asked who gives this women to be married, he said her family and I, and I take scotts hands, and am handed the roses which were supposed to be white and were yellow. I stood there big eyed and confused what I am supposed to do with the roses now? So we go and hand them to the mothers whch was not what we had planned. This was a weird part of the ceremony, but liveable, though our entire ceremony they kept playing a few seconds of the songs, not the whole song not the right song, but just a few seconds of each of the two songs. We laughed though the entire ceremony because everything had been such a mess. We finally exchange vows, and they play the wrong song again, for the resessional which is funy because there are only 2 songs on the cd, one for the ceremony and one for the ressional, they get the right song playing and we walk man and wife… ok so we’re married, and we dance, and everything should be as it is. We cut the cake, which we paid extra for 2 cakes and were supposed to have a small cake for the bride and groom, we were told it would be deliverd to our state room and it never was, another thing we paid for that wasn’t deliverd. Our photographer was rude, and took horrible pictures, which is another point. After the wedding we spent over an hour taking photos, and then were told to be there at 7:15 to look them over, we picked out our 10 photos, and we didn’t order any extra, there weren’t many more that were worth keeping. We are told to come back to the photo store at 8 am to pick them up, we go and the store is closed, we had to run around the ship for 40 min to find them, and when we did they weren’t the pictures we picked out. We are missing two of the pictures we wanted… but the cruise was over and there was no way to fix it. The entire wedding was a mess, and our experience was not stress free. The people we had to work with were rude and I hate to say I wouldn’t suggest it to anyone. Unfortuatly as a princess employee I field calls all day long, and have to give out the wedding experience number, I’m not allowed to tell them about my experience, because it’s not good service, because our company uses the wedding experience as well. If I were to do this over again I would NEVER go with this company. I am horribly disappointed with the situation and the way thigns went. It was a lot of undue stress and horrible experiences after another. I know I’m not the only one, since I have been doing research and found that there are other brides that have had the same issues. I really hope that something can be done to make other brides weddings better. I will forever remember the mess that was my wedding…
    I feel that we are due some kind of reparation; this letter is going not only to the wedding experience but also to royal Caribbean and to princess. I think it is important for them all to know what kind of experiences my customers have, as well as yours.

An unhappy bride

Becky jo DoRan

• Ky
      18th of Jan, 2009

MY WEDDING WAS ON AUGUST 26, 2007 I HAVE TO HONESTLY SAY MY WEDDING ON THE NORWEGIAN DAWN WAS BEAUTIFUL
    I GOT EVERYTHING I PAID FOR. TWE WAS THERE UPON ARRIVAL
    THEY ESCORTED MY FAMILY AS WELL AS MY BRIDAL PARTY AS SOON AS THE LIMOS ARRIVED. THE GAVE US A CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST UPON ARRIVAL . WE THEN MET THE CAPTAIN THAT WAS OFFICIATING
    THE CEREMONY. AFTER MY FAMILY WAS SETTLED IN VENUE WHERE I WAS HAVE MY CEREMONY AND RECEPTION . TWE THEN ESCORTED
    MY WEDDING PARTY AS WELL AS MY SELF TO MY CABIN TO DRESS US AND ASSIST US WITH ANY THING THAT WE NEEDED. MY FLOWERS WERE ABSOLUTLEY STUNNING. THE FOOD AND THE CAKE WAS EXQUISITE. I HAD A PIANO PLAYER THAT PLAYED EVERY PAGE OF SHEET MUSIC THAT WAS ORDERED. NOT TO MENTION CAPTAIN WONSOVER WHO PERFORMED THE CEREMONY. NOT FORGETTING TO MENTION THE STAFF OF TWE THE PROFESSIONALISM AND ATTENTIVENESS TO MY WEDDING EXPERIENCE WAS AWESOME. EVERY ONE WAS COURTEOUS AND PROFESSIONAL I RECIEVED A FOLLOW UP PHONE CALL AS WELL AS A THANK YOU CARD. MY HUSBAND AND I BOTH PAID A LOT OF MONEY FOR OUR WEDDING AS WELL AS OUR HONEYMOON, AND WE LOOKED AT IT AS AN INVESTMENT SO I MADE SURE MYSELF EVERY THING WAS DONE TO MY LIKING AND THEY WERE MORE THAN HAPPY TO ABLIGE. I KNOW AS BRIDES WE CAN BE CRAZY AND OVER THE TOP AND HAVE TO THINK WITH A BUSINESS MIND NOT A BRIDES (ITS MY WEDDING MIND)!!! SORRY YOUR EXPERIENCES WERE SO POOR BUT MIND WAS GREAT!!!

KIMBERLY L. JAMES

• La
      12th of May, 2009

THEY ARE HORRIBLE!!! THIS IS MY COMPLAINT LETTER AND THEY DONT EVEN CARE!!!

My wedding was scheduled through your company for 3/21/2009 aboard the Royal Caribbean, Grandeur of the Seas. I would like to express to you my complete dissatisfaction and heartache with my experience on a day that should shine in my memory for a lifetime. As you requested here is an overview of the issues I had with my wedding experience.

When I arrived to the ship it was to a woman telling me that my guests were completely rude and disrespectful to her. Being as though I was hyperventilating and just finished getting sick on the way there I see no point in someone telling me this at my arrival. I felt horrible and asked if she needed me to say something. After speaking with some of my guests I found out that this woman began speaking very loudly and down to one of my guests because they asked if they could leave the area and return at 10:30 since they were there early and wanted to get something to eat. I see no reason this woman had to speak so loudly and rudely to one of guests. While I realize there are rules and time specifications a simple explanation in an “inside voice” may have come across better.

Your “lead coordinator” as she called herself for this wedding proceeded to yell at two other coordinators (in front of me) for letting guests outside doors to smoke when it was really ship security that had done that. It was totally unprofessional and uncalled for.

I assumed that I would not be made to be in front of my guests prior to my wedding as it is the day that people are supposed to wait for the bride to take their breath away. Well lucky for me I was made to sit with all of my guests while still in my pajamas so I would have a button up shirt on to not mess up my hair and my hair clipped so the curls would not fall. I am not sure if you are married but if you are as a woman I am sure you can imagine my total discomfort in having to remain in this setting. If you are not yet I highly suggest you not book your wedding through your company.

Once we boarded the ship I was informed that while I had in fact paid for 2 hours of open bar and buffet along with the ceremony that all of my guests must leave the ship at 3:00. When I asked why this was happening I was told that ships are different and the services are booked through Miami and just general. “Miami doesn’t really know what the different location requirements are for the different areas.” Well I did not pay for general knowledge of my wedding nor the headache and stress of having to argue for the two hours of service I paid for. This time was for me to enjoy my family and friends being with me. There was one professional person working with me who unfortunately had to deal with all of the frustration and emotion stirring from what this woman was telling me. Her name is Monica. She is the only saving grace for this experience and worked to get the reception time corrected.

While cruising I was informed by other passengers that they saw me when I was waiting to be walked down and overheard the woman saying, “We don’t have time for her to be crying.” In response to this… I paid for my wedding. If I wanted to sit there and cry for two hours I could have. HOW DARE HER! How humiliated I was sitting there with people I don’t even know telling me that the people working the wedding were commenting about my emotions loud enough for others to overhear. If they wanted to discuss me or my guests they should have done it on their own time. NOT MINE!

Finally, during the reception while doing all I could to avoid this woman she comes up to me and tells me that most weddings are not like mine. Most people understand her and my guests can’t follow direction. Why because my husband and I let our guests eat first? Because we wanted to dance and enjoy each other? Because at this point everyone was so sick of hearing this woman scream over microphones at them that they tuned her out. Last I checked my guests and I were not cattle. We are respectable individuals and should have been treated as such.

I will always get pleasure in dancing and being around the family and friends that I have been honored to have in my life and no one could ever take that from me. But this experience sure does take away from the memories I was supposed to and deserved to have. You have a WONDERFUL employee in Monica. She did her very best to resolve issues that came up and performed a wonderful ceremony. I stress to you the importance of having her on your staff.

I hope this better helps explain the difficulties I had. Thank you for taking the time to review this information. I patiently await your response and plan to rectify this situation.

• Ru
      11th of Jan, 2010

Ok, I am a GROOM and pissed off right now. It's been seven weeks since I got married on the Carnival Miracle on 11/20/09. The wedding itself was very nice. It was genuine and beautiful. The reception was very nice as well. The food was very good and the job that Carnival did I was very pleased with. Whenever I spoke with members of Carnival Cruise Lines, I got answers. Mind you, I've been cruising with Carnival for a very long time. The service Carnival provided was great.

Now, to The Wedding Experience. To begin with, once I had to start dealing with The Wedding Experience is when things went straight downhill. The rep who I was supposed to deal with prior to the wedding never returned a single phone call. I never actually spoke with her one time. I called numerous times for information and to confirm certain things and never was she at her desk to answer the phone nor did she ever return one of my messages. So their customer service SUCKS!

Then the day of the wedding, I had two wedding coordinators. I am guessing there are part of The Wedding Experience, although I can't be sure since they weren't wearing any kind of name tages. Overall, the ceremony itself was very nice, the reception was very nice, but never have I ever been ASKED for a TIP. These women ASKED for a TIP. Carnival never told me about any tipping policy when I purchased the wedding. One of the reasons I got married on the ship is because it was much less expensive as we had a tight budget. To begin with, I've never been married so I am not exactly educated with the procedure and what is customary. However, my sister was a wedding coordinator at The Westin in Coral Gables for three years and she told me that she generally got tipped, but that was because she worked with the bridge and groom the day their signed their contracts through the end of the wedding which could take months to a year or so. She answered all their questions and guided them along the way. These two women I met the DAY of the wedding for the very first time. I'd never spoken to them prior to the wedding date so all they did was walk us on board the ship, take us to the Chapel and then to the reception and they had the audacity to ask for a TIP? I am confused. After consulting with my sister, I decided to be a nice person and give them $50 a piece for their hard day at work in walking us to two different locations and then leaving. So before I even left on my honeymoon I was out $140 in tips, $20 to the two Maitre D's.

Now, that was the least of it, although that's no different than going to dinner and having a server ask you for a tip, albeit a server would actually have done a lot more work than these two women did.

It's been seven weeks since I got married and my license has still not reached the Broward County Courthouse. I've called the Courthouse and they have no record of my wedding license being received. The Wedding Experience ladies said they take care of the license. They deliver it to the Courthouse and it's filed by them. It takes four weeks to get posted by the Court and have a certified copy sent to my house. None has been received yet. I've called The Wedding Experience THREE TIMES now and no answer has been given to me about where my license is or why it hasn't already been filed. What makes this worse is that I work ACROSS THE STREET from the Courthouse and could have done this myself when returning from my honeymoon. Instead, to date, technically I am still not married. My Wife can't change her name which is pissing her off and it pisses me off.

So now, it seems I am going to have to pay another fee to the Courthouse for a replacement license, travel to Miami for my officiant to notarize the license and get two people to witness it. In all that will probably take at least half a day. Will the Wedding Experience pay for my time wasted or the headache that has been caused or their pathetic excuse for Customer Service. It's just awful service. I wish Carnival would simply run the weddings themselves. They'd probably work out a lot better from start to finish.

• Le
      26th of Feb, 2010

I just got married in January 2010 and I had a similar experience working with the wedding experience. Everything that was handled by Carnival-food, photography, drinks, videographer, DJ, etc. was great and amazing. Everything that included The Wedding Experience was absolutely horrible. Not only did we have to call and be put on hold numerous times to figure out details to our weddings, we even had to call 6 days before the wedding because they still had yet to confirm any of the time/location and extra details.

Aside from that, the day of the cruise, the wedding planners meet us take us to our rooms and then the wedding planner tells me, "Stay here I will be back to get you at 12:30 so we can start your reception on time at 12:45" So my sister and I wait in the room completely ready and 12:30 rolls around, and she is not there. Being my first time on a cruise, I honestly had absolutely no idea where to find the lounge we were getting married in. So we decided to wait since she had specifically told us to wait. Well 12:45 rolls around, which is the time our ceremony should have been starting, so we just decide we will wait 5 more minutes and then go search for it on our own. After waiting 10 more minutes just to be sure she wasn't on her way, we set off on our own to find the lounge. Then as we are nearing the elevators she comes running up yelling at us, "hurry up, run, come on." Which was completely inappropriate seeing as she was the one who was late and told me to wait. So due to her being so late, we didn't even get our ceremony started until 1:15pm. That cut our 1.5 hr reception short by half hour.

Then the wedding coordinator decides to take our marriage certificate. The officiant was our grandfather so we figure, okay she probably gave it to him since she made sure to take it from me. Well during our honeymoon our grandfather lets us know that he never even saw the certificate. SOOO after wasting so much time worrying and trying to make sure the wedding planner meets us the day we get off the ship, we get back home from vacation with no license and no information. We had to call several times and then they tell us, oh the wedding coordinator accidently took your license off the ship and she mailed it on Thursday. Well, mailing anything within our state usually takes 2 days. It was Monday, so we were like okay, we should have it by now or tomorrow. Well we don't receive it until Thursday and we saw the postmarked day and time was not until Monday PM, which was when we called to figure everything out. WHY LIE???? Then the wedding coordinator wrote us a note that was dated for Tuesday as if she really sent it the Tuesday before.

Then we have to ship our license to our grandfather via 2 day shipping since we only have 1.5 week left to turn it back in to be official. The Wedding Experience said, sure we will pay for the shipping, charge it to our fedex account. So we did that and got our certificate in the mail just in time. WELL WHY ARE WE GETTING CHARGED FOR SHIPPING NOW??????? It is absolutely ridiculous and they are crazy if they think we would just forget about it and pay for their horrible coordinators mistake.

All in all we had a great honeymoon and experience doing a cruise wedding but if you can find a cruise line that does NOT use the wedding experience you will be better off. The wedding experience is horrible and their customer service is nonexistent.

• Li
      22nd of Mar, 2010

I too was recently married. We got married on Royal Caribbean and had the unfortunate luck of having The Wedding Experience handle the event.

I could not book the wedding til the cabin was paid for, when I booked my cabin I also booked the flights and cabins for my sailing guests. At the time of booking the wedding I wanted to cancel everything due to how rudely I was treated, called stupid, idiotic, childish among other things, for wanting to have my wedding outdoors with the ocean-side as the background. But by this time this all happened I felt like I was stuck as everything was already paid for and the cancellation fees would be too much. TWE supervisor assured me that everything would be fine, so I went ahead with my plans.

Again, my mistake, the supervisor was no better. She belittled me at every turn, called me "too organized of a person", and said that I was a nervous young bride. I am in my 40s and have lived with my husband for 10 yrs, hardly nervous.

All that nightmare aside. They called me up 5 days before the wedding and told me I could not have the custom cake that I had ordered through them but for almost twice the price I could have a plain white fondant cake!

I paid for an open bar and did not receive any bar services. My guests had to pay for drinks and the minors had to pay for water or sodas.

I had uninvited people from the cruise in the "private" reception lounge eating the food I paid for and my father had to ask them to leave.

I could go on and tell the whole saga but you would be here for days reading all the nightmares.

All said and done it was the worst experience I have ever had planning a wedding ( I have helped plan wedding for friends and family) Their idea of all you have to do is show up and say your vows and we will make you the perfect wedding is the biggest joke out there!!

I am giving them one last chance to credit me for the items I paid for and did not receive (the bar wasn't the only issue) before I reverse the charges on my credit card.

Do yourself a favor DO NOT use The Weeding Experience. If that means you have to change your plans and get married on a beach vs a cruise ship do it. I have heard there are many other companies out there that handle beach and destination weddings, look into them, read the reviews and save yourself the headaches. Take the cruise for your honeymoon

Frustrated and Ignored

• Co
      15th of Jun, 2010

I was just married in Santorini, which TWE organized. It was a mess!! I am so disappointed in the overall experience. Luckily, Santorini is a beautiful island so our pictures turned out great, but the ceremony wasn't worth headache we had a deal with from TWE. I will be complaining directly to them and suing if need be. How can they run a business like this? It is unacceptable.

• Je
      17th of Mar, 2011

OMG, I wish I had read this before doing a cruise wedding. My wedding is two weeks away and I do not know anything! I am going to have a nervous breakdown, especially after reading all of these comments!!!

28th of Jul, 2011

I agree with the Bride and I also had a horrible experience from the very beginning and was assured the poor and rude assistance I had gotten would not effect my wedding day, boy they were wrong the wedding day was horrific as well. They are not professionals, they are a complete joke. I had 85 guests on NCL cruise and 33 were sailing and the other 52 non sailing guests, I was made to have 3 wedding coordinators and the additional 2 i paid $350 plus tax for each. I dealt with the Wedding experience from Aisles the entire process. My travel agent dealt with NCL group coordinator. The group coordinator was on top of everything and made no mistakes. The wedding experience made mistake after mistake. I understand no wedding is perfect and I expected a couple things to go wrong and knew it would be a quick wedding since I had only 2 1/2 hours including ceremony and sit down lunch reception. For example this is just some things that went wrong; wedding coordinator refused to straighten my dress before walking down the aisle she said "it wasn't her job", my bouquet was on a white stick held together by a piece of tape instead of wrapped in ribbon like arranged, groom walked out to "here comes the bride" along with the rest of my wedding party, they couldn't work the music equipment so I had no 1st dance and dance with my Dad like arranged, my cake had coconut in it and I'm allergic to tree nuts and coconut and they were made aware of that over and over again. It goes on but you get the point. I think a wedding cruise is still a good idea but as long as Aisles the Wedding Experience is in charge of it I would stay away. When I think of my wedding day I cry and they are not tears of joy.

1st of Sep, 2011

I am the original bride that wrote the first complaint of "Horrible Customer Service" on this forum. I'd like to say, it's been three yrs. since I have gotten married on Carnival and had to deal with The Wedding Experience. It still stings, if I describe it to others. But, I will tell you it does get better, with time.

Few things I'd like to mention: I've noticed that a lot of other people have gone through such similar situations as mine. Obviously, The Wedding Experience is a horrible company that is getting away with murder. One thing that all of us can easily do, simply from our computers, is to go on the Better Business Bureau website ( http://www.bbb.org/ ) and give TWE a very bad rating. This will, eventually, hurt their company and make them realize that they are to be held to a higher standard and accountable for all of their horrible actions. Unless TWE is pointedly sued, they will continue with their unprofessional, hurtful and deceitful ways. So, PLEASE, if you want to make a difference, go on to the Better Business Bureau and add to their poor and low rating. Eventually, they will have their business license taken away. Also, get the word out! If your experience was bad enough, go onto other forums and let other brides and grooms know not to use The Wedding Experience in any way possible.

In re-reading my original post, I wanted to add a few thoughts that were helpful for me in getting back what my husband and I had taken from us on our wedding day. Not only did I not have any of the flowers that were ordered for my bridal party and family, I did not even have my wedding bouquet or husbands boutonniere which were just a standard part of the bridal package. I was told that there was no time for my first dance and "Let's hurry up and cut the cake!" Well, everyone, I did have some semblance of calm left in my that day and I told my wedding coordinator to put my" first dance" music on and get out of the way. I told her this would be my only wedding day and that I was going to have my first dance. Sometimes you just have to take charge when no one else will.

How did I resolve some of these hardships and mishaps? I went straight to the management of Carnival. Now, sadly, I had to do this on my honeymoon. But, in knew in my gut, that if I didn't address all of this NOW, that I would be forgotten and put at the bottom of a long list. I set up meetings and held my ground with Carnival mngmt. They were kind enough to listen, but I had to push, push, push. I was not letting up and I had a paper trail a mile long with info about all of the specifics between Carnival, The Wedding Experience, what was promised in their package and what was actually delivered.

Ah-ha! Finally, someone starts to listen. That was gratifying. We talked numbers and Carnival did ask how they could compensate. I will say, they did their best to clean up TWE mess. They did compensate, but nothing will bring back that day.

My message here is this: Go directly to the source. Carnival is hiring this hideous company, let them know directly how horrible it all was. Give them the message that they are responsible for hiring The Wedding Experience. Enough direct complaints and TWE will not be used anymore and will be blacklisted.

Good luck to you all!! I hope my original message helped some of you to turn your back on The Wedding Experience. And, for those of you who went ahead with them, I am sorry for what you went through. My thought is this, I will make sure to have a wonderful ten year renewal of the vows - - and, all on my terms!

Best wishes, everyone. And, remember, rate them on The Better Business Bureau, it's the only way to make a difference.

1st of Sep, 2011

Just posted the above review. Want to apologize for all of the " 's". For the life of me, I cannot tell you what that is. So, I am sorry if it is hard to read. Anyway, hope my info. helps someone.

1st of Sep, 2011

I am re-posting - - hoping to make my text more clear.

I am the original bride that wrote the first complaint of Horrible Costumer Service on this forum. I would like to say, it has been three yrs. since I have gotten married on Carnival and had to deal with The Wedding Experience. It still stings, if I describe it to others. But, I will tell you it does get better, with time.

Few things I would like to mention: I have noticed that a lot of other people have gone through such similar situations as mine. Obviously, The Wedding Experience is a horrible company that is getting away with murder. One thing that all of us can easily do, simply from our computers, is to go on the Better Business Bureau website ( http://www.bbb.org/ ) and give TWE a very bad rating. This will, eventually, hurt their company and make them realize that they are to be held to a higher standard and accountable for all of their horrible actions. Unless TWE is pointedly sued, they will continue with their unprofessional, hurtful and deceitful ways. So, PLEASE, if you want to make a difference, go on to the Better Business Bureau and add to their poor and low rating. Eventually, they will have their business license taken away. Also, get the word out! If your experience was bad enough, go onto other forums and let other brides and grooms know not to use The Wedding Experience in any way possible.

In re-reading my original post, I wanted to add a few thoughts that were helpful for me in getting back what my husband and I had taken from us on our wedding day. Not only did I not have any of the flowers that were ordered for my bridal party and family, I did not even have my wedding bouquet or husbands boutonniere which were just a standard part of the bridal package. I was told that there was no time for my first dance and hurry up and cut the cake! Well, everyone, I did have some semblance of calm left in my that day and I told my wedding coordinator to put my" first dance" music on and get out of the way. I told her this would be my only wedding day and that I was going to have my first dance. Sometimes you just have to take charge when no one else will.

How did I resolve some of these hardships and mishaps? I went straight to the management of Carnival. Now, sadly, I had to do this on my honeymoon. But, in knew in my gut, that if I did not address all of this NOW, that I would be forgotten and put at the bottom of a long list. I set up meetings and held my ground with Carnival mngmt. They were kind enough to listen, but I had to push, push, push. I was not letting up and I had a paper trail a mile long with info about all of the specifics between Carnival, The Wedding Experience, what was promised in their package and what was actually delivered.

Best wishes, everyone. And, remember, rate them on The Better Business Bureau, it is the only way to make a difference. http://www.bbb.org/
    0 mins ago by Unhappy_Bride 0 Votes

• Br
      23rd of Jan, 2012

I was just about to use this company to renew my vows on an NCL cruise. Now I will not - thanks!