The Hartz Mountain Corporation / Their products kills your pets!

400 Plaza DriveSecaucus, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-275-1414
The Organophosphates Tetrachlorvinphos which are toxic causes severe reactions. Affects the nervous system and causes the liver and kidneys to bleed. Results are death in your pets. Go to hartzvictims.org to read all the victims stories like mine. Hartz products should be banned. Animals such not suffer this cruelty. This is sold everywhere in the world.

On 11-20-2007 i sprayed my 8 month old male chihuahua (Boss). With Hartz 2 in 1 Flea and Tick spray. The next morning 11-21-2007 i saw signs of him being sick. Not wanting to eat or drink and thought maybe he had a virus. At dinner time that day i tried to get him to eat and drink something. But he would not eat or drink his water. Later that afternoon in the evening time he starting vomiting, salivation/foaming at the mouth, muscle tremors, loss of balance, lethargic. He would lay in his dog bed and was coughing / hacking like he has something caught in his throat. When he did this it sounded like he was screaming or crying like the product was burning his throat. I also washed my pet and when i dried him off there was blood on the white towel that i use to dry him with. I stayed up most of the night with him. The next morning 11-22-2007 i called the Hartz Company. And told them what was happening to my pet. They told me to get him to the vet's office emergency after-hours. I called the Vet's office and met him at 2:00 pm that day. And told him my pets symptoms he told me to leave my pet with him. That he would call me later about his condition.

The next morning 11-23-07 the vet called my to tell me that my pet Boss died the day of 11-22-2007 that evening. I was in shock i could not believe this news. Hartz sells this everyday over the counter in all stores. Killing our animals, to me this is cruelty no matter how you look at it. So i decided to do some research on the Hartz products. The products has organophosphates tetrachlorvinphos and other toxic poisons in them. This effects the nervous system and causes the liver and kidneys to bleed. What a terrible death for my pet and other animals to go thur. My pet had all the signs of toxic poison. But i did not know you could buy products over the counter you think would help you pet. But instead it will kill them. I did not Know Hartz has all these problems Lawsuits product recalls. I have called the EPA, FDA and I am filing reports about this Hartz product.

I also have another female 1 year old Chihuahua that this product made very sick. She would not let me spray very much on her she kept running from me. Or she would be dead now also. I now have 2 high Vet bills that i have paid. This product killed 1 pet made the other very sick. Search the web about Hartz products you will be in shock as i am over this product. Or go to the web site hartzvictims.org and read the stories these of the victims. My story is like this rest Hartz kills. I will never buy any products from them again. After my pets were sprayed they still had fleas. So this product does not kill fleas but it does kill your animals.
Va

More The Hartz Mountain Corporation Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Sp
  2nd of Jan, 2008
My condolences on your loss. That must have been awful for you.
Ki
  17th of Jan, 2008
I'm so sorry to hear about "Boss"your chihuahua. The Hartz Product Company should be responsible for your vet bills, I don't understand how this company gets away with it. For years their flea products have killed so many innocent animals & people don't know. Everytime I see someone pick up a "Hartz" product I insist they try something else such as "Adams" I wouldn't use/buy a Hartz item if it was the only thing left on this planet! They suck! & clearly don't give 2 ### about the safety of their products! or the Lives they shatter! I own 6 Chihuahuas & if I had to go thru what you did, I'd be a total wreck! They become your family. My condolences...I'm in tears just knowing what that little dog went thru. They are so small & doesnt take much. Are you aware that even the Rabies & Distemper vaccine can cause problems w/ chihuahuas. Some get extremely ill, others hair loss.. It's been linked to vaccines & some vets(such as mine) will suggest not continuing the series of vaccines if the pup has had any reaction to the prior one. Good Luck with your little girl & I hope she is wehh & healthy.
El
  11th of Jun, 2008
Stick in chew about six inches long.
Lc
  9th of Jul, 2009
Last Saturday, on the 4th of July, 2009, my cat died after being treated with Hartz Ultra Guard Pro for cats. I used it exactly as the box said, but she began shaking and shivering, couldn't walk straight, and crying. By the time I got a vet to come in on the holiday, it was too late, she wasn't going to recover.